Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Daevid, awesome on your 7 AF days :wd:

Ava, don't touch my iphone

Kensho, you sound good too!

Sarah, how's it going?

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feeling so darn happy to be sober this Sunday night. Thanks to all your support, accountability and wisdom! New week ahead!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on your big 7, Daevid! It'll continue to get better. Promise.

Londoner, you're doing so well. You sound strong.

Kensho, What a great feelin', ain't it! Good for you!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho - So glad to hear you had a successful AF camping trip. You sound happy, strong, and content - as you should! Nice job!

Daevid - Good job with your first week. Try not to worry about physical/health concerns until you know what, if anything, you're dealing with. I know, easier said than done, but worrying won't help you any and might make some things worse.

Londoner
            - Congrats on challenging yourself to get out (both out of your house and out of your comfort zone). This can be risky at times, but it sounds like you were quite grounded and feeling solid about it through your meditation. I'm inspired by your success!

NS
            - As always, I really appreciate the research you do, the knowledge you have, and all of the links and wisdom you share (yours and others') here in the nest.
            Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much for caring, guys. I really appreciate your support. :thanks:
              ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Daevid for your first week, may it be the first of many happy ones to follow!

Have had a long chat with neighbours today and we have decided to get the pest control people in to get rid of mice
                I might go and stay with my family at night as that is when they drive me nuts!! We have tried so many ways of getting rid of them but to no avail, radical action needs to be taken now!! xx
                New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Positive

As chemo approaches and as my mum's full diagnosis date gets nearer and as the mice population increase each day I am finding it hard to be positive. But I do know if I drank it would be even worse. I feel a really unhealthy amount of fear at the moment. I like reading on this forum , lots of days building up from lots of people ...well done everyone!! xxx
                  New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD you have so many positive vibes from all of us that what can go wrong! It is a pleasure and inspiration to have you on mwo. I do hope your mum is okay. Its pretty natural for you to be fearful with all you are going through but it would be a hell of a lot worse if you were drinking and you were in your own living hell when you were. I remember your posts of fear and hurt and frustration when you so desperately wanted to stop, to me it was heartbreaking so to see how far you have come even with your cancer diagnosis is a total inspiration to me and i am sure others.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Smoothing my feathers this morning after a night of gusty thunder storms!

DD, you are in all our thoughts :l
                      Maybe the time you spend with your Mum will be good for the both of you! I hope the pros get rid of the mice quickly & efficiently

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Looking forward to another day of ups and downs, without AL. That's normal life - we are here to experience it, right? Feeling tired, and appreciating that it is not from some substance - it's from living hard over the weekend (hiking, playing, chasing kids, grocery shopping, etc.). Why on earth would I look forward to a drink to cure ANYthing that was a bit uncomfortable? Bring it on and let me feel it.

Well wishes DD. Sending really good thoughts to you...
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone! Survived the weekend with my mother. My husband has been a wonderful support for me and talked to me through yesterday when I was starting to stress. Reading up on how to deal with someone like that has been very helpful, he looks for the signs she shows and talks me though it. Its actually pretty textbook how she is acting, now I guess I know what to look for it does make it easier to handle. Still disturbing and hard on the heart as this is my mother, the one whos supposed to support you and want better for you, not get you through guilt and subtle manipulative ways.
                          Anyway, enough of that. I am 5 days again and feeling good, looking forward to double digits! Hope everyone is doing well and Ill have to read back on the posts and catch up!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                            Great job, everyone, for getting thru the weekend (AND family, in many cases). I tell you....there is just nothing like The Family Dynamic, is there? Remember, there is the @#$%^&! Thread for just such occasions, take it out in swear words, NOT on yourself by drinking! Drinking AT these people does absolutely nothing, trust me, I tried, it didn't change a thing about them!! They are oblivious to anything that isn't in their own orbit. Hang tough and take care of you!!

DD, thinking of you, and I hope the pros can eliminate your problems!! Sounds like you are making strides!

So proud of every single one of us who gets thru the day AF! This is a tough war, but we are tougher than AL!! Get out there and conquer the day, yes, even with FAMILY! If we can kick AL's arse, we can kick anybody's!! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is the day I have been waiting for! I leave for my work trip today about 3pm! I feel so excited about the next 3 days and being AF! It feels like the weekend dragged out and i drank about 8 pony wines each night ( normal for me) the equivalent of 2 bottles of wine.. ( Blech)
                              My brother called me yesterday to see how i was doing, he is also AL and i let him know all about this site and he said today will be his quit day too. I'm sure we will be talking later today. It feels so good to talk to happy people. the ones around here DH and the other guy that lives in the camper next to the garage are miserable *%#@%#@*.. I ran into one of my other brothers in the grocery store yesterday also, he has MS and is being cared for by a very wonderful woman. She told me i was beautiful, i hugged my brother and told him I love him... I was moved to tears.. I told myself, life is to be lived and joyous. and I'm not doing either. I have decided to make a move before kids start school this year. Looking at rentals this morning already.
                              Daevid Congratulations on you Moon!
                              Sarah Way to go day 1!!
                              Mom of 3- The more you read about your Mom, it sounds like you are gainng a broader understanding of her disorder !
                              Ginger- I know you are watching me , Thank you !:l
                              Kensho You have such a fantastic attitude! You kicked AL right to the curb and then some!

Love to you all
                              I will check in tonight when i get to my hotel!

Comment

Newbies Nest

WMM - You sound powered up and ready to tackle your AF days. Will be thinking of you - you can do this!

DD
                                - Your fear is understandable. That doesn't make it any easier, I know. Good job thinking clearly and realizing that AL would do nothing but make things worse in every way. At least the mice problem should be behind you soon, and it sounds like your neighbors were very understanding and on the same page with this issue. Hugs to you... :l
                                Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X