Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Wags- and Way to go on 90 days! :applaud::wd:
    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1688012 wrote: Congrats Wags! Now you're cookin' with gas!
      Thanks Jane and STL!

Jane, your new avatar is EXACTLY the inspiration for my username Yay, yay, yay!
      Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wagmore, congrats on 90 days!!! Woot Woot!

And thanks everyone as well! More drinking thoughts again today, looking at the clock and I really need to go to the grocery store today. There is one a little further away with no liquor store attached to it so I'm going to head to that one instead. I just read a really good article on a young woman who has quit drinking now for 1 year, I posted a new thread for it. It was a great read and something I swear I could have wrote myself word for word. Reading that actually turned my train of thought so I bounced on here as well to talk while the thoughts go away and read some positive posts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry if you have been looking for me, its the 1st time I have been able to check in.. Working in FLA. The not drinking thing didn't work the 1st 2 nights. Making today AF1 day... sorry to let you all down....

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was checking the NN to see if you were here, WMM! I'm sorry your plan didn't work but please don't give up! Change the plan, instead. What went wrong and what can you do differently tonight? Maybe if you put it out here, you'll get some ideas to consider. I promise you it is worth trying until you find exactly what works for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mom congratulations on 7 days, every single day of the week, woo hoo. No looking back now. I know i never want to go back to feeling like i did when i first came on here ashamed, depressed, anxious and afraid. Every day being sober is a good day.

Well in Aus land they have finally realised that 15 people a day die from al related diseases. Now lets see what they will do to act on this statistic. Maybe things are changing slowly but surely. These include injuries, cancer and digestive diseases and heart disease for women. Very interesting study. I will try and find the link when i get to work.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi. I'm a brand new newbie! Just started poking around the site a few days ago and this is my first af day with the goal of one year and beyond! I've been starting and stopping for 2 years now and figure if I'm jealous of those who have long amounts of time under their belts than I should really be one of those. So my plan is checking in here daily, taking l. glutamine which has helped in the past, staying away from drinkers, using hypnosis which I've been doing for weeks now, and focusing on today, not yesterday and not the future. Just today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1688061 wrote: I was checking the NN to see if you were here, WMM! I'm sorry your plan didn't work but please don't give up! Change the plan, instead. What went wrong and what can you do differently tonight? Maybe if you put it out here, you'll get some ideas to consider. I promise you it is worth trying until you find exactly what works for you.
                  What NS said, WMM

:welcome: JA sounds like a great plan. You will find loads of support here
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

whitemarshmom- sorry to hear about your setback but its great you want to start again right away. And welcome Ja, you are in a similar boat to many here including myself...I'm looking to complete AF2 today. So let's start over, get racing and be strong!
                    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ja, Welcome aboard!!!!
                      You sound like you are ready to get this monkey off your back for good!
                      :crazymonkey:

This is a great place to achieve your goals, I am living proof! Settle in and READ, READ, READ and post, post, post! This is not a spectator sport....it's one where audience participation yields the best results!! We are glad you're here!! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

YEAH WAG!!!!! Awesome!

Mom- 7 days is awesome. Those first 7 are so hard. Good job!

JA- Welcome and good plan. I stayed away from drinkers at first. I think it makes it easier if its not in front of your face. I had a lot of people pressuring me to drink and if I wasn't stubborn as a mule I would have drank. Come here daily, you will get encouragement and understanding. We all have a commonality in problems with AL.

STL & WMM- It really helps to add your days up together.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

It was definitely a nice day in the neighborhood, at least around here

CONGRATS on 90 AF days Wag :yay:

Hello & welcome Ja! This IS the place to be!!!

WMM, revise your plan & make the commitment. It's never too late

STL, good luck with the L-Glutamine but don't OD on it (it does have some possible side effects for some of us)

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caved into cravings last night. Very frustrated all day. I didn't even enjoy the alcohol. I much prefer the clarity of sobriety, but I do have physical cravings and I do sometimes feel like something is "missing". The AL sure didn't fill that void, and I did everything I said I didn't want to do - snapped at family, slept like crap and sleepwalked through this busy day. Totally ridiculous. AL is not solving any problem for me, and I like myself better without it. But I find it hard to imagine myself as someone who can't even enjoy a single glass of red wine at dinner - I feel so UN-normal, damaged, flawed - and that bothers me the most (I have plenty of other flaws, but this one sets me apart from almost everyone I know). The fact remains that I don't want to continue this cycle. SO, I need a revised plan to handle the cravings and void and stress and stupid self-image issues (heading back to toolbox as I clearly have quite a list to deal with). I am ready to do this, and it is totally stupid that I go through the painful first week and then, on the brink of success - give in, only to feel no relief.

First part of this plan: remain sober until my 39th birthday in 85 days.
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's a process, Kensho, and you're getting there. This can be the time it clicks. When you decide you're done, you are. And you're getting closer and closer to making that decision. Stick with us and something someone writes may be just what you need to read at that moment to get this done. Don't give up!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Nest:

Kensho - I can't even tell you how angry and ashamed I was with myself that I "let" this happen to me. Fer fecks sake - I'm an intelligent and together person. I know about alcoholism - there's plenty in my family. How could I NOT have seen this coming and done something about it sooner so I could just be NORMAL and enjoy a glass of red wine like everyone else?!?! GRRRRR. The thing is, at a certain point, alcohol takes control - slowly and subtly. We don't even see that switch happen until it has already flipped. And then - we no longer have control. Yes - we can see it happening, yes, we can go 30 days sober to "prove" we're not alcoholics, but in the end that M'f'er has the control. The beauty of realizing and accepting that is that you can learn to not blame yourself, and you can learn to accept that you can't drink. I want to be "normal" and have a glass of wine with dinner. I also want to have a thinner waist, thicker hair and another bathroom in my apartment, but that' ain't happening either. FINALLY accepting that fact and taking the choice off the table has saved me, for sure. I'm sorry that you drank and I know that you are working to learn how to be sober - that will make the difference. Check out the tools, come here if you're tempted, reflect, post, etc. I know you can do this.

Alky posted on another thread about a doco called Lipstick and Liquor. It is a little sensationalist, but I think a good look at women and alcoholism. You can get it free on Amazon Prime, and probably other places as well. You will see women who are happy, content, AND working hard at staying sober. Aren't we lucky that that is our hard work instead of something much, much worse.

Welcome Ja, welcome back WMM and good night everyone!

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X