Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Goodnight all,
    Lav, runningwind, hippychick, Norac, tranq..and to everyone else not mentioned..
    Had a very busy day today.. am working again tonight.. had no AL today.. on to Day 14 tomorrow - or ONE MONTH since I last binged! yay! I hope I can keep this up.. though I've had some 'urges' lately to go and get some wine.. but have managed to talk myself out of it. I want to keep AF for the sake of having a good life.. This is the longest i've been AF since last June.. so feeling great.. this site has definately helped me HEAPS - thank you so much guys for mentioning me in your posts, and "talking" to me on here.. you have helped keep me sane and motivated through this battle!
    See you all tomorrow,
    Katie xx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone,

:welcome: to all the newbies! So glad you have found MWO - you will not regret it - has helped me tremendously.

Went home last night (first night home in 7 days!). Mom is out of the hospital so bro, sis and I are going to take turns spending the night. Really tired - haven't even given a thought to having a drink (didn't want to not think about the AL this way though - oh well - guess we all just have to roll with the punches!)

When you look at all the "birds" in the nest, it is very apparent that there are many different species from many different backgrounds with many different habits. I think the overall goal is that we all want to hang on to the twig and not fall off! AF is hard but it is SOOOO much better than the alternative. Every day gets better and better - we just have to fight the things (triggers I think they are referred to) that lead us back into that black pit of drinking.

I personally love the support here and find it amazing that everyone wants to give back as well. Maybe it's the recognition that we are all in this together. 3 months ago I would have thought I was the only one fighting this battle - now I see that there are many out there just like me.

Hope eveyrone has a safe, AF Tuesday!

Jolie
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fluff,

Welcome back - we missed you! Hope you stick around and don't ever feel like you can't share whatever you are going through with us - I have had my share of slip-ups over the past 3 months but I just keep trudging along. So much better off than I was.

Hope you have a great day!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Enjoying a cup of coffee on this sunny morning - may be the last sunny day for a while, rain is on the way, oh well!

NoraC - sober reading really rocks, doesn't it??

Greetings to runningwind, HC and all who check in today

KatieB, congrats on your 14 AF days, another milestone for you - Yay!

Jolie, good to hear you are well & your Mom is home from the hospital. It is fortunate that your siblings are available to help out with you Mom. I went through all that with my parents alone! My 3 brothers chose to sit on their hands & do absolutely nothing to help out. They did reach their hand out to receive their inheritance though........
          A lot has changed for you in the past 3 months & I'm happy for you

Wishing everyone a terrific Tuesday in the Nest!
          I'm taking the day to do some outlet shopping with my daughter today

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chook's Lament! (haha!)

I called it that,cause I feel like I'm always being woeful....

Wee Chick Number 1 is recuperating from her fevers of the other week, but now has perforated eardrum and on AB's. Wee Chick Number 2 is recovering from Croup and still snotty and grizzly,but seems to be on the mend! I am still full of flu, but okay.

On a bright note, have found a great book about motherhood and Buddhism...is helping lots..the whole 'mindful' thing is great stuff!

Other than that..hmm..not AF,but not too bad! Aware I need to tread carefully at all times.AL is such a crutch..especially right now with all that is going on..so am hoping that I can still overcome it......

Otherwise,life is good..I have my beautiful wee chicks and they love me..therefore everything is right in the world!

hugs to all nesters
            Chook (back when I can):h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all.

With all this talk about going to the movies, i felt like I needed a night off so grabbed my kindle and took myself out for dinner and the movies (avoided the gold lounge with the waitress serving AL). Was nice to get away and not think about anything. Saw Blindside - feel-good movie - nice.

Hi Chook. Good to hear from you. Glad you are still hanging in there. Hope the wee chicks get better soon.

Jolie - I love the give and get from this site. I have never known anything like this and really do appreciate everyone's comments and encouragement. I have a problem with face to face conversation - always been a loner, independant -(that is one reason why AL was so "good" for me - loosened my tongue). So this is ideal for me.

Hi to everyone who popped in or pops in later. I am tired and off to bed.

Seeya tomorrow.
              HC
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2- Thanks so much for welcoming me back! Maybe the fact that spring is around the corner will make this one stick. Winter is so depressing...Have a happy sober, Tuesday and if you're going to bed-like Hippy, and Mazzie have a happy sober night!
                Luv, Fluff
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where's Beagle?
                  Anyone heard?
                  Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Everyone!!! Day 6 for me! I wanted to tell you all how excited I am to be part of this group and how much I appreciate everyone! It really means something to see that so many others are going through the same thing, are willing to share and support - and it feels good to see your name in other posts; it makes this more personal and special!

Thank you for comments Runningwind, Mazzie Violet and Lavande. Hippy Chick - I'm going to look up the Hyland Calms Forte - I can't deal with the stuff that makes you feel fuzzy in the morning.

Runningwind - Living Fuel is a nutritional supplement (go to Living Fuel Super Nutrition Superfood Organic Food Replacement Smoothies ORAC Omega 3 - LivingFuel) - the products are great - kind of pricey but top quality. I'm sure there are others out there as well that are just as good, though.

I hope everyone has a wonderful AF day! Hang in there.

Coco
                    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All! :h

Just checking in. Hippy! -- Glad you enjoyed a movie. If we had those Lounge movie theatres here I wouldn't have missed so many great movies over the years!!!!

Day 10! I've hit double digits! LOL!

Gonna keep myself busy with more home improvement projects today. Working on redoing a stairwell, so I have to poly all of the new treads before the weekend... a job I am not looking forward to -- but once I am into it, it will be good "therapy."

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2!!!!!! Yay me! Fluff and Happy!!!
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Byrdie! We can do this together-!
                          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love that Hippy Chick, at the moment I got your post, I was just fixing to log out for the night, perfect timing. Now Sleep well, I'am a little slow catching on, that your on the other side of the world. :blush: runningwind
                            The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!!! I was able to read all of your posts and each one hit a chord with me. I wish that I had time comment on each one but I don't. I've got to get ready for work.
                              Violet - I do have to tell you that I laughed at the double digit remark. My great niece is going to have her double digit birthday this month and she is so excited too!! :H So, when I read your double digit comment, it made me smile. Thank you.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!! I am so grateful for you all. Coffee is on...Diet Coke is in the fridge and bagels are out. Enjoy.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks: Coco-Nut, for the imformation. I'am really happy that things are gong so well for you! runningwind:l
                                The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Working...
                                X