Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'll take the diet coke and the bagel Have a great day NormaC. runningwind
    The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Birdies......
      Glad to see everyone is doing well.........
      I am here for all of you...at work...gotta run
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! I hope yall are well rested and ready for a good day. I think Spring has arrived here in Texas. I have my windows open and the birds are having such a good time, that the new leaves are actually falling! I wonder what they are doing up there? :H Yall have a good one, runningwind
        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dwell in the Possibilities

Hi Everyone

Okay so here is my realization today

Looking back I must say I was disappointed and feeling a little lost about caving in the month February. But then I counted up all the days I actually drank that month and it was 5.
          Holy crap in a basket! :shocked: I haven't drank that scarcely in decades! So then I was overwhelmed with hope and pride with myself. Sure I caved, got drunk and was severely hung but I did it 5 times in a month not 15.

My MARCH PLAN - Well AF March is not possible as I have already had 2 days AL (one night was 3 beers and 10 glasses of water so pretty happy about that). So.....

Goal: 4 AL days or less for this month.
          I have drank 2 days in March so far so I really need to work hard to keep it under 5. Ideally staying AF the rest of the month would be great and I will try, but if I can achieve 4 or less AL days then that will also be a success.

THEN Maybe April will be 3 days or less. Eventually I will be free!!!!!

I can't believe how happy I am since I counted up the AL days I had and in the BIG picture that's pretty damn amazing for me.:thumbs:

If that helps anyone who's feeling down about caving on the weekend or in March or before that. Maybe do a little history on yourself. Compare Feb, Jan, or last year or the last decade to how you have been doing this month. If you are improving in little steps you are still improving and getting stronger.

I feel after looking at my history... that I am getting there, I am going to get there.

Mama Bear,
          "I love my family more than alcohol." Perfect. I shall repeat that to myself daily. I know it's a given but when you say it out loud when cravings hit it sends a big message to the beast.

I have been off the MWO site for a few days. So I hope EVERYONE has a great AF week. Looks like some newbies have found a twig. Great!!!

:hallo: Meech AF3

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fluff!

So glad you are back. We are always here for you so keep connected with us no matter what!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi fluff, byrdlady, coco

well done, I'm day 2 too! yay, keep up the good work, be strong
              :wings:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Meech well done

It's great to have a plan, and you sound like you're really on top of it. great job. am still trying to pic up from my guilt trip but you have inspired me to move on today, thanks for that
                :wings:

Comment

Newbies Nest

you can do it zbeam.....
                  bravo meech...glad you like my tag...I think I stole it from K9!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Zbeam,

I am the queen of guilt. And I was being swallowed up in it until I took a step back and put as much effort into my little steps forward. Good job on AF2. Keep strong know your triggers and try to avoid them or distract yourself.

I'm glad I can inspire as MWO friends have inspired me soooo much and are responsible for the many "little steps" I've made on my journey to be alcohol free!

Good job let's work on today, because today is what counts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

The cocktail hour

Ah that bewitching 4 o'clock....I really struggle thru this time. It's funny how 2 and a half hours in your day can really ruin your life. I'm so glad there are 4 of us on day 2!!! I am in good wings I think. Will check in later! xo:thanks:
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

Wow so much has been happening in the nest since yesterday. I haven't got time to catch up now as I start work early today. Got a temp in for the next 3 days as my usual partner in crime is away. That's always interesting!!! I usually feel quite 'jangly' by the end of my time with the temp.

Wednesday morning here and day 11 for me Yay! Feeling so much better and don't want to spoil this.

It is a georgeous day outside, one of those days when you feel like you can reach out and touch the sun. Everything is crisp and clean after the rain and bright and sunny.

Enjoy your day/night everyone. Talk some more soon.
                        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                          It does look to have been busy in the nest last night.. I also have to start work soon.. on Day 14 today.. welcome back to those that are back, and welcome to any newbies!
                          Good luck and hope everyone has a FAB AF day today!~!
                          Katie xx
                          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Katie...I am so proud of how enthusiastic and happy you sound....seems just a few weeks ago you were sad and miserable....Bravo!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

well i found it mama bear.... hello everyone x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tictak......are you ok????

Comment

Working...