• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fail

Comment

Newbies Nest

WMM i am sorry you failed. It does take 100% dedication and commitment to stop drinking but any day sober is a good day. What happened? Why did you buy al?
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

well Day 1 so far for me. But, I have to say I'm craving a little something before bed....

I stopped taking the anx meds a few days ago because I was worried about not only the reaction to the drugs with AL, but also the 'addiction' to those. Funny ain't it? Ironic...I mean.

I've been trying to keep my hands busy, and the last 2 day one's I didn't have cravings like this??

I even went out and swept the back porch about 45 minutes ago to just keep from drinking. I'm too wound up to go to bed right now. I'll eat something else I guess, but again...didn't have these cravings the first couple times.

Ughhh...

Love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Everyone is different Sarah in their cravings and withdrawals, the trick is to keep occupied and if that means cleaning then so be it. Day 2 is not far away and you dont need to find an excuse to drink, at the end of the day it is your choice to not drink. We are your support network but no one but yourself can pour the al down your throat if you choose to.

Keep going Sarah you can do this. yes i poured al down my throat while worried about taking other drugs but that is how our al brain works. It wants to be fed so will tell us anything in order for us to drink.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava- if I could I would vacuum the whole house, but hubby is asleep. LOL. Maybe I will clean the kitchen 'again'. sigh.....shit I really need to unwind...

Comment

Newbies Nest

have a bath and listen to the bubble hour. listen to some music on your headphones, read a book. distracting yourself is what you need to do. who needs a vacuum cleaner, cant you pick lint out by hand ha ha.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just unloaded the dishwasher....I feel like I can't breathe. I really don't want to take any of the anx meds if I don't have too..

It's not just AL I'm thinking of, but many family things- so anx is high. Maybe one glass of wine? just to calm my breathing? or should I take an anx med? Or what? HELP!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Its hard to get through issues sober but that is what "normal' people do. Wine will not solve anything Sarah, you know that. If i had a choice i would take the anxiety med. i took xanax for about a week when i stopped drinking as my anxiety was through the roof but everyone is different. No wine please

Comment

Newbies Nest

I took a 1/2 of the Klopopin cause that was my thought too. I'll be tired here shortly...thanks Ava. Thankfully I did wait for you post before I did anything stupid.

Love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

WWM, dont stop trying, being upset that you failed is good, shows determination. you can do it!

sarah, you may be more anxious this time because the al voice is saying 'what? you mean it?' and its kicking your shins. if you need meds to get you over the first few days, take them, youre not addicted to those. dont take a 'little glass of wine', youre addicted to that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

its been a bitch logging on. i do hope that day 2 wil be better for you sarah, at the end of the day we all have faith in you but we will all be very proud for you to succeed with being af. Life is too short to spend talking about stopping drinking and you will see the benefits of being af. I hope you are okay

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Celebrating my first 30 days AF in more than 30 years, right here in the Nest! Feel like a kid waiting for Santa at the prospect of greeting the Prize Patrol. If I were JackieClaire, I'd post a pic of the cookies and chocolate I've set out for Byrdie, as there are lots of milestones today, so she'll need extra energy.

Happy, Happy, Happy,
                          Pie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Pie! Your Christmas analogy made me smile. There are so many good things down this road we are on!
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

hope you like spinach and goats cheese, pie.......

or maybe something sweet...

well done pie!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

CONGRATS on 30 AF days pie :yay: :wd:
                                Keep going, it gets easier now!

WMM, why?
                                What are you going to do differently today? Please keep trying & don't make this process any harder for yourself!

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday. Keep yourselves busy & safe

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X