Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Allan, do you realize you are 3 weeks shy of 2 YEARS????? That's nuts! Look at you!
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho my first 30 days are just a blur, memory wise. I was so tired. Plain worn out from partying. Partying. What a misnomer. Drinking until I couldn't drink anymore. The list is great. I have many of the same reasons on my list.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters,
        Sadly, I let my addiction have a piece of me, then it took all of me. Please don't ever think addiction is something to control. It will control you. The past two weeks were the worst weeks of my sober summer. I'm going to be posting here in the nest, hopefully we can support each other. I certainly need it. I'm a newbie again, and I want to count my days from today until the day I leave this earth. So thanks in advance for your encouragement.

Byrdie, congrats on your 1300! You've helped so many people out of the throes of addiction and your place here in the nest is so invaluable. Thank you.

Hoping C, I'm picking myself back up. Let's go. I had a very similar situation that you had, but I passed out and knocked out both my front teeth while on vacation a few years ago...after I decided I should moderate. Ended up in the ER. I know if I drink, I'll get back to those accidents that will eventually happen. It's inevitable. Me + Drinking equals disaster in so many ways.

Kensho, great lists. I enjoyed reading them and could relate so much. Now it's time to rebuild those great things.

Soft Focus, congrats on your 30!

Have a great night.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Soft Focus - CONGRATS on your 30 AF days :wd:
          Hold on tight to them & keep moving forward!

Kensho, focus on today & doing the best you can do today. Honestly, worrying about when you are going to feel better won't make it happen any sooner. We all heal at different rates, give it a little time & take care of yourself today

j-vo, sorry to hear you decided to drink again.
          Glad you are back with that lesson learned & tucked away for future reference. You know what you need to do!

Sending wishes to all for a safe night in the nest!!!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jVo so sorry to hear your situation - you can do this and you have made a great decision to stick around the nest. You are back here and that's what is most important. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

RIP, Robin Williams. Hard to believe that someone so successful could suffer from the same demons we do. I HATE ADDICTION! Get yourself free of this beast and dont look back! Just tragic! B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Heartbroken over Robin Williams. What a great man and talented actor. RIP.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My Baby

When I first had my daughter She was so fragile. And tiny. I actually guarded her with my life. Never letting her out of my sight. She was so small I didn't give her a full on bath until after the first month. It was a 24 hour vigilence.
                  At about 6 weeks I started feeling a little more confident and I started to sleep a little. This confidence increased again around 6 months, and again at 9 months. At 13 months she began to walk and talk....
                  And so time passed.
                  Now she is a 30 year old woman, strong and independant.
                  I still call to check on her everyday. To see if she is ok.
                  Do you need anything, I ask.
                  As a small infant she was ill with a slightcold at about 3 months. I became afraid she was unable to breath. So we loaded up and went to the ER where they laughed at me.
                  But I was reassured. I always had an emergency plan. Fever? Tylenol. Teething? Orajel.
                  And as with all babies she fussed and cried when things weren't right with her world. Sometimes she even screamed bloody murder.
                  Everyone knows that frantic, top of the lungs baby scream that you would do anything humanly possible to stop.
                  My quit is my baby.
                  In the early days I watched over it and cared for it as a new infant. I was terrified. It was so new. Time passed one day at a time. 6 weeks. I began to feel confident. 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, as each milestone passed, so my quit grew and became stronger. I am now at 16 months and it is just finding its feet.
                  I still watch over it and guide it carefully. It's my baby. To me my quit is my life.
                  Sometimes my quit fusses and cries. I know this is my addictive voice.
                  I use reading and posting here on MWO like I use to use bottles and clean diapers to stop the fusses. And rocking and comforting can be compared to healthy diet and exercising.
                  All of this care and yet there are still times my quit screams bloody murder.
                  This is where my 911 emergency plans comes in.
                  My 911 plan
                  1. Post drinking thoughts and wait for reply before drinking.
                  2. A list of people to e-mail, text, or call. Several MWO members on that list.
                  3. Get into the car immediatly and drive to daughters. Or DEMAND she come to my house immediately.
                  I am dedicated to raising my quit to a healthy adult, but I will always check on it daily.
                  Do you need anything?
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1

renewal;520252 wrote: Welcome one and all...we are pleased to have you here as one of our family. We offer a home where you can 'nestle in' and feel safe as we help support one another in our journey together. I encourage you to visit each and every day and stay 'plugged in' to us throughout. We are in this together and benefit most by helping one another and ourselves by sharing our experiences. There's plenty of room here in the nest, so feel free to bring a friend. Should it become crowded, I'll go out and get more twigs.
                    Renewal
                    Feels good to be back. Horrible lessons learned. Sobriety or death.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new and I'm lost??...

I keep trying to post and I keep messing up?..
                      :new:
                      I keep typing my story but can't get it published cause I'm lost??
                      I found this site by accident, searching for Kudzu. However, I think this sight is awesome. I am a heavy drinker?been so for 30+ year. Kudzu didn't work so well?.
                      Growing up in MASS it was the norm to just DRINK. Been thru a lot?so say the least?..I'm 51, I lost my husband 7 years ago to cancer?.our daughter was 8 at the time?.I'm raising a bi-polar II daughter with ADHD and ODD?and an almost genius IQ?.not to mention both parents are alcoholics?..I was diagnosed with fatty liver 2-3 years ago and it scares me. After reading a lot of information on this site, I am thinking of asking for Sinclair Method -- Naltrexone --- any thoughts?

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1692320 wrote: When I first had my daughter She was so fragile. And tiny. I actually guarded her with my life. Never letting her out of my sight. She was so small I didn't give her a full on bath until after the first month. It was a 24 hour vigilence.
                        At about 6 weeks I started feeling a little more confident and I started to sleep a little. This confidence increased again around 6 months, and again at 9 months. At 13 months she began to walk and talk....
                        And so time passed.
                        Now she is a 30 year old woman, strong and independant.
                        I still call to check on her everyday. To see if she is ok.
                        Do you need anything, I ask.
                        As a small infant she was ill with a slightcold at about 3 months. I became afraid she was unable to breath. So we loaded up and went to the ER where they laughed at me.
                        But I was reassured. I always had an emergency plan. Fever? Tylenol. Teething? Orajel.
                        And as with all babies she fussed and cried when things weren't right with her world. Sometimes she even screamed bloody murder.
                        Everyone knows that frantic, top of the lungs baby scream that you would do anything humanly possible to stop.
                        My quit is my baby.
                        In the early days I watched over it and cared for it as a new infant. I was terrified. It was so new. Time passed one day at a time. 6 weeks. I began to feel confident. 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, as each milestone passed, so my quit grew and became stronger. I am now at 16 months and it is just finding its feet.
                        I still watch over it and guide it carefully. It's my baby. To me my quit is my life.

Sometimes my quit fusses and cries. I know this is my addictive voice.
                        I use reading and posting here on MWO like I use to use bottles and clean diapers to stop the fusses. And rocking and comforting can be compared to healthy diet and exercising.
                        All of this care and yet there are still times my quit screams bloody murder.
                        This is where my 911 emergency plans comes in.
                        My 911 plan
                        1. Post drinking thoughts and wait for reply before drinking.
                        2. A list of people to e-mail, text, or call. Several MWO members on that list.
                        3. Get into the car immediatly and drive to daughters. Or DEMAND she come to my house immediately.
                        I am dedicated to raising my quit to a healthy adult, but I will always check on it daily.
                        Do you need anything?
                        LB, I think this is such a great way to look at our situation.

We don't ever quit caring for and about our children and we need to "parent" our sobriety for life, also. Fortunately, just like with kids, the rewards far, far more than offset the challenges .

Comment

Newbies Nest

lulu62;1692335 wrote: I keep trying to post and I keep messing up?..
                          :new:
                          I keep typing my story but can't get it published cause I'm lost??
                          I found this site by accident, searching for Kudzu. However, I think this sight is awesome. I am a heavy drinker?been so for 30+ year. Kudzu didn't work so well?.
                          Growing up in MASS it was the norm to just DRINK. Been thru a lot?so say the least?..I'm 51, I lost my husband 7 years ago to cancer?.our daughter was 8 at the time?.I'm raising a bi-polar II daughter with ADHD and ODD?and an almost genius IQ?.not to mention both parents are alcoholics?..I was diagnosed with fatty liver 2-3 years ago and it scares me. After reading a lot of information on this site, I am thinking of asking for Sinclair Method -- Naltrexone --- any thoughts?
                          Hi Lulu. Welcome.

Here is a link to our medications forum Topamax, Campral, Baclofen and Other Medications - My Way Out Forums

There are some Sinclair method and Naltrexone threads posted there, but you may have to dig deep to find them. I will 'dob in' another member called Youkaybee who has had lengthy experience with these meds so you may benefit from reading her posts. Message her or put her name in the search function for her threads/posts.

Great to see you here. Keep reading and posting if your comfortable. You can do this.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi??????????.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you!!!!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lulu, you're welcome.

Here is a link to our toolbox. Lot's of essential reading that you will likely find very useful. Click on the link below.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X