Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yes mama.... apart from the drink of course

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just stopping by to say goodnight guys!
      Nice to see lots of positive chat going on here.... ODAT
      Wishing you all a peaceful and sober evening eace:
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi tictak..
        Thanks Mamabear.. I am feeling much more positive.. its made a big difference having AL out of my life.. nothing to cringe about or beat myself up about.. as ive not sent any drunken texts or made any embarrassing phone calls.. and I dont feel guilty about my son.. I used to feel so bad for putting AL before him.. not all the time,but sometimes.. that was enough.
        I hope i can keep doing this.. at times I feel so lonely.. but I will keep trying!!
        Katie
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi katie
          Im trying to keep off the internet because that makes me drink as well.... going on a chat site is like being in a social situation

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All --
            Just checking in. Didn't quite get all I planned to done today. In fact didn't do much of anything except pick up a bit and spend money online (sober, none the less!!!! Used to be buzzed! LOL) Depression kicking in a bit I am afraid. It's a major trigger.
            Trying not to eat. Suddenly wanting to do that as well. And MAJOR cravings. 10 days out --and now harder than ever. HHHMMMMMMmmmmmm.......No supps here yet either...
            BUT I am hanging in there. Not running to the store or calling the husband to stop on the way home. That is a long way off. Just not feeling so hot. Guess it is all part of the process.
            I look forward to working 12 hours tomorrow. Keeps me focused. ODAT.
            Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh yes violet,i just want to work work work,keep myself occupied

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Violet.. i'm a nurse too btw..
                Can anyone tell me what ODAT means? thanks..
                tickak - can you grab yourself a coffee or tea to have a chat? i know what you mean though.. i always had to have drink before even phoning anyone!
                take care all
                Katie xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

One Day at a Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!11
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep katie,teas my next addiction... lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks MB - I think I will start using that abbreviation now I know what it means!
                      lol... ODAT! well done on day 11..
                      tictak - tea is not a bad thing to be addicted to! if you get into green tea, or other asian or herbal teas, that will give your body a good cleansing!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

4 pages of posts today??????? I think this is the busiest I've ever seen the nest - but that's a very good thing

Hello & welcome to zbeams & Tictak! Very nice to have you both here with us. Find yourselves a comfy twig & settle right in

Chook, hope you & your girls feel better very soon! Goodness, you do have a lot going on right now!
                        We did hear from Beagle once, a week or so ago........sounded like she was having a lot of problems. I hope she comes back again soon.

HC, this is a good environment for all of us Glad you got out to enjoy a movie. I don't even remember how many years it's been since I've actually gone to a movie theater......long story.

Byrdlady & Fluff - I trust you are hanging in on day 2!!

Coco-nut, Violet, runningwind, NoraC, Mama Bear, Mazzie, KatieB, your AF days are piling up as well - wonderful!!

Meech, I'm glad to hear you are making progress too. We all have to do things our own way & in our own time! Keep moving forward, you won't be sorry

Had a great day myself - went outlet shopping with my daughter for spring clothes. We made an unplanned stop & looked at some new home models. My daughter & her husband are hoping to be ready to build a new home in about 2 years - it was fun

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest & a great day to our fledglings in Oz.
                        63 degrees today Tranq - nice!!

The night light is on.....
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Seeking Calm
                          Is today your first day? Don't stress yourself about this program and these forums. There is always someone online to talk with you.
                          Today is my day 2 AF, I'm using the Kudzu and shocked that I have no desire for a drink!
                          Good lick and keep posting!
                          :welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nite NIte Babies
                            just home from dinner with family, cat is purring on couch beside me,sober and calm....
                            2nd day on Topa....will keep you all posted
                            smooches from getting warmer florida!!
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok. Doing better. Got through dinner, violin practicing and getting the girls into their beds...usually a very difficult process. But done and getting easier without AL. I'm exhausted. Think I'm gonna curl up in bed and watch some low quality television shows!!! Husband is on his way home from work...sadly I am hoping to be asleep by the time he comes up...
                              Hope you are all having wonderful evenings/mornings!
                              I may not check in tomorrow -- working 12 hr-- so it is harder to get online but I will definitely be here Thursday!

Nite all!

Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.

My day off (yay) so just been to the gym and feeling wonderful!

Meech - I love the way you have turned out what could be a negative - days spent drinking - into a positive. It is a great idea to focus on the sober days in the month instead of dwelling on the few slip ups. Well done.

Hi and welcome Zbeam and Tictak. Glad you have found us. Visit us often, we're a friendly bunch who know what drove you here.

Well done Happyladynow.

Violet - have you been to your doctor about the depression? I have just started taking Amoryn (thanks to a suggestion from Lav and Tranq) which is a natural anti-depressant. Might be worth a go. I was very surprised when my depression re-surfaced after I had stopped drinking as I thought AL was the depressant, not sobriety! Dont let it spiral out of control as it is one thing that will lead you back to the bottle.

Last night when I went out on my time out night, I treated myself to dinner. There was two people trying to order food but it was obvious that they were smashed. Couldnt stand up straight and talking crap. It was a real eye opener for me as that could have been me before. To see that thru sober eyes was really enlightening. I wonder if that is how people saw me (I wouldnt have known as I would have been in a blackout!). Thank goodness those days are OVER!

Anyway going to find something exciting to do on my day off so take care everyone. Stay strong.

Hippy Chick
                                I finally got it!
                                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                                X