Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Almost, but not quite tomorrow, okoren. I started counting after my first 24 hours AF which makes my "yay time" 7pm my time. I have no idea why I decided that, maybe just 'cause I was at it all day before, but it's wound up being kind of nice - it's been giving me a neat boost at night. So tomorrow at 7pm, Day 6 is up and then the next day at 7 it'll be a week. o/

I'm going to be through the roof, I'm not entirely sure the last time I was AF that long; my other quits I had a bad habit of sneaking drinks and deciding they "didn't count." Not this time!
    I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
    AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters,

Starting the day off with sunshine & cooler temps - nice

LavB, you are getting the job done, great

Petrel, Monday mornings certainly are a lot less painful without a hang over!!!
      Something to be grateful for along with so many other positives!

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a terrific AF Monday for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, all!
        Same funky weather in the Southern part of the nest, too, Lav...
        Hope everyone has an easy, AF day! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday Nest! I can feel the seasons changing this morning. There's a briskness in the air and the light is moving in the sky. Kids to school - my littlest one starts kindergarden. And I have reached lucky no. 13. Looking forward to another day AF, I will not drink today. Focus on something positive today everyone!
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning!

Back from a busy weekend at a soccer tourney and hardly had a thought about wine. During the long car ride back, I realized that staying busy (at least in the early days) and making a plan to handle the urge to drink when it kicks in (and knowing that it will!), I can be successful this time around.

I tend to be a shy/introverted person (probably with some social anxiety), so I almost always drink before I go out socially. However, this weekend spent with great people made me realize that I am also very lonely - also a reason that I drink. Not sure how to reconcile the two. Working from home does not help my feeling of isolation, so I'm hoping to change my job situation.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back from a pretty good camping trip with family.. Ready for day 1 Again! How is everyone?

Comment

Newbies Nest

WWM, I'm sorry you drank, but glad you are back! Do you have a solid plan?
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1694290 wrote: It is great that you're back, MS. Congratulations on your 2 AF weeks! So it must have been an AF vacation. Was that hard or was it good to be out of your normal environment?

Eloise had headaches for quite awhile after she quit and started a thread about it. Maybe some of what she found could help you.

Keep doing what you've been doing- it's working !
                  Day 17 today! Wow. This is a record for me.

To answer your question, YES... it was soooo difficult to abstain from AL during a two week long vacation. Especially while eating in a lot of great restaurants with wine flowing all around. I allowed my husband to drink because he usually has only one beer (or Panach?) so it doesn't bother me, but he did say he would abstain if it bothered me. But it didn't, so that was no big deal. I found that the AL cravings and crabbiness came at the beginning of the meal... ordering water instead of wine was NOT FUN. But after a plate of wonderful Italian or French food... I was satisfied and very happy that I could savor the taste and REMEMBER it all. This goes along with what many of you say... when you get a craving, EAT! The one thing I did overdo while on vacation was sugar, and I think that was part of the reason for my crabbiness (sugar crashes). My husband started calling me Grumpy Cat (in the most loving way, LOL). Starting this week we are both on a low sugar/low carb diet so I hope that helps with some of my Grumpy Cat syndrome.

I still have a long road ahead of me, but I'm happy with where I am today. In a little over two weeks I have become more organized, more thoughtful, nicer (seriously!) and thinking more about the future. For those of you who know me already, you know that I suffer from depression so thinking about the future usually does NOT happen. I'm working on making myself think that by abstaining from AL, I'm really helping myself both mind and body. Of course I knew this already, but, now I'm actually putting this into practice.

Stay strong today, all of you. Everyday you say "NO" leads to a much better life!

Much love and strength to you all today. :l
                  Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1694294 wrote: How did I miss this? GREAT job!!!!
                    :moon: :moon:

2 weeks is totally amazing! So proud of you! :l. B
                    Thank you! Really, thank you! Your posts (and the posts of many others) helped to get me to where I am today. I'm eternally grateful. :l
                    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

The plan is 1.) not to buy any AL... 2.) read and post, read and post 3.) Football practice is tonight.. AF is gonna feel great !

You all are an inspiration! I got day 1 done the week before, didnt over do it on the camp trip, made sure i ate.. Imma gonna do it again! Stay strong!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Back at it...Day 1. Ouch.
                        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

me too Fin, lets do this together

Comment

Newbies Nest

Best wishes to those starting again this week...and to those still fighting the good fight.
                            “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

whitemarshmom;1694845 wrote: me too Fin, lets do this together
                              Deal.
                              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1694844 wrote: Hi everyone. Back at it...Day 1. Ouch.
                                It does hurt to start over but it hurts more to stay trapped in the agony of being an addicted drinker, right? Really feel this pain today - and REMEMBER it! Maybe write down in excrutiating detail what brought you to the point of signing on to MWO again to give this another try. Our brains are masterful at forgetting the "bad stuff" and romanticizing whatever we perceive as "good" about drinking. So do what it takes not to let yourself forget.

And the fact is, there is nothing
                                good about drinking a poison for anyone - but especially for those of us who became addicted. Remember how bad alcohol tasted the first time you tried a sip (i.e. before you had a chance to feel the buzz or blur or whatever you were going for)? The fact is, it tastes like crap to most people the first time it is in their mouths. We learned
                                to like it (rather, it's effects , which made us convince ourselves that we appreciated the taste).

So glad you came back, Fin, and you, too, WMM.

Comment

Working...
                                X