Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

artsymom;1695790 wrote: A general question-- does everybody have a problem getting logged off really quickly or do I just take too long to finish what I'm doing?
    Yes! This was happening to me until I finally checked the "keep logged in" check box the last time I logged in. Now it's all good...
    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

And to clarify, I'd actually rather be out at Fest sober, I just never saw that as an option before. Drinking I always spent more than I planned and was forever having to sit in the shade so I didn't pass out. Last time I did go was awful - I didn't even have my corset fully laced, and I was trying to drink moderately. Wound up having to leave early because I passed out from heat exhaustion and I think probably withdrawals and generally beat up body. I was so mad at myself for missing out on what should have been a fun day PLUS ruining it for my two girlfriends who had made a special trip to come out with me. When I do get back out I want to be able to actually enjoy myself, dammit.
      I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
      AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are more than welcome, STL. And you are doing an AMAZING job with your quit. I am really in awe of your work!
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Star. The more I am away from AL now, the more I am afraid of it. What it could do to me or to any of us if we let it creep back in and take control (even more afraid than of that new Google self-driving car project, which horrifies me BTW).
          “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

See the Light;1695849 wrote: even more afraid than of that new Google self-driving car project, which horrifies me BTW).
            What an analogy, STL....once we let Al back in, then we become exactly like those blasted self-driving cars...controlled by something other than ourselves. In fact, the self-driving cars probably have "one up on us"...at least they aren't being driven by lizard brains, like we are after the relapse. And the cars are capable of stopping. But us? Not so much :upset:

I HATE ALCOHOL!!!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Fin, for solving the log-in mystery (not so mysterious now that I know the answer lol)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where is eva body tonight?
                Wishing everyone a cozy, AF night! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, I'm renaissance geek myself. I used to belong to a sword fighting re-enactment group. I haven't been this year either. I love it and will return as a sober spectator at some point. Huzzah!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Lots of folks checked in here today - nice
                    Keep fighting everyone, you have everything to gain & nothing to regret

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where is eva body tonight?*
                      Wishing everyone a cozy, AF night! B
                      Good evening Byrd~It is kinda quiet tonight! All is well here in the great state of Tx. I have been meaning to tell you how much I appreciate your words wisdom and kind words. It is nice to have people with time under there belt trolling with us newbies, ready to help!

Thy will be done, Not mine!
                      AF 8/5/14
                      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4 in the books. No real cravings today, but yesterday was another story. I did get over it. Always, too much stress at work. Got to figure a way out of there.
                        Keep up the good work everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, hello! FIN I love to hear how your interaction with your kids is more positive! I love that about not drinking.

Thank you Star, WMM, Roxanne for thoughts on the concert. I'm not sure whats going on there yet.

I got so wrapped up in work this afternoon that I didn't eat enough. Went to a 4-7 meeting and left famished. Drive home was a repeat of a few nights ago, AL brain was telling me that a drink would solve it. I called someone and distracted with a phone call the entire way home. Then I ate like there was no tomorrow and I feel much better. I need to find a way to store ice cream in my car (or just eat enough...)

I'm still grappling with the notion of forever, which is something I need to sort out. I am told that some distance and AF time will make it all the more clear how bad my drinking behavior actually was. Though I still crave frequently and sometimes it's really strong, I feel I am building the "muscle", as some call it, to fend them off. It's only been two weeks (feels like a very long time!) and so much about my life has changed - yet nothing unbearable. When I first came here, it was from googling "how to stop drinking" one morning. At that point, I still never dreamed that I would be telling my mom and brother in law and friends and husband that I am not drinking. BUT I still can't bring myself to say "I don't drink". Once I say that I will mean forever. Not sure how I can get to that point.

But, made it through today, and I can say that for tomorrow, I will not drink, NO MATTER WHAT. I am grateful to be sober. Good night friends.
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've just been quiet with a new audiobook and puttering about cleaning my spare room up a bit. I'm going easy on myself as best I can, but let's just say I have a LOT of "I should sort that stuff and toss things" projects that were put off til I "had one more drink in me."

On the plus side, I found some jewelry that I'd been looking for over the last few years. I knew I had it somewhere but - big surprise - couldn't remember what box I had it in. One of the pieces was very special to me, as well. I bought it for myself when I was still in my late teens as a reminder to me that I can always take care of my own heart. Seems fitting that I lost it after my last relapse and randomly found it now.

STL: I read through that relapse thread the other day and yeah, it's an eye opener. I think I'll be going back to it more than once.

Cherokeer: Huzzah for another fest geek, yes!!! I never did any sword fighting myself, but I had friends who did - I'm in awe of the choreography and skill that takes to do well. I think I'll enjoy it much more out there when I'm not trying to balance cramming drinks down my throat with whether I've eaten enough that day and how likely I am to get dehydrated.

Kensho: I've had to rearrange my eating habits, as well. So glad you made it through the day, though! I really appreciate that you share so much on here, by the way. A lot of your talk about focusing on "I will not drink today" has really helped me in the moment when I think "I'm not sure how to do this sober."
                            I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                            AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Crept downstairs in the small hours and slipped on the stairs. Fell on my wifi router and broke it. Stone cold sober. Now I'm using a public computer with people looking over my shoulder. Since when was it acceptable to bring a bunch of noisy kids into a library computer room?
                              ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys I am new to this community, I hope I am welcome I am an alcoholic and also I am addicted to opioid. I really want to get out of this mess already. I hope to find the support that I need here.

Comment

Working...
                                X