Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi guys I am new to this community, I hope I am welcome I am an alcoholic and also I am addicted to opioid. I really want to get out of this mess already. I hope to find the support that I need here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome CCaples08, this is the place to be. Nestle in and let the healing begin.

Kensho, when I first stopped, forever seemed overwhelming. So I decided to just focus on day by day then week by week and now I will never drink again. But I think one, it's a process and two, I think it takes a few weeks to get over "Brain Haze" and start getting back to yourself.

Lavender, I never drank during Ren Faire with the exception of last year. Which I dressed mundane so I was good. We (the re-enactors) only drank after it closed for patrons. Wearing a bone corset, I would hit the ground if I drank. But there are most who drink, drink, and drink some more. These days I mostly stay away from the drinking folks. Drunk people are so damn annoying, who knew.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here I am just being accountable and admitting my denial?.I have been through this several times before yet how did I conveniently "forget" that the only way this will work is to get all the wine out of the house???? How is that possible????? So, tomorrow I bring my mother, aunt and uncle to maine. I am telling DH to remove all remnants of wine from the house while I am gone?.upon my return, I will be completely ready because the real me really wants this to happen. Its time for me to take back the control and enjoy life again
        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Jenni,

That would be good of your hubby to clear out the wine. Though you might enjoy dumping it yourself?

Pie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

The usual heat & humidity of August has returned. I was really enjoying the cooler temps, oh well

Daevid, geez, sorry about the fall! Glad it was only the router that suffered damage

Hello & welcome CC!
            Glad you found us & decided to join in. Please take some time to look thru the Tool Box for some great ideas to help you put your plan together. Do you have access to a doctor if needed?
            Stick around & let us know how you are doing.

Jenni, wishing you the best. You already know what you need to do!

Greetings to everyone. Sending wishes for a great AF Thursday for one & all.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!!
              I read here each and every day and learn so much from the conversations, what everyone is going through. I am back on day 9 after 8 months of constant relapse. I feel frustrated today because though I KNOW I am on the right path and I KNOW what I have to do to stay sober and ride out the urges/cravings, the f****** voice won't leave me alone. It's been about an hour and 30 minutes (it's 145pm here) and I've been reading here, eating and drinking loads, sitting out on the balcony in the sun, resting, practising mindfulness, focussing on the kids, stretching, telling myself, "I Don't drink!! I just want to get through today. It's crazy that when the middle part of mind is craving, ALL logic is thrown out the window. In the past, when the cravings are too tough to handle, I've just ignored everyone here and gone on with what I "want" to do--I felt myself heading in that direction today--mentally blocking, not wanting to think of the consequences. It pisses me off after having been here for 3 years!! But it is WORK these first weeks especially. No instant gratification. I'm feeling better now. Thank you all for sharing so much of yourselves. This is such a supportive place...:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

ccaples welcome! You will need to get a plan in place for how you are going to handle cravings, urges etc. there is a toolbox thread that is very helpful https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html and if you read a lot here it is incredibly helpful and post too - there are so many here who are going through the same thing and the support here is incredible.

Kensho I have the same issue with forever so I just don't even bother telling myself or anyone else that. I take it day by day - I know I'm not drinking today and that's all I worry about for now. And, I too can't bring myself to say "I don't drink" - not sure when I'll be able to do that but I'm only ~6 months in and I'm not doing anything I'm not comfortable with. If "I don't drink" is too hard to say or think about since it is so permanent, then I'm taking it one day at a time and just saying no thanks when it's offered. If someone asks, (which after the first couple of times, I have found that practically noone does) I just don't feel like having any today. It may be somewhat of a cop out but I don't care - it's working for me. You may have more social events than I do but I am finding that there aren't that many occasions where it comes up. So that helps.

Daevid that is funny about nosy kids :H

Hello all and have a great day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange I know this is tough - it is so great that you posted! You do know better and it sounds like you are doing great things to get through this. Can you take the kids for a walk or get a change of scenery somehow? The cravings will pass - and you will certainly be upset with yourself if you give in to those thoughts! Hang in there you can do this! Also, remember and don't ever forget what alcohol did to you that brought you here. You don't need that negativity in your life. It is poison, it is bad for you, it makes you someone you do not want to be - you will never regret not drinking but you will surely regret it if you do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wish I could put down TWO mood smilies

Day 4 and feeling great! Don't worry that my "stressed" smilie is due to AL. It's because I absolutely have to get a resume and cover letter out by tomorrow and, after 12 years in the same job, it's just so hard to make everything you did for 12 years seem fascinating. Making it worse is that I really, really would love the job. Making it even worse is that it has to be submitted electronically, so once you hit that "submit" button, it's there. So, alternating reading tips on here with reading tips for "great resumes" lol. Actually, it is the kind of thing I would 'till now be doing with a glass of wine (or two) by my side. Nothing in the house, though, and I am so determined to get this done I won't be going out. So, although stressed out, I need a smilie for "determined."

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1696141 wrote: Hello Nesters!!
                      I read here each and every day and learn so much from the conversations, what everyone is going through. I am back on day 9 after 8 months of constant relapse. I feel frustrated today because though I KNOW I am on the right path and I KNOW what I have to do to stay sober and ride out the urges/cravings, the f****** voice won't leave me alone. It's been about an hour and 30 minutes (it's 145pm here) and I've been reading here, eating and drinking loads, sitting out on the balcony in the sun, resting, practising mindfulness, focussing on the kids, stretching, telling myself, "I Don't drink!! I just want to get through today. It's crazy that when the middle part of mind is craving, ALL logic is thrown out the window. In the past, when the cravings are too tough to handle, I've just ignored everyone here and gone on with what I "want" to do--I felt myself heading in that direction today--mentally blocking, not wanting to think of the consequences. It pisses me off after having been here for 3 years!! But it is WORK these first weeks especially. No instant gratification. I'm feeling better now. Thank you all for sharing so much of yourselves. This is such a supportive place...:h
                      Hello Lifechange - I could have written that post!! Good luck to you and keep on surfing those urges.
                      Finally planning for success
                      Toolbox
                      wearywino.wordpress.com
                      247helpyourself.com

Comment

Newbies Nest

ccaples--welcome. you are in the right place. if you're currently using the opioids, hope you have or can find a helpful doc to help you with that.

LavBlue--Hi, again. So happy you got a "present" for your hard work.

Daevid--Glad you only busted your router (ouch). Funny about the noisy kids. Here we have noisy old people. I try to tell myself they are probably hard of hearing, but can't help thinking they probably "ssssssshhhhhed" us when we were kids

Comment

Newbies Nest

ok so WMM back on Day 2 today too busy last night between back to school night and football scrimmage. A friend of mine brought her two boys to my sons game, which he was so happy about! ) I havent seen her all summer, with busy schedules etc. it felt really good to be able to stand right next to her talking and not worrying about AL breath... I have often drank around her, she drinks too but definitely not as excessively as i once did.. I had a horriffic nightmare last night, the past couple nights i had gone AF, i had only sweet dreams but this one last night... I am scheduled to have an US of my liver as ordered by my Dr several months ago... and the nightmare consisted of me getting that US and they found 3 fast growing tumors throughout, i was definitely going to die if I didnt stop.. and the tumors were alcohol and tobacco related. It was so vivid i could see the red yellow and green as if it were weather radar in my body.. and in this nightmare i had to stop drinking and smoking! I had a craving and i picked up an iced tea next to me, and i was ok after that.. The nurse was a friend of mine in this nightmare and she broke down sobbing and ran out of the room when she saw the "radar" Nobody would tell me anyting... I am so glad to be awake and that it was all just a bad dream

Great Job Artsy! Kensho, Fin, Daisy and everyone!
                          Daevid, Kids should be back in school soon...lol so you will have quiet again

Comment

Newbies Nest

WMM, your dream is trying to tell you something.....AL WILL KILL us if we don't stop! That part of your dream is absolutely true. Guitarista posted a link the other day of a woman who had a liver transplant and she had been quit for 5 years I think, but they showed her the damage and it was just incredible (it looked like olive loaf!). I know the liver is very forgiving but we all have our breaking points. We can't live without our liver....I feel really bad about what I did to mine....I hope it forgives me.

Ccaples, welcome aboard! Tell us about yourself! We are great listeners!

Frances, another great post. You are just amazing!!
                            Keep up the great work! Anything worth having is worth fighting for! Strength to all! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good almost afternoon everyone! Been MIA with loads of family things to do, busy getting ready for school, riding lessons, camp days, family things galore. Our little one is cutting teeth like she's getting paid for it so it's been pretty tiring around here.
                              But, I am on Day 29 and really quite shell shocked. Imagine that, 29 days of not getting drunk, 29 days of no hangovers, 29 days straight of not feeling guilt, shame or remorse for drinking and the aftermath that follows it.
                              I haven't gotten a chance to read over all the days I have missed but I hope everyone is doing good!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! Mom! What an INCREDIBLE job! 29 days already?? Share some secrets of how you are managing the cravings..:goodjob::l

Comment

Working...
                                X