Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dear Husband
    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matt M.;1696366 wrote: Dear Husband
      Thanks. I use to think it meant divorced, or drinking husband.
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin... Could also mean damned husband....as in the case of WMM!
        WMM:l please pm me if you want. I am here.
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

All this time I thought we were talking baseball!!
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

WMM so sorry you're faced with asshole behavior. I remember when you joined that one of your primary reasons for wanting to get sober was so you could leave him, as you were afraid that if you tried before quitting, he would use drinking against you in a custody case.

Hold on tight to thoughts of freedom and escape -- think of al and your husband as being two evils that are completely inter-related. As long is one is in your life, the other will be too! With both out of your life, you will get a new start and live the life you were meant to live with your kids, and be free of those 2 destructive forces that are controlling your life right now!! But you HAVE to make this quit work, right??

Keep that at the forefront of your mind. Drinking AT him will get him what he wants, which is the ability to keep controlling you.

Stay strong!! :l
            Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Samstone;1696387 wrote: All this time I thought we were talking baseball!!
              Now THAT was funny.
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL! Good one Samstone.

Matt, I really like the last few reposts. Isn't it great that we can find everything right here instead of trying to reinvent the wheel?

Hang in there WWM. That's a really difficult situation you're in. :l

Watched NS's post about the disease model last night. It was an excellent video that makes alcoholism clearly a disease. What is treatment for this disease? Support, tools, and being here to post your thoughts to get it out of your head. WWM, you're doing exactly what you need to do. Staying close and asking for help. Try to keep some distance from DH and on your children who need you.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hahahaha. So good Samstone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

WMM I am feeling for you. Try to use your anger to fuel your fight to get sober and take care of you. It is the best thing you can do now. Concentrate on how you're putting YOUR life together; the rest will follow. Hugs to you :l
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Lifechange, great to see you, stay around!

Hello & welcome Johnshannon, glad you found us & decided to join in the fun
                      Tell us a little more about yourself, we're only too happy to help each other. Kicking AL out of your life is the best decision ever!

WMM, so sorry about your situation. Please remain AF, drinking AT him won't help a damn bit. I did the same exact thing for years. I hope you can stay focused on yourself & the kids, they need you sober.

Hello to everyone else who stopped in today & wishing a safe night in the nest for all, I think I hear a thunder storm getting close

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matt, I really like the last few reposts. Isn't it great that we can find everything right here instead of trying to reinvent the wheel?
                        Jvo you are so right! Every thing is already in place here, in the short y time I've been on here I'm amazed at what is available!
                        AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

WMM--been thinking about your situation alot, and there's a lot I'd like to say, but decided to go for brevity (for once), because I'm concerned about your post a couple days ago about getting paid Friday (tomorrow) and being able to replace H's stash. I'm concerned about you going to a liquor store with money and in your state of mind. Your brain is probably telling you all the "good" reasons to drink right now, but you really, really need a clear head. You also need your own stash---of CASH! Don't spend your $$ on wine. Put all you save by not buying it, somewhere safe so you have something in case you need it. Besides, don't let HIM ruin your chance at happiness. Will be thinking of you. Check in tomorrow, k? "post early, post often."

Comment

Newbies Nest

WMM - Sorry to hear about all the crap with your husband. That really stinks, and it must be very difficult for you. I agree with everyone else (and with what you said yourself) - don't drink AT him. If anything, use your anger and frustration to fuel your determination to NOT drink.
                            Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE everyone. Friday night here in Aus. I really felt like a wine when I got home. Witching hour. The worst part of the week for me. But I got past it and now enjoying dinner. Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Momof3 a huge congratulations on 30 days. You have shown great dedication in getting rid of al, being on here daily and doing the hard yards. Keep smiling today you so totally deserve your 30 days.

Posting a link (well i hope it works). A lovely story but sad about alcoholism.

Lost and Never Found: An Alcoholic’s Unknown Story | takingthemaskoff
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X