Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Roxy, I notice that you and I pick up on EXACTLY the same things! In LavB's post, that's what shot up for me! It's just AL trying his best to find the one chink in your armor. Once you get that distance from AL, you will find that there will be many other ways to proclaim your love to the future Mr. LavB! Champagne is just stuff in a glass...it is NOT what counts....focus on the CEREMONY or the DRESSES or the flowers or the idiot photographer! Don't worry about the toast! When the time comes, we'll talk about it! Believe me, you can get thru any occasion AF! After all, it's just NOT an option, right? It's not for me!

Pinecone, always great to see you!!! How's the puppy?? xo, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in one last time before bed, even though I don't have much to say!
      Hopefully I'll have a more restful night tonight, and I'll have a read back tomorrow to get to know people a little.

Night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great work on an af day BF, many more to come i say. It is nice to get to know people on here. Some hang around and use this as their AA (like me) and some float in and out. We do note that being accountable on here is a huge step in keeping af. Take it easy on yourself and eat and eat some more and sleep. Honestly it gets easier as time goes on.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav2, one thing that has really helped me is not thinking too much about the future right now. Just focus on being AF today, and deal with the future in the future. You will be much stronger and wiser "in the future" and will have so many more ways to deal with life.

Keep going! You are doing so well!
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

No more wine nor whiskey nor beer. First order of business once I got home Byrdie. The help I came here for is this site is an anchor. And to talk, to get the feedback from people who've been there. Think I'll have to take another look at my diet which is rather sparse on the weekends. Thanks Byrd, Pine, LavB and all.

Time for that early night. Night Black, MAE all.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Orimus,

Good on you for ridding your home of alcohol! I too had to make some dietary changes when I stopped drinking. Before, most days I would skip both breakfast and lunch, because I'm lazy that way. Besides, alcohol has lots of calories, right? And vodka is made from potatoes, so I was damn near a vegan during the day.

Wine drinking would start with dinner, usually microwaved frozen fare. Not much to look forward to, nor derive much nutrition from.

These days I start off with a bowl of cereal or yogurt. Protein shake and sandwich for lunch. And since I'm sober, I cook a decent dinner. The new and improved eating habits are an important part of my Plan.

Best,
              Pie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keep at it Orimus..I went through those multi day on off cycles for ever and they don't work. .it's too easy to find an excuse to abuse it. No more AL in the house is that critical 1st step..I crave a drink still multiple times a day but I pain through it each time because I know avoiding it is the only thing that will save me.
                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pie, you rock. Take care of your body. I noticed since I quit AL I am taking care of myself more and more. I am not passing out every night without brushing my teeth and I am sober to properly take make up off and put moisturizer on my face looking so much better in the morning.
                  AF since 10/20/2013
                  Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                  Meat free since 09/20/2008
                  ---------------------------------------
                  With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Enjoying everyone's posts. Can so relate STL. Welcome BlackFlag...this forum is filled with the coolest alkys ever! And you are right Byrd, you do not need champagne to celebrate...being totally clear & not missing a moments touch with your mate is - re wiring our brains after so many years...I am up for the challenge..appreciate and look forward to spending my evenings unwinding with you all before bed- sure beats passing out! Good night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Everyone:

That's what I picked up on, too, Byrdie and Roxy. VERY dangerous thinking, as I think you worked out, LavB. Being present for special events gives me a kind of a "high" now - I get so excited that I am clear and enjoying the moment. We went out to dinner for my parents' anniversary and I got into such a great discussion with my mom that would have been clouded before. And if you're tempted, go read Moss Rose's post in the Just Starting Out section. It gets harder to quit each time.

BlackFlag - Welcome. I am a Henry Rollins fan from way back when - not sure if that is the source of your name. I'm glad you made it through your first day.

Artsy - Sorry I missed the milestone. CONGRATULATIONS. To Wednesday and BEYOND.

I have been VERY busy at work - it feels good to be on top of what's going on with a clear head and no 3am REs (regret everythings).

'Night,
                      Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wanted to jump in before work and say hi with a quick introduction. I have been browsing for a while trying to see where I would fit in this thread seems like a friendly place to be. I have been Alcohol free for 37 days today. I made the decision at the 30 day point not to touch the stuff again. Looking forward to getting to know every one. Have a great day where ever it may take you

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey daisy,
                          Good work on 37 days, I can't wait to hit that milestone!
                          Feeling better today, had a long if fitful sleep.
                          Pav, yeah that's the one, I had them on when I was creating the account and couldn't think of anything else haha.
                          Family meal tonight, been reading through the tool box for ways to avoid the question of alcohol, seems like a pretend doctor's instruction should do the trick.

Have a good day guys. I'll check in after work before I go out to keep accountable.

BF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! Good to see everyone! Welcome Daisy38, Rivergal, MyLuck, STL, Pie!! Gosh! Old home week!!
                            Pav (AKA, Nest Mom) funny how we pick up on these things now, isn't it?
                            Quick by in this morning, wishing everyone an easy day! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

Hi Byrdie, great to see you too! The pup is grown and she's mellowing out quite a bit too. We are off to the park today so she can chase her disk.

Orimus, that's the way it's done! A lot of us need to look at nutrition after we quit. We were experts at neglecting ourselves while drinking.

Hi Pie, good for you for making positive life style changes. I think when we make major positive changes it reinforces our quit.

STL, hang in there! It really does get better with time. You are already miles away from where you started.

Black flag, have you listened to Rollin's spoken word album? It's very funny. Good use of the toolbox, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Hi Pav, Rivergal, Daisy38, Myluck.

Have a great AF day!
                              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & happy Tuesday

Hello & welcome Daisy38 & congrats on your AF time :wd:
                                Maybe you can share some ideas with others having a hard time getting started

Have a terrific AF Tuesday one & all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X