Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello, thanks for all the warm welcomes yesterday. STL congrats on your 30 day. Jennie I hope your AA meeting goes well. OS I have just read your story, I really don't believe people on here need an excuse for relapses, I for one am pleased that you have the strength to come back and re commit

A flying visit I have a late meeting to dash to enjoy the rest of your day Newbie Nesters

Comment

Newbies Nest

STL, congratulations on a month! :goodjob:

To all those starting over - Jenni, Moss, Londoner and others...every person has it within themselves to reclaim their lives from this beast, but I know how hard that is to believe after a relapse. You can do this. Welcome back!

:h
      Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends, great posts today, especially from Byrdie and NS.

Kensho, I think you hit the nail right on the head with your multi layered approach thinking. I have always called it the holisitic approach in my head, based on the premise that drinking equals stagnation and eventually death and AF equals life. Diet, excercise, sleep, hydration (it is amazing how many people are under hydrated or dehydrated), have been huge parts of my quit. I think when we come out of drinking, our bodies are just so thirsty for healthy life activities that we better listen to that.

STL, huge congratulations on your 30 days! It has been great to see you get your feet under yourself. There are so many good things on this road of ours.

Londoner, good to see you again. Now beat this thing like it stole your wallet.

Have a great AF day everyone!
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Went to meeting during lunch hour and received lots of wisdom....funny thing is I have heard it all before and as I was sitting there, I wondered how I could have forgotten such simple things like "the craving will pass". Then I remembered the time I had several months under my belt and how during those months the cravings got smaller and smaller in duration until I didn't crave anymore. But that is how I started drinking again! My guard was down so this time I am going into this with that little golden nugget. When I get to the point of not craving, I must double my efforts both here and at aa
          Lightbulb moment
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just get very stressful call from dh and guess what? Craving hit me like a tidal wave
            I am ready for the ride
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1698760 wrote: Just get very stressful call from dh and guess what? Craving hit me like a tidal wave
              I am ready for the ride
              Surf's up Jennie- hang in there and resist..you can ride this one out
              “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

STL congratulations on your 30 days, a very proud moment always in the nest to see someone get the days wracking up. Being "normal" is quite a rollercoaster ride and my advice is never to become complacent. I still get urges for al, more like "i'd like to just have a wine", well where did that come from and that al voice will sit and wait patiently for some sort of stress to come into my life. al is always waiting for an opportunity to come back into your life. For me sometimes this voice can hang around for a few days which does not bode well for my mood but i refuse to let al in, i wont succumb to something that was destroying my life. Keep up the great work, the benefits far outweigh buying that first bottle of al and drinking it. There is nothing in our lives worth drinking AT.

Hi Overit and welcome back. Rule number 1: post like a lunatic. Rule number 2: get rid of all al, Rule number 3: post like a lunatic and read and read. You can do this, we all can!
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is day 1 for me. I've stopped and started so many times, then always believe I can go back to moderation. I should know by now that moderation will never be an option. I'm tired and don't feel well as a result of yesterdays drinking. I have family living with me right now and they drink nightly. Feeling frustrated and like a failure. I want to be confident that I can be sober, but I just don't believe in myself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

one4change;1698778 wrote: I have family living with me right now and they drink nightly. Feeling frustrated and like a failure. I want to be confident that I can be sober, but I just don't believe in myself.
                    That is a tough one. I will be thinking of you.
                    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

One4 welcome to the nest. You need to believe in yourself and that you can do this. No one will do it for you and i have found after months of not drinking that i am worthy of love and respect, i am a good person who deserves to live life. Ask these people not to drink around you if you can, if they cant respect this then ask them not to drink in your house. I can imagine this will be torture for you to have others drinking but its doable. I removed myself from the situation and hid in my bedroom and i did that a lot. I finally refused to kill myself by drinking and life is so much better now, i am living life, not just existing in this world. Keep posting and welcome
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thx..Peppersnow, Pine and Ava.... and yes, that AL voice is a tricky creature fro sure.
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

the next two hours will be torture for me??but this too shall pass
                          i am determined
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie love your attitude Ride it out, it WILL pass, thinking of you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone.

Enjoyed reading some of the posts this evening.
                              I've finished work this evening and got through the couple of hours that are the worst.
                              Had some food and plenty of iron bru (do you guys get that in the us?)
                              Another rubbish night's sleep last night, with some weird dreams, but hopefully that will pass.
                              Woke up at 6 am even though I was in work at 12, so I checked out that album pinecone and pav - I laughed my arse off. Bet my housemates wondered what the hell I was doing at that time haha.

Hope everyone's cool, I'm feeling nice and positive right now. Almost giddy haha.

B.f.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Overit and Jennie!! Welcome One4!!! These first days are toughies, but they can be overcome! Like Ava advised....post, post, post!! This site is full of history and great wisdom, just plant yourself in a thread and read thru it. Better yet, the Tool Box! Heck, follow NoSugar's posts and read the link's she shares or Pavoti's wonderful links. The more you know you aren't alone, the better. Anything worth having is worth fighting for, and it is worth it. Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF. Tomorrow will be better and brighter when you do. The only thing better for us is another sober day! Please hang in with us. We have all been where you are and we didn't die! You can do it. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X