Comment

Newbies Nest

Great going, Jenny! Don't forget to eat!! xo
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

big sigh of relief here?..just fed kids and am now sitting in front of a delicious healthy meal?.I think I am going to make it!!!
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roxy, English I'm afraid - but my family is Scottish. Good detective work though!

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1698753 wrote: Went to meeting during lunch hour and received lots of wisdom....funny thing is I have heard it all before and as I was sitting there, I wondered how I could have forgotten such simple things like "the craving will pass". Then I remembered the time I had several months under my belt and how during those months the cravings got smaller and smaller in duration until I didn't crave anymore. But that is how I started drinking again! My guard was down so this time I am going into this with that little golden nugget. When I get to the point of not craving, I must double my efforts both here and at aa
              Lightbulb moment
              I know exactly what you mean here Jennie! Good stuff.

See the Light;1698762 wrote:
              Surf's up Jennie- hang in there and resist..you can ride this one out
              Surf's up! Love it STL. Congratulations on your 30 days friend. Huge stuff!

Top of the thursday morning to y'all from upside down land. And it's 30 days AF here for the windswept sometimes interesting young fella from down under! My previous AF time has served me well, building knowledge, insight, a simple acceptance, acknowledgment and awareness. Got my surfboard, and ready for action. Bring it on!

Have a bewdy out there Nester's. Keep it going those who are struggling. Kick some arse in your own way. Thanks everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista,
                Wow, look at you with 30 days!! Thank you for checking in with that wonderful news! On behalf of the whole nest, please accept this small token ....your hat!
                :goodtime:
                Great job, MR! It is quite an accomplishment, as you know, we love a speech around here! We are so proud of you!!!! Xo, Byrdie
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1698781 wrote: One4 welcome to the nest. You need to believe in yourself and that you can do this. No one will do it for you and i have found after months of not drinking that i am worthy of love and respect, i am a good person who deserves to live life....
                  Ava, well said -- I'm right there with you! Becoming convinced that I am actually worth someone's respect and love, and finding that in my head and heart I actually know that I'm worth it, has been a revelation for me. I didn't believe that I was worth anyone's love when I was drinking heavily, which is, I think, what I ultimately began drinking "at" when at my worst. And I'm pretty sure I didn't even realize it. I think that's true of a lot of when we were in the throes of hell, though. The flames are blinding. To everyone just climbing out, it's completely mind-blowing how good you can and will feel again!
                  Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

CONGRATS to the 30 day AF hat recipients STL & Mr G!!!! Yay for both of you!!!

Welcome back Overit! Hello & welcome one4, glad you are both here

Jennie, great on getting thru your stressful time AF. Remember, we have to change our thinking to change our habits & behaviors. Running for a drink is what we used to do to handle stress. That's no longer an option for any of us! It definitely gets easier, you know that

Wishing everyone a super safe night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1698839 wrote: Guitarista,
                      Wow, look at you with 30 days!! Thank you for checking in with that wonderful news! On behalf of the whole nest, please accept this small token ....your hat!
                      :goodtime:
                      Great job, MR! It is quite an accomplishment, as you know, we love a speech around here! We are so proud of you!!!! Xo, Byrdie
                      Thanks Byrdy. I am wearing my hat with pride!

No speech really, except to say this:

-30 days is a good place to aim for. It is a distance that is a little challenging, but not too far out of range or impossible.

-It means you have achieved 4 whole weeks and weekends of sober life and it's challenges, and you have begun to build your AF life foundations.

-I am showing myself some self worth, self love, and commitment.

-I am starting to think more clearly. I am looking gooood. My hair is getting shiny. My face is no longer red or puffy.

-It has been ESSENTIAL and important to educate myself how to urge surf cravings. They will come, and we must be prepared and know what we can do (check our toolbox for tips).

-Sometimes, we just have to go for it, and take a leap of faith that a sober life is magical. And it is. Sometimes, my only way out is through, and that's okay.

-If i can do this, you really and truly can do it too.

Kick some arse in your own way y'all.

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1698846 wrote:
                        30 days is a good place to aim for. It is a distance that is a little challenging, but not too far out of range or impossible.
                        This is a really good way of putting it!
                        I will aim for 30 days for now, and when I get there... hopefully aim for another 30!

Comment

Newbies Nest

And not forgetting well done G!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great speech, G!!
                            BlackFkag, you doing ok tonight? You have been kicking arse!!!
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

just spent last 1.5 hours reading tool box
                              going to bed sober for first time in a LONG time
                              good night!!!!!
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Black flag...... I too love irn bru :-)

Comment