Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I am worried. day one is under my belt and I am psyched about that. The problem is, I woke up at 4am and could not go back to sleep….I tried everything sans medication of any sort (read, just lied there, meditated) so now several hours later and I am heading to work. but I know that come this afternoon, I will be SO VERY TIRED……and I know what happens then…..the craving will be bad. So, I need to arm myself and go into this battle with eyes open and determination cemented in my brain……will be posting often just to get it off my chest…..thanks guys!
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

And thank you for saying I'm not going loopy! Lol it's been a while since I was the 'real' me so I guess I have to get used to myself again :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenni when you get home have a shower and put on your pjs, this worked for me as no way was i leaving the house when i was in my pjs. when i was fighting with myself driving home to stop and buy al, i said i would go home first and then see how i felt, thus the shower as it took my mind off al for oh 5 mins. i also napped when i was tired so that if i was awake at 2am i had at least gotten some sleep. i also told myself that i had done this to my body so it needed time to heal and i had to go with the flow. Realise that it does get better in a week or two and whats a week or two when we have been slowly killing ourselves for years. You will be okay Jenni.

Lol, i sometimes think i am getting alzheimers as my memory is shot somedays, feel like a brain fog i am in and this is after months and months of being sober so its scary to think of what my brain is still going through to heal. Normal loopy is good and what is normal anyways? you will come to love the real you Leigh, after the loopy you settles down.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you everyone for your congratulations.

Congratulations to you too Leighann on 4 weeks sober.

G'night from me. Take it easy out there. Passing the butt velcro to the left.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenni, I am fighting to get back to a normal sleep pattern too. It's crazy since I didn't get quality sleep when I was drinking, and now I just fight to sleep at all. Either way, it's exhausting. Ava's advice is spot on - it takes time for our bodies to heal so we need to listen them, nap when necessary, and just practice self-care. I am fighting some serious fatigue this morning. In fact, I'm barely functioning. It feels like a hangover, but I know it's just my body detoxing. I don't ever want to feel like this again. Hang in there. It will get better for both of us.

Just a quick check in before work. Stay safe and strong everyone. Sending love to you all.
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey MR its lovely to have you back. 10pm here and i know i will sleep a solid 7 hours before that damn alarm goes off and i get to wake up feeling reasonably good and its friday so cant get better. Oh the sleep of the drunk, i always thought it was a great sleep till i experienced sober.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

It's Thursday morning here Ava - hope you sleep well

Jennie, don't worry ahead of time about something that just may not happen! Seriously, we can drive ourselves nuts doing stuff like that. When you get home from work make yourself a nice cup of tea & stay busy with dinner & kids - you will be OK

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Thursday for all!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ava, moss and lavande!!!!
                  I feel hungover too but this is a much better hangover than some in the recent past!!!
                  Some day 2 observations: I was awake when dh got home from work and we had a short but sweet conversation (I am usually passed out by time he gets home). I started reading a new book last night and I can't wait to read again tonite and finally, I have been at work for about an hour and am tackling most challenging things first with a much less foggy head than usual and feeling really good and productive about that!
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Note to self: go back and read old posts by self for motivation
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                      Lav, I was reading around the site a couple weekends ago and ran across this jewel:
                      Regret of the past and fear of the future are the twin thieves of the present. Ain't THAT the truth!

There is a phase between the magic Day 13 and your 30 day hat where your emotions will be all over the place. One minute you are conquering the world, the next minute you are a fire hydrant in a dog park. After the 30 days or so, you will even out!! Hang in there as you heal!

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I was thinking about my quit date. Jan 20, 2011. An odd date...it wasn't a Monday, it wasn't the start of a new month...It was a Tuesday. Unfortunately, I'd been issued an ultimatum, so my date was what it was. I had tried to quit every single day for at least 10 years before that. Every day I started out saying, TODAY will be different, I will cut back. I will not have ANY tonight, just to see if I can. But by the end of the day, the revolutionary war would start in my head and rational thought was overcome by Addiction Head (Dick Head). Every single day was like this....year in....year out. How many of us SWORE that come NEW YEARS, the drinking would stop? Here we are almost to September....9 months have passed. Have you made the decision to stop this crazy cycle? Do it. NOW. Tomorrow never comes. The next thing we know, it's going to be January again, the holidays will have come and gone and we'll be wondering where they went. You have to put your foot out of the Flintstone-Mobile and MAKE this cycle stop. It is not easy. It takes guts, grit and determination. It is also worth it. There is no magic pill, you just have to say NO MORE. You can do it. Make today the day that ends the abuse to your true self.

Overdue awards:
                      Daisy38 slipped in here already at 40 days! We can't let you run around without your hat!! Here ya go:
                      :goodtime:
                      Leighann, you did the very same! Here, put this on!!!
                      :goodtime:
                      GREAT JOB, you two!!! Welcome aboard and we are thrilled that you've joined us!
                      Hope everyone has an easy day! MindPeace to all, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Gman, Daisy, Leighann on your milestones. Great job hanging 10 Jennie- keep resisting that voice. MAE everyone else. Welcome anyone new I missed.
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning folks! I ate a bunch of candy at 2am and woke up at 5:30 sweating and feeling terrible, hungover. Interesting. And a good reminder of what I am not missing on a daily basis not drinking!

Work hard today all, you won't regret it!
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow Kensho- i didn't even know one could get a candy hangover! well, still better than the other...don't start drinking again to kick your candy urges though! ;-)
                            “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wearing my hat with pride :-) thanks guys, I'm raising an irn bru to all of us who are fighting to better ourselves. Keep up the determination everybody

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1698996 wrote: Thanks Ava, moss and lavande!!!!
                                I feel hungover too but this is a much better hangover than some in the recent past!!!
                                Some day 2 observations: I was awake when dh got home from work and we had a short but sweet conversation (I am usually passed out by time he gets home). I started reading a new book last night and I can't wait to read again tonite and finally, I have been at work for about an hour and am tackling most challenging things first with a much less foggy head than usual and feeling really good and productive about that!
                                Jenniech-that's awesome! It's AMAZING when you realize what you've been missing and start living.

Just checking in. Woke up sober this AM, got my workout in, and feeling very grateful today. I have a smile on my face I haven't had in quite a while.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day and hang in there with me.
                                The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Working...
                                X