Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I've been to the eye doctors today and just getting my vision back!
    GREAT posts today!!!
    Cherokeer! 90 days is maaavelous! You are da bomb!!! It's a PROUD day in the nest!
    :bomb:
    Rahul, what a thoughtful and beautiful post. You seem to be in a good place (mentally AND physically!) I am SO proud of your accomplishments! You are a different man.
    Pav, always a great post from you.
    LavB, I'm so glad you made it thru a trying time....getting over those rough edges really separates the men from the boys. Using our new coping skills helps in many other areas, too.
    Kensho, you are kicking arse.....I'm in the Prize Closet getting your hat ready!!!

Getting AL out of our lives really DOES allow us to make decisions with more information...we aren't just skimming thru life now, we are taking in information at all times now. Better decision making is a wonderful side effect of being AF!!

I'm about to begin my 3 day weekend! No thoughts of AL on my agenda! I had enough for a lifetime! Hugs to all, keep up the hard work, it pays off in spades, I promise. Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF!!! XXOO, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone.
      Just on my way home from work looking forward to a sober Friday night. My colleagues and my house mates (we work together) have all gone out for drinks so I've got the house to myself for a few hours to cook myself something nice and get an early night. 2 more days and then it'll be a full week!

Comment

Newbies Nest

blackflag;1699397 wrote: Hello everyone.
        Just on my way home from work looking forward to a sober Friday night. My colleagues and my house mates (we work together) have all gone out for drinks so I've got the house to myself for a few hours to cook myself something nice and get an early night. 2 more days and then it'll be a full week!
        Congratulations on 90 days Cherokeer! Huge!

Sounds a great plan BFlag. Good stuff.

Boozing is a myth and a lie. We don't need it.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical weekend.

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am having huge craving and I am bored and my husband wants to go out to dinner
          Help
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

I really wish we did have "like" buttons on here.

Is there an app for this website so I can access on my mobile phone? Just have to log into the web each time? How do you save "favorites" on your phone?
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1699409 wrote: I am having huge craving and I am bored and my husband wants to go out to dinner
              Help
              I don't want to oversimplify this, but if your cravings are that strong, tempting them is a bad idea. Would your husband be up for a takeout order for the night, especially if you explained that you really feel like having a drink and preferred not to be tempted? Or is there somewhere you can go to eat with no AL.? Hopefully your husband will understand your efforts to do the right thing. In the meantime, try drinking 2 or more really large glasses of ice water…you’ll be surprised how much that helps stop the cravings as you will feel more full and less thirsty until it passes….good luck
              “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie, I had to battle cravings at first when going out to dinner as I always ordered wine. I would hurry up and order pop or water quickly so I didn't myself time to change my mind. In the beginning I was afraid. I thought AL had control over me and I felt weak. You have the power. Set yourself up for success. If you don't feel strong enough stay home or as STL suggested go to where there is no AL. Strength to you Jennie, you can do this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think I will tell him I want to stay home
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit-Still, I just sent you a PM about your tech questions. Hope you get it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie, how long have u been AF?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie - protect your quit with your life. Take-out was a good suggestion or you could go to a restaurant that doesn't serve AL. But whatever it takes, don't put yourself in harm's way. Hang in there.

I've been very busy the last couple of days - at work, and at home - so staying out of trouble. The cravings are bad, but I just have to make it one more day and then I'm out of here. I have always been an at-home drinker, and the long weekend was scaring me to death, especially now that I live alone. I can't wait to be around other people again. And for the next week, I'll be surrounded. Yay!!
                        Have a sober and safe weekend.
                        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all and hi back lav. how is that foot of yours going?

Not a long weekend here but a beautiful sunny day that i am going to spend with my daughter at the markets and then a hair dye to get rid of the greys, god forbid i have any at 50. today i am doing this totally sober. Yes it has been a hard struggle to live everyday life sober but every morning i have a smile (eventually when i have woken up) on what i have achieved being sober. It will be 9 months on Monday and I used to be like you newbies, i had those thoughts, struggles, stresses and emotions. I also had grit and determination and willpower gallore, i dont know some days where i found it but i knew i just had to. I had to as no one else would give up drinking for me except me. I have made the best choice and decision in my life to get rid of al, i only wish i had done so sooner but the past is the past and the future is f**king fantastic.

Have a great long weekend everyone and stay safe and stay on here. If you have a single urge to drink, come on mwo and post and read. This is my AA and i am not judged and god forbid i would slip on a book. How sad is that to be judge by fellow alkies. Its a funny world we live in.

I need new glasses Byrd, you may have motivated me, well after shopping maybe!
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Available, jealous of your sunny day. Torrential rain here in NW England. We had summer earlier in the month... For about 5 minutes haha.

I don't think I'd ever make it to an A A meeting, so the support I have received here, and just knowing that people have been here before, and that it can be done, has been invaluable to me over the last few days.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Melbourne can have 4 seasons in one day so i have to make the most of this weather while i can. Im washing up a storm here before i go and spend money. If its any consolation BF rain all next week and cold and it is the start of spring.

I contemplated going to AA as a last resort as i am so not religious and of course i came across MWO drunk and ashamed and over it but mind you that was 2011. All good things come to those who wait so my mother said. I had hope seeing people like us give up al and succeed even though i never thought it would be me. I always wanted to moderate, now i realise that that is the dumbest idea in the world. I was telling one of my sons friends i had not had a drink for 9 months and he said "oh you can have a drink surely now" and i replied with "yes i could but that drink would probably last for about another 3 years or more". I am not taking that chance.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

A craving is very, very uncomfortable but keep in mind, it won't kill you or even make you faint or have a seizure or anything like that. It isn't as painful as labor or passing a kidney stone. If you didn't have such an easy way to take the feeling away and could look at it objectively, what pain rating would you give it with 10 being something like pushing out that baby or passing that stone? I bet it rarely would even get a 5. It is a really bad feeling but you can get through it - with no bad after effects!

Real physical and psychic pains are waking up at 3 a.m. and realizing what you've done again
                                . Now that really hurts and it will be with you in one way or another all day, until that craving comes back tomorrow evening and either you give in again or do what you could have done today, and chosen not to drink. Why wait?

It will be great to hear how anyone who is struggling now but doesn't succumb feels about things in the morning .

Comment

Working...
                                X