Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hang in there BFlag! You will be so happy you did. Drinking wouldn't solve anything! Distract yourself in any way you can!!
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cherokeer Congrats on 90 days !

Ava glad you are looking forward to 9 months on Monday. It's just great. Living sober has its rewards and I agree waking up in morning with a fresh smile is one of the best awards.

Thanks all for comments about my posts.

I am back home tonight
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1699451 wrote:

Real physical and psychic pains are waking up at 3 a.m. and realizing what you've done again. Now that really hurts and it will be with you in one way or another all day, until that craving comes back tomorrow evening and either you give in again or do what you could have done today, and chosen not to drink. Why wait?

It will be great to hear how anyone who is struggling now but doesn't succumb feels about things in the morning .
        Spot on NS. It's sunday morning here, and i feel great and proud, despite limited sleep after a late night gig with my band and up early now for work.

jenniech;1699595 wrote:
        thanks everyone?..I ended up staying in with no take out!!!!!! Instead I treated myself to my FAVORITE food this time of year??BLT with just picked tomatoes??heaven!!!! As soon as i finished, all cravings gone!! And a good movie and to bed early?.
        I am so looking forward to a weekend without booze??.
        Yay!

Good stuff Rahul. Enjoy your family.

Hope your leg's better Lav.

Hope the eyesight's ok Byrdy.

Have a bewdy y'all.

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I've obviously been away too long. Byrdie - what's up with your eyes? And Lav, your leg? Wishing you both a speedy recovery.

NS - wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your post about cravings. So true. I've learned to deep breathe through them. It really does help.

I had a lovely day. First day of my vacation!! Can you tell that I'm excited? A whole week off work. No cube, no computer, no employees, no stress. I feel massive relief. I think maybe that tells me something very important about my life. But, that's more than I can deal with tonight. So back to binging on Netflix. Love to you all.
          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nuttin wrong, Mossy, just had an eye exam yustaday and they put those drops in so you cant see straight. All good! So glad you re enjoying your down time!! I am too! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Byrdie - so glad to hear it. I saw Guitarista's post and freaked. I am enjoying the down time. Thanks.

Comment

Newbies Nest

so happy to read all these posts…..I am treating myself to some delicious ice cream tonight…..I deserve it after boot camp and then a few hours of hard core yard work!!!!!!!!
                feeling good and strong….
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, you guys were right. I definitely don't regret not drinking tonight. Glad to be going to bed with a clear head, especially with a day off to enjoy tomorrow.
                  I'm glad I had somewhere to vent and stay accountable before, because it was pretty touch and go for an hour or so.

So thanks just for being here, and especially your advice kensho.
                  BF

Comment

Newbies Nest

BF you will never regret not drinking if you get over those cravings that can hit like a freight train at times.

Its funny but i stopped listening to music for a long time when i gave up drinking as i associated music with drinking and now 8 months later i am reintroducing music into my life. I mean i listened to it on the radio but not at home. So many triggers to deal with but slowly slowly does it, well for me anyways.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, yeah you're right. I'm gonna be even more glad when I wake up tomorrow in my bed and not fully clothed!
                      I'm a musician (well a drummer haha) so I don't think I could cope without music, but I must admit I've been avoiding a lot of my favourite albums this last week because of the link they have with drinking in my mind.
                      I need to be on my toes to avoid things that are going to trigger me off until I get into a routine.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Always a bonus to be in your own bed. I know many a time i have wanted to chew my arm off to escape someone elses bed! ha ha.

Avoiding triggers in the early days is essential to keeping sober. Those favourite albums will always be there when those cravings lessen. Your life as a drummer must revolve around al so thats hard but always doable and you are doing it BF. I work in the health industry and see so many al related illnesses, never stopped me from drinking as it would never happen to me. I am now well aware how lucky i am that nothing bad has happened.

I'm always on my toes as far as al is concerned, this is a journey that will have a happy ending for me as today i will not drink.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava - you always make me laugh. "Chew my arm off..." OMG, freaking hilarious. Blackflag - you can do this. We can do this. Vent away, my friend.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

My unplanned days always turn out the best
                            My daughter & her family came for a visit, we had a great time. Grilled burgers, spent all day outside & even had a bonfire - my granddaughter was thrilled! Don't tell anyone but I left the boot in the house today - decided it need a rest :H
                            MR - I have a stress fracture in my foot caused by my older, arthritic 90 pound dog - she stepped on me WAY too hard. It's really healed a lot this past week

BF, glad you got through the cravings! Pat yourself on the back but never let your guard down.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - hang on everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - so sorry to hear about your foot. But glad you had the family over today. Sounds like a wonderful time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Trouble started at 4:30 at grocery store. MIL, DH and I walked through the superstore for groceries and passed the wine section. MIL asked me questions about pony wines... I touched one and then said out loud "I gotta get outta here." We finished shopping, but by the time we got home, the desire to participate in happy hour was strong. But the cocktail on the deck was sparkling water for me. I know it wasn't true, but I felt lame. I should have felt proud, but I have felt a bit down on myself here.

Skip to mid-dinner though and MIL could not balance well and had slurred speech. Hubs was buzzed a little and I could tell. Annoyed me.

So, first part of evening, I felt left out. Second half, I noticed all the shit AL does to you... The way it makes you stupid, disconnected, loud, uninhibited, and smell bad.

They will drink every night here. But I am not, and I told my 8 yr old son tonight that I stopped drinking grown up drinks because they made me drink more than i should, and so I could be healthier and live longer. His smile meant the world to me.
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X