Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sarah, I will never stop believing in you!
    Not sure how much you realize this means to me. Thank you my friend! I will get there..somehow!

Good job on the quoting ;-)

Love you,
    Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Also, I have come to believe that how much you drink isn't the issue, it's WHY you drink that makes it a problem or not. And I think that's why most of us are here, because we realize that we are drinking and LONGING for more drinks for reasons other than the casual drinker.
      I have said this from the beginning of my journey here on MWO, and I still wholeheartedly agree.

I have spoken to two ppl outside of MWO who are AF by going cold turkey. Both said they just stopped b/c of certain situations (wife will leave me, was tired of what it was doing to the family, etc).

I don't mean to be repetitive, but I don't have that problem. So, it's easier (for me) to be less accountable to the amt (and how often) I drink. This is not a good thing for me. I have to make the decision to do this b/c I want too- not necessarily b/c I'm forced too. Make sense?

I realize that most here are just dumbfounded with me, and have 'thrown their hands up', but irregardless of those thoughts...I'm still in the game, and I won't be discounted. I REFUSE to be discounted! My life has a purpose and a bright one at that. No matter how long it takes, I will gain control over my emotions, addictions, etc., and I will come thru this journey in the manner 'it' was intended for me. Some of ya'll will discard me, and that's ok...I see why you do, but I will do it. Figuring out the 'CAUSE' IMO, is a step in the right direction.

Love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1702772 wrote: Right on. Arrive late, leave early. Everyone's a winner!

Me either Sarah.

Have a great weekend y'all. G.
        Thanks Guitar!! :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Forgive me for not paying attention to the quoting lesson, but regarding Sarah's post:

"Both said they just stopped b/c of certain situations (wife will leave me, was tired of what it was doing to the family, etc).
          I don't mean to be repetitive, but I don't have that problem. So, it's easier (for me) to be less accountable to the amt (and how often) I drink. This is not a good thing for me. I have to make the decision to do this b/c I want too- not necessarily b/c I'm forced too."

Sarah, many, many people here had no big consequences from drinking. I was one of them. No one knew how much I drank, but me. And it was, in the end, about 3-4 drinks a day. No one asked me to quit or even cut back or threatened to leave or fire me or jail me. No doctors told me that I had liver damage. I decided I was drinking too much and too often, for the purpose of avoiding real life. And the only thing that was going to happen is that I would need more and more. I already lusted for it all day and it took up so much of my time. After 32 days, I see how much my drinking was affecting every single part of my life.

If you need more motivation, watch youtube docus on what 4 drinks a day does to a woman over time. You may not be in trouble now, but it will catch up with you. Decide to care about your future and your longevity and your quality of life. But if the amount your are drinking now is ok with you, then maybe it's ok with you.

I hear you saying that you want to quit, but just not enough yet. Someday you will get sick of that struggle. I decided I hated being at war with myself.
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great post Kensho.

Might I add. There are generally 3 ways we change in the long term.

1) We have an epiphany - if I don't stop drinking I may die. Or my whole world may crumble.

2) We change our environment - stick with the same drinking buddies and you are not likely to give up drinking. We need to actively pursue a new drink free environment.

3) We take baby steps - take it day by day. One drink less by one drink less.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Ready to kick ass again! I want this date to be the day I get the life I want!
              I have done a lot of reflecting, talking before deciding to come back.
              I feel ready. I have been more open and honest with sisters, cousins, my children....
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:waving: daisy. do whatever you need to do this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Roxanne....I really feel ready.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Daisy, glad to see you are ready to jump in & get the job done
                    You know all about making the commitment & getting a good plan together. Looking forward to see you do this.

Sarah, I really don't know what is going on with you but you do seem to want to continue to rationalize your drinking. Sometimes we just have to accept things as they are & stop trying to dissect everything. It's a delay tactic & another way we BS ourselves. I did it for a long time too & I'm just being honest in telling you it's a waste of time. If you truly want to stop drinking, just stop. Taking back control of your life is the kindest thing you can do for yourself!

Ava, I totally agree that being fully present for yourself & your family rocks

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a wonderful AF Sunday for all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav....I fully intend to make 2014 the year I say goodbye to alcohol......already done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! Harvest has started up here in northeast Alberta, so I'll be trading in my hand tools for a combine seat for the next 6 weeks or so lol. It will be my first af harvest, and I'm looking forward to it! After yesterday being on the combine all day till 1:30 in the morning, I don't see how I used to get home and then drink for an hour or more before turning in for the night! I can tell you, it sure feels good this morning though!

Hi Daisy, I'm new to MWO, but I'm determined to beat my demon however I have to! After 2 slips in the past year, I'm more determined than ever to finally quit and stay quit!

Sarah, hope all is well with you today! Hopefully you have found the answer you are looking for after reading all the great advice!

To the rest of the Nester's not mentioned but in my thoughts and on my gratitude list, thank you for the kindness and support show to everyone! We can win this war, one battle at a time!!!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alcowboy, you sound so positive. Just what I need to hear! I feel excited for some reason, really happy to have made the final decision on quitting.
                          There is no down side to this.....life can now only get better! Now there is the answer to why I feel great today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=KENSHO
                            I decided I hated being at war with myself.
                            Amen Kensho. Even though we post our sobriety days, this AL demon is our individual nemesis, it is not a competition with each other, but simply one within ourselves. Only we secretly know who is winning....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning! Nesters!
                              Daisy, great to see you! I am so glad this is IT! Hugs dear lady!
                              Cowboy, I didnt see it at the time either, I dont know how I did it, being sober is just so much simpler. Being an active alkie is exhausting!
                              Hope everyone has an easy day!!! Xxoo, B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie...watch this space!

Comment

Working...
                                X