Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

You sound pretty terrific yourself there, Daisy!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone!! I am so happy to be in the triple digits.

Available, I agree with you on the newbies who are trying to quit not needing to see posts of people still drinking. Especially when your struggling in those first days and lizard brain is looking for any excuse to pull you back into AL hell. The encouragement, experience, and people rooting for me here to not drink gave me comfort and strength. Reading about peoples struggles, thoughts, trials and tribulations was a balm to my soul.

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1703149 wrote: No, sorry Sarah, i have heard it all numerous times and i am sure i will keep reading it numerous more times. I am not concerned whether you choose to drink or not, i am more worried that the newbies see you still drinking and think they should do it also and maybe your way is the way. Its like going to a moderation thread and reading how well they are going and thinking "oh maybe i could do that" and the al thoughts start seeping in as they do in the early days, say day 2 or 3. My concern is for them only. People are given respect when they earn it and that may seem harsh but stopping al and coming to the nn is a cry for help for ones who want to stop right now not in 6 months time. These newbies are walking the walk and as lav says not bs'ing about it but doing it, they are due the utmost respect from myself and others.
        If you would reread..I didn't ask anyone to respect ME...just what I blatantly shared as thoughts to the forum on the difficulty I was having with stopping. I thought it might help someone who thought the way I did, however, I see you disagree, and that is ok with me. Personally, I don't think me sharing my struggles enable others to drink, but everyone will have their own opinion I guess. Maybe the "newbies nest" is only for folks who have stopped, and not so much a place of reflection or help. And maybe...it's only good for 'kudos' to those of whom have mastered the 'quit'...or at least 'quit' within your timeline? Am I close to being correct?

I am probably no more correct in my statement to you than you are to me.

Rox- I come on here late because I'm busy during the day/early evening and late is my downtime (and private time). Now is the time I should be in bed..which is where I am heading.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Daisy, glad your back. For your headaches try the Advil, Tylenol, and caffeine pill. (2,2,1) At the hospital where I work a lot of the nurses use that combo. I don't because I suffer from migraines. Which have gotten better since I stopped drinking. Hell, everything is better. Hope you have a good day two. Just think 5 more days and you get your moon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sarah, youre not struggling to stop though, youre struggling to find reasons to (not) stop. there is a big difference.

you didnt answer what time you are on here, simple question, i am curious.

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy, headaches are common from what i read here, i certainly got them. they do go, for some people they go quite quickly. i just put up with them but the noise level of children could make that hard for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

As usual Sarah you are giving excuses and justifications on what you are not doing. As i have stated i personally dont care whether you drink or not, i care about the newbies and you are way past newbie stage and have had 2 af days as i will keep repeating myself endlessly. Its like trying to reason with a 2 year old and then they have a tantrum. Every damn person on the nest has difficulties with stopping but instead of procrastinating endlessly they at least give it a try, you my dear have not. What is your timeline Sarah? I would be most interested to hear since you obviously are going to stop and are talking about timelines.

Daisy it took me 5 weeks of headaches before they disappeared thank god. Just go with the flow and realise your body is healing.

Very well said Roxy.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pie..........60 days!

Yeehaw!

Well done friend. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

pie! i missed that in amongst the , well i wont go there......... brilliant! well done!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, G and Roxy! I just love milestones!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pie;1703177 wrote: Thanks, G and Roxy! I just love milestones!
                        And Rooni day 50!

:h

C'mon Sarah! Why not have a crack at 7 days AF.....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow, roonie too! hang on im going to look for banners........

Comment

Newbies Nest

cherokeer pie and roonie!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters!

Daylight here but no actual sunshine - oh well!
                              I'm alive, healthy, happy & addiction free

Chero, CONGRATS on your 100 AF days :wd:
                              Do everything & anything to protect your quit! For me that meant living 'small' for quite a while. I was reluctant to get into discussions with people regarding my quit - it was none of their damn business, only mine

Pie, Rooni & everyone else celebrating milestones - congrats to all of you as well!

Sarah, I really believe that we start rewiring our brains, forging new pathways as soon as we quit drinking. Everyone heals at their own rate of course but the difference is noticeable after just a few days AF. Give it a try & see for yourself!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

Pie, congratulations on your 60 days! Great job and keep doing what you are doing.

Okoren, congratulations on your 30 days!

Cherokee, congratulations on your 100 days!

Hi Daisy, great to see you posting here.

Sarah, sending you support. I can really appreciate the fact that you are still here, despite getting honest, tough-love type support. We all ended up on this site to deal with our drinking. My drinking "voice" once convinced me that I really needed 9 volt batteries, so I had to go to the store of course. I considered it and went right along with it, then told my wife I had to go and of course bought more beer. It felt very dirty to deceive myself and others like that.

I strongly believe that trying to find "the reason" or "WHY" is a huge dead end. The proof is in the pudding. Has it worked? Maybe it is time to try the problem from the other end. Drinking is the problem and not drinking is the solution. This site is a huge collective knowledge concerning quitting drinking and staying sober because we have many, many more similarities than we do differences. You have absolutely nothing to lose by trying to do 30 days AF!

Guitarista, Roxane, Lav great to see you today! Have a great AF day.
                                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
                                X