Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hay Papmom - did you start working? :H:H Fine, I'll get back to work too.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

yep-the stupid phones had the nerve to start ringing again! "What? You're paying me to answer them not surf the net? Oh... sorry!!" (imaginary conversation with boss hee hee)
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep - I've been having a REAL conversation with boss - he came in today. So - back to work I go. :H
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Still hanging in here, two weeks today. Thanks for all of the feedback on going/not going to the 50th B-Day party tomorrow. Leaning towards not going, but, still not sure...
          Katie -- Glad to see you are holding on strong and doing some work on personal growth. I've heard that that Alan Carr book is good -- in fact I have the version for quitting AL for good but haven't read it yet...
          Milk thistle and rag weed allergies...hhmmmm...just might explain why I feel just plain awful and my head just hurts after I take it......And I know that I do have a rag weed allergy. Guess I will give that one up!!! Thanks for the info! Papmom -- hope the rash heals up quick. You might consider taking an antihistamine. Benadryl would work the best -- but will make you drowsy. One the the other non drowsy ones might help though.
          Feeling particularly restless and unfocused today... wish I could just get SOMETHING done... the house is just trashed, which always leaves my head spinning...
          Hope you all are enjoying a lovely AF day/Night! Spring forward tonight. One hours less sleep -- as if any of us need that! LOL:H

Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Violet70,
            Yep, I bet it's the Milk Thistle that's giving you that headache. I know I've been absolutely wiped out by 8:30/9pm every nite-very unusual. The funny thing is, my eyes have been so itchy the past couple of days that I did take a benedryl last nite and still woke up with the rash!! It's still there but definitely fading and I haven't taken the Milk Thistle all day so I'm going t continue with no Mag/MT for a few days.

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Papmom, NoraC - about the CDs....
              I found the Clearing & Hypnotic CDs the most useful. I still use them occasionally!
              The Subliminal I used in the beginning - just played it quietly while I was at my desk doing something.
              The Sleep Learning CD I couldn't use at all. The sound of the running water, babbling brook (whatever) just kept me awake.
              I take an herbal product called Mellodyn along with 50 mg. of Benadryl an hour before I go to bed & sleep really well It took me a long time to get to this point - you need to have patience & persistence!!
              Keep trying different things but I do highly recommend the Hypnotic CD.

Waiting for son, DIL & grandson to show up for dinner, fun, fun
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks Lavande! Most helpful info. I'm waiting for my noise cancellation headphones to come in before I run the hypnotic and clearing CDs. With 5 animals in the house I need those headphones LOL!! I can't wait to try the subliminal at work next week.
                The benedryl works for the first few hours and then I wake up. I'm going to try taking it with the Melatonin tonite.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Papmom -- So funny that you say that you are just wiped out in the evening by 8 or so -- me, too. Wonder if it is the Milk thistle... no more of that! I am two weeks out and finally sleeping a bit better -- but I usually take my Zyrtec, melatonin and Topa 25mg -- all of which I was taking before I went AF. I worked nights until 9 months ago so my body is still confused. I was started on the Topamax for migraines -- then read about it in the MWO book. Funny, huh? Must have helped cause I am here and AF!
                  Quiet tonight in the nest. Hope everyone is doing well!

Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters!

Made it through the deluge today - will we ever dry out? Dad is home from the hospital so I have the Saturday - Sunday shift. My mom told me to pour myself a glass of wine tonight while cooking dinner - told her I had a headache last night (true statement) and didn't want to risk it coming back with the AL. Keeping it out of my own house is definitely helping me - just way too tempting. Since I was an at-home-lone drinker anyway, social events have never really been a problem as they are so infrequent.

Nora and Papmom - I just recently started listening to CD's at night to help me sleep. I have one that is music/and ocean waves - it's not bad - I really love classical music so just bought some CD's that are supposed to be relaxing.

Lav - hope the hens are keeping their heads above water :H:eeks:

Grateful, Tranq, Maz, Katie B, and everyone else who decides to pop in tonight - hope everyone has a restful night! YEA to AF Saturdays!

Jolie

:groupluv:
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Papmom & Violet,

Sometimes the weekends do get a little quieter here - especially when the weather gets nice!! As long as everyone is OK - quiet can be nice from time to time

Violet, I worked plenty of night shift mysef, it really does screw up your ability to sleep. I don't miss that at all! Congrats on your AF time, very nice! Be patient you will find things continue to get better & better. This time last year I was still struggling with the decision to go completely AF. I really thought I just couldn't do it - guess I was wrong

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!
                      Leaving the night light on....

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post Jolie.
                        My hens are safe - they have their little life jackets on
                        Glad things are OK with your parents.
                        Be well!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnite everyone!
                          It's so cold, windy and rainy here but I have this warm comfy nest to help me sleep. The clocks have been turned ahead, the dogs taken care of and I'm about to turn in with a good book and fall asleep to the water sounds of the sleep learning tape. thank you all for being here and helping me and the other newbies through our first week of AF. It's not so bad and the introspection is an interesting journey. Sweet Dreams. :bedtime:

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                            Hope you're all having a good weekend.. I took a train to the City today (sydney) and walked around 'The Rocks'.. had a good time, though I didn't stay for long as I was on my own and surrounded by families/couples.. made me feel a little bit sad being on my own.. but I was glad to get out and about..
                            Only a couple more hours til i get my little boy back..
                            take care all,
                            Katie x
                            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all...I made this post over on the "What we are listening to" thread. But I really wanted to share it with all of you because I feel so close to you all. So, sorry for the cross posting......and the very long post

I'm sitting at work......all alone. Feeling sad. I just talked to my husband. My son was out with friends last night - drinking, lost his phone (again), drove home sometime during the night (I'm sure he was not completely sober - not drunk, but I'm sure should not have been behind the wheel of the car).
                              I am sitting here replaying my past, blaming myself and am listening to my music. Well, this song came on. Sort of fit the moment. I love Tracy Chapman and I love this song. So, I decided to share.

At This Point In My Life
                              Done so many things wrong I don't know if I can do right
                              Oh I, Oh I've
                              Done so many things wrong I don't know if I can do right

At this point in my life
                              I've done so many things wrong I don't know if I can do right
                              If you put your trust in me I hope I won't let you down
                              If you give me a chance I'll try

You see it's been a hard road the road I'm traveling on
                              And if I take your hand I might lead you down the path to ruin
                              I've had a hard life I'm just saying it so you'll understand
                              That right now, right now, I'm doing the best I can
                              At this point in my life

At this point in my life
                              Although I've mostly walked in the shadows
                              I'm still searching for the light
                              Won't you put your faith in me
                              We both know that's what matters
                              If you give me a chance I'll try

You see I've been climbing stairs but mostly stumbling down
                              I've been reaching high always losing ground
                              You see I've been reaching high but always losing ground
                              You see I've conquered hills but I still have mountains to climb
                              And right now right now I'm doing the best I can
                              At this point in my life

Before we take a step
                              Before we walk down that path
                              Before I make any promises
                              Before you have regrets
                              Before we talk commitment
                              Let me tell you of my past
                              All I've seen and all I've done
                              The things I'd like to forget
                              At this point in my life

At this point in my life
                              I'd like to live as if only love mattered
                              As if redemption was in sight
                              As if the search to live honestly
                              Is all that anyone needs
                              No matter if you find it

You see when I've touched the sky
                              The earth's gravity has pulled me down
                              But now I've reconciled that in this world
                              Birds and angels get the wings to fly
                              If you can believe in this heart of mine
                              If you can give it a try
                              Then I'll reach inside and find and give you
                              All the sweetness that I have
                              At this point in my life

At this point in my life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpA3WDeyzM[/video]]YouTube - Tracy Chapman - At this point in my life
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nora ..thanks
                                goood thoughts as I go to bed'
                                Love you all
                                Mama
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X