Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

lurk right back Jenni, no time like the present time. Hope you are okay.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nester's near and not so far,

Have a good one Fin. Congratulations on 7 days!

Great poem Cowboy.

Happy 200th SL and Rahul!

Congrat's to all for your milestones whatever size or shape they come in.

Take care out there. G

xpost. G'day Ava!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mr G, i am looking at the sun outside my window wishing i was walking around Albert Park oh and maybe contemplate doing some work. Nah, too busy looking out the window! No toupe blowing off your head today thank god!
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1703839 wrote: Off to my first jam AF tonight. Looking forward to ripping it up sober!!

Be good tonight,
          -Fin
          alright Fin, you'll love playing sober, and then there's the waking up part feeling good!!
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow nesters! Just a quick check in before my weekly meeting.....

Kensho - drilling holes in the pics would be easy with a small bit and cordless drill, but if you have a lot to do, a trip to a local welding shop might be in order where they could use a drill press or plasma cutter (for metal pics). The better question is finding a music store with that many pics in stock, or it's going to be a very short skirt lol

Jennie, nice to see you posting, just keep coming back!

To all the rest in the nest, an old English toast for you (non-al of course)....

Here's to good ships and wood ships
            The kind that sail the sea
            But the best ships are friendships
            And may they always be!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1703848 wrote: hi?i am still lurking?..
              Hi, Jennie.

I read a blog post yesterday where the woman wrote that there has to be one thing that makes it worth it to you to quit - no matter what. We can all list the things that will be better (health, looks, relationships, etc.) but we each need to find that one thing about our drinking lives that we no longer can tolerate. What makes us draw the line that no matter what is happening around us or how much we're physically and mentally craving a drink, we don't cross it?

I just found it - she expresses it more clearly: What?s The Deal-Breaker in Your Relationship With Alcohol? |

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love that NS - it never ceases to amaze me just how many other people there are that have the exact same problems and thinking as I do. So sick and tired of saying we'd do it but then not doing it. Wine Witch is right! And I added Beer Bastard in my head to that because of the beer thoughts I had the other day at the ball game. Go away you witch! Get out of here you bastard!!

I will have to think about what my line is/was. I think there was more than one thing and I honestly don't remember what specific event brought me back here this last time. If I had to guess it was a terrible hangover. I will go back and check my posts to see if I talked about anything specific. Also was getting very tired of sneaking out for a quick drink after dropping the kids for their warmups or at the mall or whatever it was - looking around to make sure noone I knew was there - if I was embarassed about doing it, why the hell was I doing it?! I guess my drinking had taken a turn - not just at home anymore but anytime I could get it when I was out, too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Frances!

Thx for the post, NS. Every now and then I run into ghosts from my last drinking days. Like a few weeks ago, finding my daughter's favorite long-missing sports water bottle under my drivers' seat of my car, 1/2 full. Thank heavens I rinsed it out before giving it to her...because the stench of straight vodka filled my kitchen. Straight. Vodka. Did I mention it was under my drivers' seat? This is the umpteenth time I've made a discovery like that since I quit, and each time, my stomach churns and my heart fills with dread and embarrassment... but I also try to force myself to hold onto that sensation, just to keep it real - a reminder of what I never, ever ever want to go back to. Anyone else do that?
                  Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jumping in to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

That's exactly right pepper - never take a step backwards. We have to keep moving forward knowing that if we do we'll will have nothing to regret. We all had to go thru what we went thru to get to where we are now

Good night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

All I have to do is re-play episodes of sneaking around in my head - I can truly feel the tension, shame, and despair that was my daily life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepper
                        I keep the feeling and agony of being hungover very clear. Whilst at a fiddle fest this weekend, I passed by a camp of folks bragging on how much bourbon they'd consumed, blah, blah. Instant reminder of what the next morning would be like for those people, hungover. Don't wish anyone ill, but dern I was glad it was not me.
                        Sam
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. All posts are much appreciated. I know it doesn't seem like I listen, but trust me I do.

Day 1 again for me. I just kept myself super busy...as I did the last time. I hope I can stay motivated to do it again tomr. I have alot of reading back to do, but it'll have to be tomr as I want to get to bed before I do something stupid.

I feel good today....

Thanks everyone!

Love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi friends,

I am closing out day 7 without a drink. Today might have been the hardest so far. I had some troubling things on my mind and really wanted a drink after work. Instead I took a nap. Sleeping is my alternative way of blotting out the world - much healthier though. I ate zero excess sugar today, so yay!!

Well, I'm off to fold a load of laundry and then hit the sack. What an exciting life I lead…

JWP

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in before bed. First night in years that I worked late and didn't lust for AL. In fact, didn't even think about it until I told myself I had better check in to be accountable. Nice.
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

KENSHO;1703739 wrote: I'm currently doing a project designing a dress - our theme is music and we want to make a bodice out of lacquered sheet music, and a skirt out of guitar picks. If any of the music buffs here knows what to use to drill small holes in the guitar picks, I would love to know!

abcowboy;1703862 wrote:

Kensho - drilling holes in the pics would be easy with a small bit and cordless drill, but if you have a lot to do, a trip to a local welding shop might be in order where they could use a drill press or plasma cutter (for metal pics). The better question is finding a music store with that many pics in stock, or it's going to be a very short skirt lol
                                Sorry Kensho, just read back and saw your question that i missed earlier. Cool project. I agree with Cowboy's suggestions. A cordless (battery) drill, small 1 to 2 millimeter drill bit should be close. Nylon pics might be sturdier than plastic ones which may or may not crack under the drill, but you should be okay. Also, pics aren't that cheap over here, but likely much cheaper where you are. Love to see some pics of the finished product sometime if you get the chance! Good luck.

Take care y'all. Buckle up and in. Passing the butt velcro to the................RIGHT!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X