Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Kensho, another thing you could try is a metal skewer or darning needle over flame and melt a hole in the pic.
    Day 4 here and a gorgeous day in Ireland! Having the kids in the house has me absolutely wrecked at the end of the day, which is great for me. The first one arrived early this morning and starts an 11 hour day of entertaining!
    Still a little shaky on the inside after my big bloop, but getting better and no intention of doing that ever again! Going to try and get a bit of exercise squeezed in somewhere.
    Finished the painting for my brother....he had to wait longer because I drank again....everything stops when drinking starts!
    Going to a big outdoor concert on Saturday night. A load of different groups. Looking forward to doing something different. I find this week I am walking straight into the life I want to live. The only thing I won't do is to sit in a pub or friends house where they just drink.....
    Have a great day all!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy, So happy to hear you sounding strong and positive!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Pepper! Yes, I do make myself remember what I had become. I read a post on one crafty mother blog and saved this quote a few months ago: "I force myself to embrace her, hold her close, tell her she's stronger than she knows. Only by staring her in the eyes and reminding myself that she will always reside in me can I remember that she waits for me. Waits for me to think I'm all better, waits for me to feel far enough removed from that day that I can lie to myself, tell myself that I can drink in safety now. That one drink won't lead me right back there. Because it will."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump day

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday - make it a good one

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done on 7 days JWP! Welcome back Sarah... GMAE everyone else. Stay strong and AF.
            “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

JWP;1703917 wrote: Hi friends,

I am closing out day 7 without a drink. Today might have been the hardest so far. I had some troubling things on my mind and really wanted a drink after work. Instead I took a nap. Sleeping is my alternative way of blotting out the world - much healthier though. I ate zero excess sugar today, so yay!!

Well, I'm off to fold a load of laundry and then hit the sack. What an exciting life I lead…

JWP
              Wooot! I finished Day 7 yesterday as well and now on Day 8, wow...this is truly where the good stuff begins. Feeling SO much better thanks to the support here.

Have a great day, all.
              -Fin
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Samstone;1703861 wrote: alright Fin, you'll love playing sober, and then there's the waking up part feeling good!!
                Yes! Woke up at 5:30 AM today feeling the best I've felt in months. Last night was so rewarding. I went to a harmony workshop before the big weekly jam. To my surprise, no one was drinking at the workshop? I would have been. Anyway, we had to break off into duets and trios and stack harmonies for the rest of the group. They coached really connecting with the other singers by focusing on the other person's face, mouth and eyes which isn't really possible on the juice. Sober? Holy shit. It was an incredible (intimate) experience and new friends made and not the drinking kind. Anyway, just a great night AF and morning after to perpetuate the new, healthly and energetic cycle.

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY for you Fin and Daisy, and everyone else! WMM here back signing into the nest. Friday will be 2 weeks since i was let go from my job. I've been drinking every night, very messy, very sad, terrible crying jags..even got drunk at my little girls bday party on Saturday. Thankfully, it wasnt til everyone left ( i think)
                  Havent been very productive thus far.. but i have found My body and mind are sick and tired of drinking and smoking! Today is AF Day 2 for me! AF day 1 seems to be the easiest. I updated my resume yesterday and have put out a couple applications. I'm gonna do this this time!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:l WMM :l Hang in there!

Good to see you Fin! You sound strong, keep it up my friend!!

Hi to all the other Nesties!
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

whitemarshmom;1704061 wrote: YAY for you Fin and Daisy, and everyone else! WMM here back signing into the nest. Friday will be 2 weeks since i was let go from my job. I've been drinking every night, very messy, very sad, terrible crying jags..even got drunk at my little girls bday party on Saturday. Thankfully, it wasnt til everyone left ( i think)
                      Havent been very productive thus far.. but i have found My body and mind are sick and tired of drinking and smoking! Today is AF Day 2 for me! AF day 1 seems to be the easiest. I updated my resume yesterday and have put out a couple applications. I'm gonna do this this time!
                      Hi WMM, so happy to hear you're back on track on Day 2. There's no doubt that the first week is the toughest but as you've heard at least a hundred times, it gets so much easier after 1 week -- that detox period. As Bryd says, view AL as the poison it is. That way you're less likely to fall back into that horrible detox state again. Yuk. Imagine too how much better you'll come across when you start interviewing having put the AL behind you. You'll radiate, etc. Best of luck and know we're pulling for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1704087 wrote: :l WMM :l Hang in there!

Good to see you Fin! You sound strong, keep it up my friend!!

Hi to all the other Nesties!
                        Hi K9! Thanks for the note. Yeah, doing well but need to be careful. It's easy to do this when feeling good, but there will be days when I'm down and that'll be the real test. When this happens, my plan is to get outside for at least a brisk walk to regain perspective, or at least reflect in private on the reasons why AL won't solve any problem I might be facing.

Winter is creeping in here which is also a big test for me. I'm a sun lover. I tolerate the winters and live for the summers around here. That said, my plan for this winter is evolving nicely so that we have more to do on the cold weekends vs. staying home. I just spoke to a good friend this AM who has a condo at one of the major ski areas in CO. We're going to share it this season on weekends which will get me out more vs. counting the hours at home until I can drink myself into oblivion. Spending the $$ on the condo is a reward to myself for getting my shit together. Hell, all the $$ I'll save over the season would probably cover the costs anyway.

Hope all's well with you and your daughter.
                        -Fin

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Gang,
                          Having an email crisis at work...it seems as if I've deleted ALL of my customer files!! I'm not in a hysterical panic, but I'm in the team photo....will check in properly when I get it resolved....xxoo, B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1704116 wrote: Hi Gang,
                            Having an email crisis at work...it seems as if I've deleted ALL of my customer files!! I'm not in a hysterical panic, but I'm in the team photo....will check in properly when I get it resolved....xxoo, B
                            Check your "Deleted Items" folder? Typically that's a recycle area that protects us from ourselves.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hasta Manana! Beautiful fall day here - temps cooler - bright sun, love fall in the Rockies.

FIN, so glad you loved your jam experience without AL. One of the first things I noticed when removing alcohol was that music sounded better to me. Must be something about not being so numb? I've been loving it. And the light change this time of year also seems to get to me - September always gives me a bout of blues at some point. Getting out of bed in the dark feels so hard.

Thanks for the drilling ideas COWBOY, GMAN and DAISY! I have a drill - just probably need the smaller bit. I can buy 100 picks for $10 on ebay - so that's good! They're generic but will work for our needs. I have no clue how to post photos here, but if I learn, I can post a final picture.

FRANCES, your memory about sneaking drinks after dropping kids off brought me back too. You and NS mention "that one thing", and my kids were a major breaking point for me. I saw them wanting more from me, the disappointment from them when I smelled and fell asleep at 8:00 or was grumpy. I NEVER want to put AL before them (or myself) again!

BYRD - so sorry about the files! I did that before a vacation once and had a heart attack upon return. Turned out I had somehow "moved" the entire drawing files to another location (not sure how!). I'm expecting a new MAC computer this week. I've been a PC owner my whole life, and I'm expecting to have to "relearn" so much. Frustrating when thee things don't work smoothly!!

Have a lovely day Nesters. I so appreciate being able to visit here and know I am among friends going through the same things. I owe so much to you all and this site!!!
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all! I am still checking in in the evenings, by the way - just not always having time to post. so the butt velcro is still working.

It's awesome to see so many folks posting here and staying close and working on their quits.

Super congrats to everyone just starting out and/or rounding out their first week!

WMM - So good to see you back, I was hoping you'd poke your head back in!

NS - I love the concept of the dealbreaker. There's a lot of comparisons to bad relationships that really make sense to me as far as AL and that's one of them. It's hard to think to one single thing for me, but I think it might be the loss of faith and pride in myself. Like that last night before I said I was quitting - it wasn't so much that I argued with a friend as I wasn't sure the next morning if I would have done it sober. And no matter how much the argument wasn't a big one...to realize that there were so many things that I couldn't really stand behind anymore was horrible.

I know when I dream about slipping it's usually with huge feelings of guilt about lying and also there's a theme of me not being present for important things because I'd snuck somewhere to have a drink. So I'm guessing that's got to be some of it, too.

Neat thing on dreams though - I dreamed that I slipped by accident last night. Like I picked up a cup and drank not realizing it had AL in it. In the dream I got upset and then I thought to myself, "but I don't have to finish it, I can dump it out." That's...really pretty cool esp since even in the dream that one drink was making me crave more.

Sarah42 - I'm glad you're still reading and so glad you want to give it a try again. Stick close and read what the old timers say - even if you don't think it applies to you. I know that's what got me through my first week or so...and it still helps!

Byrd - Good luck and I hope you can recoer them! I hate that "what did I just do?" feeling. O.o
                                I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                                AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X