Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin, I thought I had copied them all to my desktop...so when I got in this morning, my laptop was CRAWLING....so I thought, heck, I'll just delete that icon and maybe it will speed me up some....so after I deleted that, I deleted my deleted's AND emptied my recycle bin. If I hadn't had a back up, they'd have been gone! I am trying to restore order on my email screen now, but at least I have them back! COME TO MAMA!!! That would have been a disaster!

JWP, congrats on your 7 days!!!!! That's a full moon shine from us!
    :moon:
    Here's to kicking AL's arse for a whole week! You have conquered each day that the week can throw at you and won!!! GREAT going!! Shine on!

Hey K9! GREAT to see you!!

Off to sort! Hugs to all, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

JWP congrats on your 7 days sober, i was stoked when i did 7 days, never did i think i could manage 1 day let alone 7. It gets easier as time goes on and on believe me.

Fin, no one was drinking? Hang onto those friends, the are as scarce as hens teeth, glad you had a wonderful time, that feeling will never leave being sober. I am forever smiling about things i now do sober that i would have been tanked for. So many memories but building so many good ones now.

WWM good work on day 2, what has helped a lot of us stay sober is posting on here daily or more. i know if not for mwo those thoughts of al slowly creep back in after a few sober days and i was back to day 1. when i realised that i needed to be and stay sober then i had to stay accountable and that was by being on here.

Byrd you sound as if you have a wonderful knowledge of computers like i do. Thank god for my 21 year old is all i will say.

Pouring down rain here so will be a good hour and a half drive to work today. a whole 29 kilometres. i just cant figure out how i used to do this drive daily with a hangover or still drunk. Oh yes i do, i used to get into one lane and stay in it until i had to turn off.

Have a great day everyone!
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Checking in. Just hate typing on this dumb phone. Easier for me to read than to participate. Sorry. I need to get more access. I am doing ok but getting nervous with shorter days. Easier to slip into depression. Fin, sounds like you have a plan. That is what I need!! Thank you all for being here for this semi-lurker.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1704171 wrote: Fin, I thought I had copied them all to my desktop...so when I got in this morning, my laptop was CRAWLING....so I thought, heck, I'll just delete that icon and maybe it will speed me up some....so after I deleted that, I deleted my deleted's AND emptied my recycle bin. If I hadn't had a back up, they'd have been gone! I am trying to restore order on my email screen now, but at least I have them back! COME TO MAMA!!! That would have been a disaster!
          This is a good backup testimonial. Good for you!! I'm happy to hear that order has been restored :-)
          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1704185 wrote:
            Fin, no one was drinking? Hang onto those friends, the are as scarce as hens teeth, glad you had a wonderful time, that feeling will never leave being sober. I am forever smiling about things i now do sober that i would have been tanked for. So many memories but building so many good ones now.
            I'm not saying these people don't drink, but they weren't drinking at this workshop which would have been fine if anyone wanted to. If it had been a week ago, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd have been properly lubricated before going through the door with some boosters in my back pocket to keep things rolling. What it pointed out to me is that "normal" drinkers don't need to drink at EVERY opportunity.
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Looking for motivation not to drink? New survey shows equivalent hours of 315 days of life hung-over...nearly a year of your life (this is if you are British, but I’m guessing this is close to universal in any country). Hangovers suck (except maybe that movie).

Survey says Britons spend 315 days hung over
              “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today has been TOUGH! Byrd, hope your right about there not being two bad days together. I've stuck it out and I'll be glad in the morning, but I imagine I've not been much fun to be around today.
                I didn't have signal either so I couldn't even have a read round on here.
                Fin, glad the jam was cool, hope everyone is alright. I'll read back when I've got some food down me and I'm less stressed out.

B.F.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stl, cross post. I reckon that's a pretty conservative estimate as well. I was probably hung over for 315 days last year!

Comment

Newbies Nest

BF- Ha, I think they mean peak hours ...but I hear ya
                    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,
                      Beings sober has taken away a big reason for guilt - AL. This was huge ... But I am again beggining to feel guilty.

I need to set my life straight. Being sober cannot by my justification for all the other mess. I need to straighten out. It's about time. Sleeping on time, being punctual, organized, eating well and most importantly working out and being fit. Badminton is my sport, I love it. I used to pay in morning and drink in evening. When I left AL my sport also went away ... I was too busy reading and working on my recovery at night that playing became second priority. I need to get my act together now.

It is time ....
                      Rahul
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                      Rebooting ... done ...
                      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

How about I post this in the right thread this time? Oops!

Taking a break from autumn cleaning (it's like spring cleaning, only "Oh wow, better do this before it snows!) to mention something satisfying. In a few more weeks I think I'll finally have tossed all my old empty bottles. Or be close to it, anyway. See, I didn't hide full bottles nearly as much as I hid the empties - didn't want anyone knowing how much I went through in a week. So in my logic (ugh) I hid a lot of them and then promised myself I'd take them all to the recycling center "someday." Lots of places to hide when you rent a 4 bedroom basement with a walkin closet in yours. >.< Massive amounts of empty bottles are not light so it's taking time. But every time I get rid of a load I feel good that they're gone AND I'm not replacing them with more.

It's easy for me sometimes to get into a depressing "The hell was wrong with me" mood when I have to tackle things like that. But I've been letting myself feel that so I don't forget and then moving on to "but I'm done with that now," as best I can. I've been tackling my computer/reading room first since I spend the most time in here and it really feels good to look around at it now.
                        I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                        AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you Rahul.

Hang in there Black flag. For me it's important to never forget why i have stopped drinking, and to have my motivating memories/reasons at the forefront of my mind, or a personal 'mission statement'/reasons to quit written down somewhere.

Cool post re your sober music workshop Fin. I need to get along to a few of those for the social aspect mainly (Chics).

Yo Niner!

Hiya LavB. Great work on the clean up!

Have a great MAE everyone. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

rahul it took me nearly 8 months to get my arse into gear and start exercising and still i have to push myself but i feel the benefits in body and mind. I also focused on my sobriety but now i feel its time to add a bit more. it clears my head at the end of a day or if i can manage at lunch time. Its all about the weather really at this time of year but you will feel better. I know i did after i stopped procrastinating and actually did it, now i love my walks and there are some great apps to download onto my iphone to keep me competitive with myself.

Fin, normal drinkers, yes that so wasnt me. I ended up i just stayed at home and drank, misery loves company. It was when my relationships with my children were becoming affected that i knew i had to do something. The majority of my family and friends are normal drinkers and they are shocked when i tell them i used to drink 2 bottles of wine a day, 7 days a week. they never knew i was that bad.
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

LavenderBlue;1704236 wrote: How about I post this in the right thread this time? Oops!

Taking a break from autumn cleaning (it's like spring cleaning, only "Oh wow, better do this before it snows!) to mention something satisfying. In a few more weeks I think I'll finally have tossed all my old empty bottles. Or be close to it, anyway. See, I didn't hide full bottles nearly as much as I hid the empties - didn't want anyone knowing how much I went through in a week. So in my logic (ugh) I hid a lot of them and then promised myself I'd take them all to the recycling center "someday." Lots of places to hide when you rent a 4 bedroom basement with a walkin closet in yours. >.< Massive amounts of empty bottles are not light so it's taking time. But every time I get rid of a load I feel good that they're gone AND I'm not replacing them with more.

It's easy for me sometimes to get into a depressing "The hell was wrong with me" mood when I have to tackle things like that. But I've been letting myself feel that so I don't forget and then moving on to "but I'm done with that now," as best I can. I've been tackling my computer/reading room first since I spend the most time in here and it really feels good to look around at it now.
                              LavBlue, my hubs goes out of town once or twice a month so that is when I used to clean out my empties. I used the One liter boxes of wine and one time I had 37 empties to remove. I was appalled, it hadnt even been a whole month! But even THAT didnt stop me from drinking. I thought, WHAT the hell am I doing to my liver? I was so disgusted at what I had become. It is a new life now, free of all the hiding!

Also, your earlier message reminded me that part of my plan includes the accidental sip clause. If I were to take a sip of something by accident, I am going to spit it (discreetly) back in the glass. Id rather be viewed as rude or uncouth than damage my quit. Shoring up that part of my plan gave me a good bit of comfort!

Yoga, please do try and find a way to participate in the discussions. Being engaged here makes you have some skin in the game, more accountability. It really helps! Getting it out of your head and onto paper makes it more real. Pulling for you!

Hope everyone has an easy night!! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

blackflag;1704209 wrote: Today has been TOUGH! Byrd, hope your right about there not being two bad days together. I've stuck it out and I'll be glad in the morning, but I imagine I've not been much fun to be around today.
                                I didn't have signal either so I couldn't even have a read round on here.
                                Fin, glad the jam was cool, hope everyone is alright. I'll read back when I've got some food down me and I'm less stressed out.

B.F.
                                Bank on it, tomorrow will be much better. Once you have conquered a bad day it really builds those AF muscles. Its a great sense of accomplishment. So glad you made it! Xo
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X