Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

i had poor sleep for only about a week, so who knows? i do know that whatever sleep i got, i felt one hell of a lot better than when i woke up after being passed out longer on alcohol. keep at it sarah!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think I will just press thru. I'm too worked up with the Pres speech tonight that even a sleeping pill won't work. I'll just press thru and do my errands with eyelids half open. I'll just try to rest. Thanks guys.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sarah, great to see you getting started. The first week is defo eyes half open but it will even out.....you will sleep deeper and better than ever once the poison leaves your system.
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh..I hope so Daisy. Goodnight! I gotta turn the TV off and just try to sleep. Thanks.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Remembering the events of 9-11 today.
            Our problems seem quite small in comparison!

Wishing everyone a strong AF Thursday!
            Glad to see you getting started Sarah.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think we all need some humour this morning.

Here is an appropriate one given the latest Apple announcement. It is for all you Apple fan boys and girls out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGIn9bpALo

AK
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

GMAE all. A moment of silence for 9/11 is at 8:46 EST for those watching (like in 5 mins..but continues through 12:30ish). Regarding the sleeplessness, I think it is worse the more you drank at night and if you used it as an aid to get to sleep. I still have troubles myself...there is a good study on this in the link below. Stay strong today everyone.

Sleep Problems in Recovering Alcoholics
                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. Thanks for the stats byrdie. I needed to see that. I think part of the problem is that at some deep down level there are so many AF people in my life I can't stand. I tend to like the drinkers more. Sad, huh. You all are the nicest AF and AF wannabees that I know. I get so sick of some of my relatives blaming every ill in the world on AL and if only everyone was as superior as they are....... yes, 9/11 today. Hard to believe it was that long ago. Well, off to get some work done here. Looks like it might be a rainy day here. Thank you all for being here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning fellow nesters!

And to my friends south of the border, 9-11 will be a day forever etched in everyone's mind! I'll wager that most everyone on MWO remembers exactly where they were and what time it was when they heard and saw the newscasts of what transpired on the fateful day.....it truly was a day that affected everyone around the world!

And so as we each go through our day, as Lav said, let's remember all those who gave up so much and those that continue to give so that we can enjoy freedom and have the right to make our own decisions, it is humbling to me.....try to count the blessings we have, let those blessings strengthen us to carry on our own battles with the determination to never give up hope that the future will always be brighter....

http://youtu.be/tj_sYzLgq88[/video]]9/11 - I Will Remember You - YouTube
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Amen to that Cowboy....hard to believe it was 13 years ago....because it seems like yesterday.

Yoga, you are so right, ArseHoles know no boundaries, there are sober ones, drunk ones, brown, white, yellow and red ones. Getting the distance from AL helps you sort them out a little better, it is amazing what I would TOLERATE just so I could drink with others who drank and didn't judge. UGG. My A-Hole-O-Meter works a lot better now.

I think I've got my emails all sorted out, now I just got a call that I'm getting a new computer~! THIS should be interesting!! Going from XP to Windows 8! Wish me luck!!! Have a great AF day eva'body! Byrdie

Edti to add, GREAT JOB on Day 2 Sarah!!!! Hold on!
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

2nd moment of silence on TV now...Hmmm....I was just searching E-bay for a quality A-Hole-O-Meter and there is nothing there...I suppose they may be out of stock right now due to demand. Seems like a good opportunity for Apple actually... maybe an app on their new watch?
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, All -

Well, another Back to School night down last night. I can't believe I use to attend those buzzed. It was a real delicate balance in the past. Have 2 - 3 beers, but not 4 as that'd be too much. I always worried about people smelling the AL on me, or just noticing I was a little juiced. I'm SURE people knew, but I pretended they didn't with my Trident gum and bottle of water to dilute the poison. I'm so ashamed of that. Shame is a mighty powerful motivator, that's for sure. Anyway, hitting the last two Back to School nights over the past two weeks 100% bright and sober has been great. Strangely there is a stronger sense of relaxation that comes not worrying about getting busted vs. what we might have thought we were getting from the AL bottles we coveted!

Thought and prayers out to the good people doing important work here in the nest and to all those directly touched by the events of 9/11.

Respectfully yours,
                          Fin
                          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning from the great state of Texas!
                            Hope all is well on the anniversary of a day we all know to well.
                            Never Forget!
                            AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! Gah, my sleep schedule is still wonky. And thank you Kensho - it is a big day (for my numbers, just to be clear to those wondering) and would have been nice to be up sooner! xD I'm wondering how much of that is leftover habit at this point, though - I've always been a night person but it did get worse while drinking since I was "left alone" late at night. Could be I need to get used to not "needing" that alone time so much.

Byrd - I always planned to get rid of mine the times I had the house to myself, too - but they built up too fast, plus whenever I had the house to myself I drank even more so I didn't care. Even though I always swore I wouldn't, of course! Glad that weird dream of mine helped, though. And I truly value that post from Kuya that you dug up, thank you so much for finding it for us!

Yoga - I agree, posting here really helps for accountability. I know that word sounds kind of scary (or did to me), but it's in a good way. "I'm not alone, people understand and are pulling for me to do this." And the nights it's hard, there's folks here to share their strength. :h

STL - I'll have to check out that link, that was timely! It's one of the things I really love here; how often someone posts something that relates to me even if I wasn't the one they're talking to.

Good thoughts to all the Nesters and especially everyone struggling today, specifically. It's crazy how much time goes by - 13 years ago I was literally in the middle of processing to go to Basic Training. (they sent us all home for a week)
                              I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                              AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

No prob LavB and congrats on the big 30 days! Here's to many more....

STL

Comment

Working...
                                X