Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin;n2510862 wrote: Two weeks down and feeling the relapse coming. Must...Stay...Strong. AL is NOT an option anymore. I don't want to go back to Day 1...ever. The little voice is back trying to negotiate. Shut the f up.
    Fin, Following is a resource RJ posted recently. The explanation of what happens in the addicted brain blew me away, and my cravings have lost much power as a result. Maybe it will help you too. Link to what I watched is in blue.

"Another powerful resource in my collection these days; a DVD called “Pleasures Unwoven” by Kevin McCauley, MD. You can order it online but for a free version of a similar talk, visit Dr. MCCauley’s keynote address at an addiction conference, available on Yutube."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pie;n2510873 wrote:

Fin, Following is a resource RJ posted recently. The explanation of what happens in the addicted brain blew me away, and my cravings have lost much power as a result. Maybe it will help you too. Link to what I watched is in blue.

"Another powerful resource in my collection these days; a DVD called “Pleasures Unwoven” by Kevin McCauley, MD. You can order it online but for a free version of a similar talk, visit Dr. MCCauley’s keynote address at an addiction conference, available on Yutube."
      Wow, Pie. Thanks for that piece. I just watched the 1:12 min presentation. Very-very good info in terms of better understanding what's going on with our brains. Thank you!! Feeling committed once again to rebuilding the mid brain and resetting the dopamine threshold.
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavb if i felt i could not deal with it, i walked away from it for the time being. I just say to people that i cant deal with this at the moment and if they ask why just say you cant. Stress is not good for us drinkers especially when we are still learning to deal with life sober. I still hate thinking i am letting people down and i need to help but at the end of the day i need to focus on myself and then i will be able to focus on the other crap. If he is a friend he should understand and if you stay away for a bit that is okay.

Fin why do you want to drink? what will it give you that you are starting to achieve now? Al is not an option so pull out all that grit and determination you have and use the farking stuff. Honestly who wants to drink again? What is that bad that you want a drink? Why do you want to go back to the hell you were living 2 weeks ago? Think of al as a toddler having a tantrum which is what it is like. it goes on and on and on and never stops. I know i never gave into my children when they were having a tantrum. Be buggered if i was going to let them have their way. I was the boss and that is what you are also. Do not get the "fark its", do everything in your power to say no. You will regret drinking, you will never regret saying no to al. keep on here and keep reading and posting. watch some docos on alcoholism on youtube. these thoughts will go but at the end of the day it will be your strength and determination to turn away and say no and you can do this Fin.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;n2510941 wrote:

Fin why do you want to drink? what will it give you that you are starting to achieve now? Al is not an option so pull out all that grit and determination you have and use the farking stuff. Honestly who wants to drink again? What is that bad that you want a drink? Why do you want to go back to the hell you were living 2 weeks ago? Think of al as a toddler having a tantrum which is what it is like. it goes on and on and on and never stops. I know i never gave into my children when they were having a tantrum. Be buggered if i was going to let them have their way. I was the boss and that is what you are also. Do not get the "fark its", do everything in your power to say no. You will regret drinking, you will never regret saying no to al. keep on here and keep reading and posting. watch some docos on alcoholism on youtube. these thoughts will go but at the end of the day it will be your strength and determination to turn away and say no and you can do this Fin.
          According to that video presentation, ?Pleasures Unwoven? by Kevin McCauley, MD (keynote address), that Pie shared my mid brain took over! When that happens, the frontal cortex shuts down. There's no reasoning to be had. Slowly I brought awareness back to what was really happening and the cravings stopped. Whoa...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nester's near and not so far.

Day 50 today (wednesday morning) and feeling grand. I wasn't feeling that grand yesterday though, but i pushed through. I will continue to push through the fog until it clears, one day at a time. I also need to lift my game in the gratitude area. Today i am very grateful for my sobriety, my good health, my mobility, reasonably agile mind, my friends here and elsewhere, and musical gift.

It has been crucial for me to educate myself on my relationship with booze and what's happening chemically within. It's a big help understanding where cravings are coming from and why.

My only way out is through. Stay positive y'all. Passing the butt velcro to the.................................left. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great work Fin just keep plodding along you can and will get there!

Mr G big congrats on 50 days, the best is yet to come. We are a work in progress with al but each day sober is a great day. Somedays i wasnt grateful for a damn thing in the early days but now as time has gone on i am so totally grateful it makes me smile to think of how far i have come and what i have done sober and it sure beats being drunk and hating myself. Have a happy day Mr G you deserve it and more.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go on 50, Guitarista! I've got another jam night tonight. I will NOT drink. Day 15 here I come...
                Have a great AF night, all.

Being good,
                -Fin

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ava and Fin.

Right on Ava.

Break a string Fin! You're rawkin it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, congratulations on your 2000 days! Amazing!

Fin congrats on your 50!

We are lucky to have you both!
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feeling a little lost but here goes! 2000 days eh Lav! You rock, and thanks for always being here to help.
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there Nesters!!!!
                        I haven't been able to log in to the nest since Sunday - hope everyone is OK!!!!

My 2000th AF day is almost over & I am a happy camper
                        Thanks for the Congrats everyone!
                        Trust me when I say - if I can do this, all of you can too!

G, great on 50

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone! I've missed coming here! Before I forger, sincere congrats to LAVANDE for 2000 days of sobriety. Thank you for all your tough love and support to this forum!
                          Look forward to reading back a bit, and I hope everyone has had a sober two days. Mine were very hard. Have a great night!
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

And Byrdie - Glad you found your way back!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;n2511047 wrote:

Lav - SO HAPPY for you and your 2,000 days. You have helped so many people along the way, myself included. Thanks for everything, and here's to the next 2,000.

Mr. G - 50 is AMAZING. You are so positive, healthy and funny - why in the world would you add alcohol to that mix to f it up? You know what to do - keep your focus, practice gratitude, and let us know how we can help.
                              xo
                              Pav
                              Thanks Pavi! Indeed.

Lav, Lav, Lav! Happy 2000th! Got so caught up in ME, i almost forgot.

Thanks for being here and just being you. Here's to the next 2000 and beyond!. Love ya friend. :h

Pull up a twig Nester's,

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Lav, congratulations! Your wisdom and consistent presence here is always motivating and inspiring to me!!

Comment

Working...
                                X