Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie- I think you may have a problem. Luckily, its a good problem that seems pretty harmless, so here's to more liking, :banana:
    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, Do we need to find you a twelve step program for that?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I 'like' byrdie's newfound compulsion and I also 'like' the reward system MWO put in place for good advisors (I.e. gotta earn it)
        Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
        I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys- it is 1:30 am here in the netherlands and I finally have the option to write something.
          I just dont understand? I Totally miss eveyone and just reading doesnt cut the mustard. Thank god I am far enough into this quit to feel strong.
          Just missing everyone and sleepy. Maybe to day will be the day the site starts working for me?
          Xx to all!
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Newbies Nest

Let's contact the administrator and get all the like buttons out of your space. We're here for you lol!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;n2513807 wrote: My name is Byrdlady and I have developed a serious LIKE button issue. I can't stop liking eva'body's posts. I go around the whole site just LIKE'ing things. Why? Because I can! I know I should stop, but it's hard to control.... Sorry. B
              I dont see a like option at all (am going to be happy I can make comments tonight though).

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Had a good 4 1/2 hrs alone with my younger grandson today. He's much better behaved it seems when his older brother is in school :H
                I also got the 'all clear' from the Podiatrist this afternoon - my broken foot is now history - yay! Yes, it has been an exciting summer

Eloise, I am able to write posts but I still can't get the Private Messages working 7 I DON'T HAVE A LIKE BUTTON like Byrdie :H
                I guess we need to remain patient a while longer!

Dave - just wondering - your ex doesn't work? Is that possibly her justification in home schooling the boys?
                Believe me there were times when I wanted to pull my son out of the public school system but I was working full time & just didn't want the responsibility of trying to teach him too.

LavB, QuitNet was a big help for me. Lots of support & info there too!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. It's going down to 42 degrees tonight - nice

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Elo! A bunch of us got muzzled! So glad to see you now!
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roadside, i saw that somewhere, but i cant find it now (earning the like button). Do you know what the bars are under our avatars? Thanks!!,
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

So tired, so scared, so broken. Hopeless. What are my chances this does not kill me.....slim to none. :upset:
                      We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
                      ~Albert Einstein quote

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya All! I hope everyone had a good day. I am finding less time to check in as I try to catch up on the stacks of work. One thing at a time. Just like one day at a time. Just like one mile at a time (loved that bike ride analogy!)

Cherokeer - I caught something you posted about feeling "guilty that you might be the cause of others' drinking". I don't know if you meant to say that, but please don't put anyone else's habits on you. Just as no one forced you to drink, you could never possibly cause anyone else to drink (unless you are much bigger and stronger than I'm imagining you to be!)

Frances - I re-read posts last night from the weekend, and I am so very glad my situation happened to help you. It's so easy to get trapped into thinking that there are certain events that we "really have to drink at", when there is really NO reason, ever. I was so pleased that you did what you needed to do for you!!

LAVB - shout out to you? great job working on the cig. quit! I sense someone who is so strong, and so ready for a healthy and happy life. Good on you!!

I couldn't really have had a better birthday. I am in the midst of a lot of stress with work overload, but this is just how it is. What I noticed tonight, as my daughter whined and was difficult (typical), was that I was patient with her. I was able to calm her down, de-escalate her, and be nurturing. I laid with her before bed and felt so grateful to be just "me" - free of altering substances - and be what she needed. It wasn't easy, but life never is. I have been having visions of what I used to be like - irritable and no patience. I feel like a different person.

And now I sit with piles of work items to try and dent - and I feel okay with it. One thing at a time. I also scheduled an appt. with a counselor this week to begin discussing the things that I now have to face - that I previously numbed?.. my relationship with husband, my constant feeling of overwhelm & racing mind, my anxiety? etc. I'm hoping a few sessions might shed some light on how to best deal with the things that drove me to drink!

Quit? Done. Now, on to the fixing.

Have a great night All. :h
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest:

I replied to your other thread, Tahiti. If you quit drinking now, the chances are quite high that you won't die from this (as long as you are quitting safely). Get all the help you need to QUIT now. You can do this.

Ava - those can't be bitch bars because NS has them, too. :teeterOoh, I found the emoticons).

LavB - Excellent solution - leave the house. That's another way of finding balance and saying no when necessary.

Kensho - I had a moment like that tonight - so happy to be there for my kid doing the homework, watching baseball and - of all things - putting on wart medicine. All special moments in their own way, especially with the clarity that I now have.

Off to bed. Happy Monday night. Butt velcro - passing left.

Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

okay... it's working today. Whoopie! Maybe this problem has solved itself?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' Nesters

Well the site didnt load when I woke up at 5am..finally got on but its Very slow. Oh and it shows everyone is logged in right now lol. Now there is a constant "Working..." yellow box up top. Probably should come back later..

Tatahi..hang in there. You should have seen me on my 3rd day..holy crap I thought I was gonna loose it. Actually I think I did. At first I tried to control things..like sleeping,eating..etc. Then I just took a back seat and went along for the ride. Slept when I wanted..ate as much as I could..and drank lots of water. I hope your feeling better now.

Gonna hop into the shower and get a jump on today. Keep warm. Oh..speaking of warm..apparently this state of the art heater for my waterbed takes 3 friggin days to get up to temp. Meh..
                              Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                              AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

There's definitely a chill in the air - nice!

Dave, I think I could use a chilled water bed to relieve the nighttime hot flashes that keep waking me :H

Hello & welcome Tatahi, glad you decided to join us!
                                The first few days are the hardest but once they're over you'll wonder why you ever you ever waited so long to get started
                                If you need medical help be sure to get it to be safe. Visit our Tool box to find ideas to help you put your plan together. Take special care of yourself & stay connected with us.

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X