Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oen, you are doing great! Of course a glass of wine sounds good, but so does a million dollars and I cant have that either! I found that I just had to shift my thinking from deprivation to gratitude. We are CHOOSING to he sober and this is what it takes to accomplish that. Keep up the great work! So many folks swear by those hypno CD's and L -glut, so I dont think you can go wrong trying both! Hang in there!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks: Byrdlady! You're right. I definitely need to change my mindset. It all seems really big in the beginning, like how am I gonna do this? And then I look at all these phenomenal people, and think well there's rooms full of people doing it, and for how many years combined? I can do it too. Also, how cool are the smilies?
      :disco:

Comment

Newbies Nest

You can have the smileys if I can have the LIKE button!
        I believe something so strongly I put it in my signature line.....all you gotta do, is get thru this day! Hang on! Thats just how its done!
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Nest:

I had a lusty moment tonight - as usual a Facebook post - an outdoor sushi dinner with a dewy bottle of sake. I had one "wow" and then realized I don't even like cold sake, and I don't even want alcohol. And one drink isn't going to do it either. And if only one, why not none. Thankfully, all of that thinking happens in about a nano second these days, and I'm on to the next thing. I had a stressful day with my mom and dad - after work trip to the doc about a recent surgery. All ok, but changed my plans and required texting dinner instructions to my kids.

Lav - I don't have any bitch bars, either, but I notice NS does - she must have a secret life as a bitch that we don't know about. I do believe Byrdie and Ava have earned theirs fair and square. :l

Everyone seems to be doing well. We're missing a couple - hope everyone's ok and finding their way around this new site!

Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope your night was better than your day Ava and Byrdie! I'm just checking in for the evening. I am so glad I am not drinking! Really feels good. PAVATI, I was thinking the same thing about my weekend "desire" for that ONE silly drink. Like that would have satisfied me at all! HA! So stupid - that voice.

I can tell you a much better way to spend your money than alcohol… you can get a pretty good spa package with the amount I used to spend. Sooooooooo much more rewarding too! What a lovely way to have a treat.

Keep up the fight everyone. It is worth every struggle, even if you don't realize it at the time!

Hope you all get some sleep. Yes, that means you too, LAVB
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Bitch bars".....Hahaha... I agree with Pav - Byrd and Ava I get, but what did NS ever do? :H (just trying out my cool new smiley faces) I adore and am grateful for all of you, whether you have an abundance of bars or not!

Hi all, am just quickly checking in.

Byrd, thank you, thank you for the award last week!! I nearly missed that, but Ava pointed me in the right direction, so huge thanks to Ava! I missed a ton, I think, and will try to catch up. Welcome to all new folks - this is a wonderful community! I was a bit frustrated with the tech changes and waited it out awhile, and didn't check in last week as often as I usually do. When I realized today that not checking in had begun to feel more normal to me, I knew that was a red flag and needed to get my butt back here. Complacency is the enemy, and I need to keep reminding myself of that for the rest of my life.

Also Byrd --- I just figured out tonight how to reply to a PM, which you were asking about earlier - after you open it in your inbox, you need to click on the subject matter name (not the sender's name) of the post versus anything else that I was clicking on (which was everything) in order to bring up a reply box. Also you have to actually be in your Inbox, versus the "Inbox Preview"That only took me since the site changed to figure out tonight!

I hope everyone is well - goodnight and sweet dreams to those on their way out of consciousness, and good morning to everyone just waking up! Have a wonderful, AF week all.
              Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Control and + just worked on my PC. Thanks, Fly!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm pretty sure I am retarded. My avatar changes in my profile but it doesn't cross over.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Test, again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

AARG! I have changed my avatar in the profile but its not crossing over. Poke me in the eye.

Comment

Newbies Nest

AARG! I have changed my avatar in the profile but its not crossing over. Poke me in the eye.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

test

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am still trying to change my avatar. Anyone still having problems? I pick my avatar and hit continue, nothing happens or it changes it in my profile then when I post it is still not changed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Hump day to all
                                Looks like a lot of rain is on the way tonight, oh well.
                                Still no bitch bars here :H

Oen, hang in there. A few days of discomfort is a small price to pay for the wonderful & free life just ahead

Greetings Pav, Kensho, Pepper & Jane & everyone!

Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X