Clear All

Newbies Nest

Keep that up and you'll get them!
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

How in the H. E. Double Hockeysticks do you know these things??
      Are you available by phone? 1-800- Help-a-nut
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've had it with technology!
        Sure, it was fun while it lasted, but it's just getting out of hand now! :H

I will figure it out in time, but I get frustrated when I am trying to get stuff done for work (did I mention a new computer and operating system on that?????) and then trying to sneak over here and hitting the wall. If I had time to 'play' with it, I might be more forgiving, but for now I'm just aggravated (thus, the Bi*ch Bars!!!) Maybe they are Mood Bars???

Otherwise, all good over here. I have my physical this afternoon, but already got the blood work (which I used to DREAD) but everything is right where it belongs! It sure it nice to be telling the truth on the medical history form that I NEVER drink Alcohol!

Hope everyone is hanging in there! Great to see the new faces, Oen, Tatahi, you will be old timers around here before you know it. One day at a time is how we all did it. Hugs to all, Byrdie
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, look at her date starting with October 15 AF.....it is microscopic! (please tell me it's microscopic....)
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Friends,

Cherokeer, In case you missed it, Jane27 posted an excellent tutorial on avatars under her thread "How to do stuff on MWO" It is in the General discussion section of the forums.

Oenophile, welcome and congratulations on day 2. The more times that you repeat an AF day, the stronger you will get. It is just like starting out excercising. At first everything is really hard, and everything aches afterwards. If you stick with it, you start feeling better. Eventually, the excercise is not tiring at all, you feel strong while doing it and recharged afterward. AF life is really like this. You will eventually be able to dismiss drinking thoughts with a disinterested wave of your hand (this post may contain partial hyperbole!). The point is that it REALLY does get easier, much easier.

Byrdie, I got your Clampets reference! That makes me feel old! I used to watch that in the morning (on reruns) with my breakfast cereal as a kid. I'm not the IT guy either, so I really appreciate everyone posting "how to" for the simple stuff.

I'm going to take the kid and dog for a beautiful woods walk now! Have a great AF day!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

It seems like some people see the signature lines and some don't. I do (but many of them are a MESS )

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone. Those red bars are sure a mystery, eh Byrdie? Well, it is a beautiful day here in Alberta and I am totally enjoying it. It was around 55F or 13C this am riding to work and SO beautiful. Pretty soon it will be below 0 so I am totally enjoying every minute of it. I can do that because I am SOBER!! Thank goodness!

LavB- Wish you the best on quitting smoking. I listened to a Doctor on the radio yesterday and he said he quit smoking by doing 2 things (this can help with not drinking AL also) 1. he associated drinking with a visual memory such as seeing a man with cancer and his throat opened up for surgery which was caused due to smoking. 2. He associated drinking with a physical sensation. Everytime he wanted to smoke he would breathe in a bag he had filled full of old cigarettes and the smell was terrible. He said this helped his brain associate smoking with something negative and helped him to quit.

I am thinking of how to use this same technique with not drinking. 1. associate drinking with me blacking out and staggering all over 2. I am not sure about this one. Any ideas? A physical sensation resulting from drinking? Maybe the smell of vomit or stale beer? Not sure.

Keep sober everyone!
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;n2514478 wrote: Good morning Nesters
                  I Really..REALLY miss the "Multi-Quote" button . I used that to keep track of all the post I wanted to comment on. I realize that using the comment button would suffice..but Im not sure how I feel about that function yet. Sure its kinda cool and all..but it seems to make you back track to the post to see if the conversation continued. The OP would also have to keep watch over his/her posts.. Hmm.. Bring back MQ Pleease..
                  It is explained here, Gambler: https://www.mywayout.org/community/fo...41#post2514541.

I agree that the comments are problematic - there is no way to be sure the original poster (or others) will see them. I usually start with the first unread post in a thread so I'm sure I'm missing comments made on posts after I read them.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;n2514545 wrote:

It is explained here, Gambler: https://www.mywayout.org/community/fo...41#post2514541.

I agree that the comments are problematic - there is no way to be sure the original poster (or others) will see them. I usually start with the first unread post in a thread
                    so I'm sure I'm missing comments made on posts after I read them.
                    ah, another 'how do you do that on this site?' comment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

When you go to a post through your subscription list by selecting Go To Post, you go to that post, which typically is the last one. (I guess you might need to scroll up and see if there were any you'd missed). You go directly to the specific post through your NOTIFICATIONS PREVIEW, also. (At least I do -- I realize this site performs differently for different people...).

Comment

Newbies Nest

You can quote in one thread (don't post but copy the quote as shown with the coding) and then paste it into the reply screen of a different thread. When I was here earlier this morning, a whole bunch of posts were not here that have subsequently appeared (???), including FlyAway's explanation. I typed it out in your HowTo thread, which is the link I posted below for Gambler. This place is not LINEAR!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

head scratchy smilie.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roxane, I usually go to Just Starting Out, then where it lists the thread titles, there is a little blue circle with two downward pointing triangles. If I click that, it brings me back to where I left off. That seems to work for me.
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

The bar meter quite possibly could be a Measure of Bad Ass?
                              Hence I have ZERO...
                              AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone;n2514593 wrote: Roxane, I usually go to Just Starting Out, then where it lists the thread titles, there is a little blue circle with two downward pointing triangles. If I click that, it brings me back to where I left off. That seems to work for me.
                                thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X