Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

If you run your photos through tinypic.com, you can select the size you want and it gives you the URL to copy/paste.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Huh? I was wondering how you could make them smaller after the fact! thank you!
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elo, my font is just fine on my other websites on the Ipad, just the fonts on this site are tiny.
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie- Congrats on your 6000th post. I haven’t read them all, but the ones I did have been top notch. Since you are the PP, not sure if this warrants a dancing bouncing icon, but I’m sure there is something that fits the situation. Good to see everyone working through the technical obstacle course as well.
          “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you STL! I am full of something! I hope we get all the kinks worked out, too! Keep up the great work!!! B
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to say hi and I am trying yo figure this new forum out. I usually ask the kids for help. anyway, But the good news is I am AF on couch and too dang tired to get up and get a drink if I wanted it. Goodnight all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just took me ages to read all of today's posts - busy place but that's a good thing

Dave, aside from your ex's behavior, etc I think I would be concerned about the boys actually getting an adequate education. Are they following up with state requirements for their grade levels & all that? I hope it all works out for all of you

Fly - that message under the bitch bars is awesome - I never would have known! How the heck did you notice that???
                I just realized that I don't see my signature line anymore or anyone else's for that matter. Too much confusion for my granny brain :H

Narilly, great to see you!
                Have you ever used the Hypno CDs? They honestly helped me & I highly recommend them if you want assistance in changing your thinking.

Yogamom. glad to see you are AF today. Have you actually written a plan? We all need a good working plan

Hello to everyone who stopped by today. Sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all. I have Stella & the girls tucked in safely for tomorrow's nor'easter that's due to bring 2+ inches of rain & high winds tomorrow - swell.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

So, I feel like I should have some :biatch: bars, I'm pretty grumpy. Kids and hubby testing me, Day 3 AF. Cravings are happening, I bought some glutamine and evening primrose oil today. Maybe I just need :naughtfeet:...wish me luck

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, All:

Gambler - we're glad you're back, too!

gambler;n2514659 wrote:
                    Unfortunately I have to cut this short due to one of my clients is trying to call me..
                    I like the "short" posts. Heh.

I think we might all see different things. I have heard references to people's signatures, but I don't see any. I assume I can't see the like button because I'm not a subscriber, but does everyone see the signature lines? I have no problems with the threads, although there is some weird overlapping advertisement on the right side.

Anyway - not much to say. Dinner with a good friend whose dad relapsed on pain pills this weekend. As she pointed out, he wasn't using, but he wasn't focusing on staying sober, either. The more I read the more I am convinced that participating in staying sober in a meaningful way EVERY DAY is going to be key for my never picking up a drink again. It seems daunting, but not if I say for today I will focus on not drinking. And not if I compare it to the alternative - drinking again. Now THAT seems daunting.

Good on you for quitting the smokes, LavB.

G'night, folks.

Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gambler: thanks for your comment about font size, but for the iPad the font adjustment code has to come from the side of the website. I adjusted my setting to ultra large font when possible. I guess no more reading here in bed at night.
                      I this rate I am sure to go blind.
                      Being the eternal optimist I am going to focus on the fact that I can at least post now!
                      Looks like folks are doing great, maybe hanging in a bit better than me in figuring this all out.
                      My guess is most of the importany stuff RJ will sort on their site. Happy AF Thursday folks!
                      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matt M.;n2514606 wrote: The bar meter quite possibly could be a Measure of Bad Ass?
                        Hence I have ZERO...
                        I think you are right Matt! I have been a bit mia BUT have seen how great you are doing and am so pleased for you!
                        Makes a world of difference huh?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh whoops - u are not a zero! I misinterpreted your post... Please dont get me wrong! You ARE doing magically!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rise and shine nesters and nestettes . Wow..I plucked my first worm at 4:30 this morning lol.

Byrdlady;n2514684 wrote: I was trying to upload a photo of my doggie, but all my files exceed the limit....not my day for computers.
                            Hey Birdy..give this image resizer a try http://adionsoft.net/fastimageresize/ I know you have an ipad but its for mac and pc..so you should be able to use it and transfer to your pad thing. Meh..if you cant use it maybe other members can.

Yogamom;n2514755 wrote: Just wanted to say hi and I am trying yo figure this new forum out.
                            Looks like you found the "post reply" button so you're golden . I mean really..thats all we need right ? Yea sure..there's the comment button..avitars..sigs..like button..newest greatest posts and the infamous "prick bars" ( Hey..im all about mens lib and equality here ! ) but really when it boils down to is just being able to read and post is all we are about eh ? Glad to see you staying on track no matter what the reason.

Lavande;n2514775 wrote: Dave, aside from your ex's behavior, etc I think I would be concerned about the boys actually getting an adequate education. Are they following up with state requirements for their grade levels & all that? I hope it all works out for all of you
                            I have no friggin clue how they're doing as far as grade level or even 'test results'. I had previously told her I would like to be in the loop as far as tests and subject matter..but I guess I'll have to dog her on that. From what I hear..basically..the kids get homework and go do it..then when its done either grandma looks it over or it waits till mom gets home. No interaction..just go do it and tell me when its done. When thats done..grandma makes them clean the house. Yea..I can hear all the piddle paddle, laughing and playing from slew of kids from here ( sarcasm off )

Oenophile;n2514814 wrote:
                            Maybe I just need :naughtfeet:...wish me luck
                            Erm..Oeno..its us Guys that get Lucky..and um..well..girls just get laid .. but here's a little luck thrown your way just in case your not talking about kickin heels..

Pavati;n2514832 wrote:
                            I have no problems with the threads, although there is some weird overlapping advertisement on the right side.
                            Hey Pav..I use firefox and only get an add on the main page. And It might be that some users have the sigs turned off ?

Eloise;n2514859 wrote:
                            Gambler: thanks for your comment about font size, but for the iPad the font adjustment code has to come from the side of the website. I adjusted my setting to ultra large font when possible. I guess no more reading here in bed at night.
                            I this rate I am sure to go blind.
                            So even if you used a browser like "Dolphin" it wont let you change the text/screen size ? .. thats messed up. Hell I can bring the forums up on my phone ( turned sideways ) and zoom in enough to read in bed. Yea it takes more scrolling but it works. Ok..here's an idea. Can you just copy and paste the text to another app just for reading ? Meh..we'll figure this one out..cant have peeps not reading because of a few stupid programmers.

Well yet again Im gonna try to get another early jump on todays work. Its my day with the boys..so being able to pick them up as early as possible is preferred ( although I guess Im gonna have to wait till someone checks their math or some other lame excuse ). Im really looking forward to watching how blown away they are going to be with a king size waterbed sitting in the living room .

Oh..and that client that called yesterday..I have a meeting with him today to discuss a rather large project that would happen over the winter. So I might not be cooking this season after all. There is No doubt I can get this guy to sign off. I will update you all with the good news later.

Until then..Enjoy..

Dave
                            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                            AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pine, I followed it to the "T" and it still won't work. I give up. I'm Cherokee no face.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Coffee for everyone on this rain soaked Thursday

Dave, good luck with the new client - sounds like $$!!!!

Great on your day 3 Oen! Keep the focus on yourself, don't worry about everyone else for a while - they'll be OK.

Greetings to everyone Have a great AF Thursday one & all.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X