Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It is pretty easy to make threads on that temporary site. I made 3 under General: Newbies Nest, Roll Call, and Loamers. Home away from home next week .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
      Well, Mr. G, I believe today is YOUR big day as well! Methinks this is your day 60! We would like to congratulate you on this fine pair!!! (of months)
      I usually award the :bust: for this milestone (we do not have the male equivalent of that in our available emoticons or we'd be an x-rated site).
      GREAT job on racking up the days....THIS is how its done!
      Yep, it's going to feel funny not checking in there every day....this has become such a part of my life and recovery. I enjoy it and I miss it when I can't get at it! It will be great to have a new site, however, that works with ease!

It's Friday here in North America, I hope everyone has a strong PLAN in place for the weekend! Check in before we hit Radio Silence and let us know you are ok! Why don't we keep Nursie's link fresh in our replies so it doesn't get lost...I will try and quote it when I check in later on. Hope everyone has an easy day! Off to check Roll Call, there may be other prizes to give (and I think there are!!!) Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;n2515121 wrote: Good evening Nesters,

I had a nice afternoon out with old friends & there's never a worry - no one drinks anymore. That's one good thing about getting old :H

I saw RJs post about the site being down next week too, A lot of us are in contact on Facebook already - maybe we can add a few more?

Ava, CONGRATS on 300 days - yay!!! You're catching up to me

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

btw - Chero, keep practicing that deep breathing - does wonders

Lav
        Hi Lav, I tried to send you a PM to take you up on your Facebook offer but I don't think it went through.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? How do you know these things???? Dang (I need to take a class or something.....)
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

The easiest thing to do is Try Stuff (and hope you can undo it if it doesn't work out !)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;n2515125 wrote:

P.S. By the way, Nursie's site in the above link is easy and quick to register for, if folks wish to.

:
              If you join the proboards site for no other reason, I'll tell you that everyone gets a like button there :H:H
              “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone. Racked up another sober evening - at a very important work event. 25 of us were wined and dined - except that i only "dined". I wished a little I could partake, but for some reason, smelling the wine brought back all the memories of the physical and emotional discomfort I experienced while drinking. At first in my quit, it was risky to smell, but now it does wonders to put me right past that desire and I just move on with my evening.

Have a wonderful sober weekend everyone.
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

See the Light;n2515460 wrote:

If you join the proboards site for no other reason, I'll tell you that everyone gets a like button there :H:H
                  I just signed up and it really is quite user friendly! I didn't notice any bitch bars over there either. :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Kensho! That is HUGE! That gives me inspiration
                    And Thanks to Byrdlady, and everyone for listening and cheering me on this week.

I am on day 5, finally starting to feel better. (Like I'm not going to behead someone for tapping their pen on a table!) Even though the irritability was unbearable at times, with what supplements I've been taking and the topa, other major side effects were significantly decreased. I had maybe three headaches, one bad the 1st night. But no sweats, no shakes, no nightmares , and the insomnia wasn't anything I couldn't handle as mother of two. Oh, and I'm STARVING. Like whoa. And I drink a ridiculous amount of water.

I'm starting to realize how much of the depression I had been feeling was because of the alcohol. Now, I look around and I see good things too, not just bad stuff. Now it's time for a smiley face:woot:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to hear Oeno. Alcohol was such a depressant for me too. I did feel down in the first few months after getting sober from time to time, but I just needed to find new ways to cope.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;n2515106 wrote: This is the site Nursie set up: http://steppingforward.proboards.com/
                        As promised, here is Nursie's link again....
                        Hope everyone has a strong plan together as we go into the weekend!
                        NOTHING is worth blowing your quit!!!! No drink tastes better than being sober feels! Stay strong!! XO, Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava - huge congratulations on 300 amazing days! I love reading your posts -always right on. And congrats on the new blinds too!
                          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr G a big huge hug on 60 days for you today and the sun is shining and the birds are singing in Melbourne for you today as you deserve it. Not sure how you will run with a huge set of boobs though, its the reason i dont run but a good bra should do the trick i think. Watch out for back issues though! You are an asset on mwo and i for one enjoy your journey to get to being the lovely sober man you are, not that you werent lovely before. Ok shut up ava!

Oeno, the wanting to kill phase is great and it keeps popping in at different times along the way, its just part of the grieving process of letting al out of our lives. I think half the population would be dead if i had of had my way when i stopped.

STL i am thinking i will love a like button but no bitch bars, im not sure about that one, though im feeling rather mellow today. I just seen 60 days for you on roll call, what an amazing achievement with lots of roller coasting along the way. Keep up the fantastic work STL, you are an asset here and time flies when you are having fun with us fellow alkies.

SF I looked at 300 days yesterday and thought it was not possibly me but yep it was. how the hell i functioned drinking is beyond me now. Its nice to spend each day in the "now". Tripe and gym, well whatever rocks your boat ha ha!

When my useless lovely boys wake up, the ones i gave birth too, well hopefully the blinds will be put up. maybe i can put before and after pics up on the other site. The positive is that my 21 year old does not drink anymore, well only very occasionally since he has seen how much not drinking has changed my life. So the positive is when i start nagging to have my blinds put up he will do it with a minimum of procrastination. There will be tears though i can imagine.

Thanks so much Mary for the congrats, this site froze on me before i could thank you. I love praise! never had much of that in my drinking days, oh none actually now i think about it.
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, all! Couldn't sleep again last night so I napped for a few hours midday. Hopefully that helps me get reset back to something reasonable. I'm not actually that annoyed about it - no particular reason, just hitting a good few days. Enjoying it while it lasts, lol.

Super congrats Ava and G and yay and good wishes to all! Sorry to be rushed, but I've also put off eating too much so time to take care of that. Not like I'm all that coherant after only 3 hours of sleep, either.

Keep on keeping on, everyone!
                              I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
                              AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Friends, I'm extremely sleep deprived at the moment but I wanted to congratulate Ava, Kensho and Guitarista. You guys are walking the walk.
                                Oenophile, stick with us, you are doing grandly. There are so many blessings on this road of ours.
                                I'm looking forward to the downgrade!
                                Goodnight!
                                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
                                X