Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

KENSHO;n2515833 wrote:
    I feel I have reached a point in this process where I no longer WANT alcohol. What a nice place to be. And I feel less bad about just not partaking when I'm out. My husband, daughter and I went out to dinner at a pub last night. Friday nights were when we looked forward to 2-3 long islands to numb the week. I just had water, and watched him get slower and more distant. He wanted to run over to a new brewery that just opened across the street, and I just didn't want to stand there with my daughter and watch him drink a beer. I don't want to be a stick in the mud, or influence what he is able to do, so I just walked around the block in the fabulous Indian summer evening air with my daughter and watched a tow truck pick up a car (quite a process, and amazing to a 5 yr. old! We picked him un 20 min. later.

The booze is creating a barrier between us a bit. I feel like we don't have as much to talk about. I hope we find those things again. In the mean time - I am not interested in AL at all - all that comes to mind is waking at 3am feeling like complete shit - and I just don't have room in my life for that anymore.
    Kensho this is where I'm at too and it's a wonderful place to be. My husband and I used to do a lot of drinking together and suddenly things felt different. And they were! But just like with everything else, I needed to relearn how to live my life and figure out my new "normal" without alcohol. And that involved redefining how my husband and I spent our time. I think you're doing a great job and I think that you handled that situation really well. One thing that has become hugely obvious to me since I quit is the impact our drinking has on our kids and grandkids. I sit and watch my husband and stepdaughter talk to each other about the beer they're drinking while holding it up to the light like it's some fine jewel and describing it as if it were something special, then I look at my 5 year old grandson watching them like only a kid can do. That look of awe and wonder and wanting to be a grown-up. It makes me feel physically ill and so sad. Just imagine the experience your daughter had with you watching the car be towed compared to what the experience could have been. You're showing her that being an adult doesn't have to mean drinking and that not all adults drink. That's a great message.

Comment

Newbies Nest

peppersnow;n2515785 wrote:

I used to hear people at work comment on things like, "Did you see how beautiful the sky was over the lake this morning?", and feel very alone, because even if I saw things like that, I was so checked out of life that I didn't feel apart of it, or the world that everyone else shared. You'll find that as the fog lifts and you join the ranks of the living again, the capacity for joy that you can feel in response to the little things in life is extraordinary. You're doing great, so keep it up and you will be astounded by how wonderful you can feel again!!
      Yep. Well said Pepper.

Passing the butt velcro to the........................................right!

Keep it going Nester's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav happy 300th buddy, ftriend, quit partner. Hard to imagine when we first posted on here in the depths of despair 300 days ago and look at us now. I just thought it would be a matter of time before i drank again but i didnt want to let you down, i had let Dot and LC down a few months beforehand so this time i was with you all the way and what a way we are going. We have finally found our happy place and i know i dont need to be as "on guard" as i was a few months ago. Not drinking is the new norm for us now. Although i will state that i will never be complacent about al. It has been beautiful weatherwise here and i thought on Friday driving home that a wine would be nice. The problem is ONE would be nice, the 99 that followed would not have been. At the end of the day i am missing out on nothing except the life i lived before and that wasnt much fun when i reflect on it.

Pepper i love my sugar too and i do that in moderation. Its not warm enough for ice cream but tye has a friend that delivers ice cream so she is giving us stuff that is near its use by date, woo hoo, a freezer full of ice cream for summer. Thank god i exercise now. Since my son told me i looked like a "worn out crack whore" when i was drinking a few extra kilo's is good for me. I did say to him to tell me honestly what he thought!

I now dont take my ad meds and i still have xanax for anxiety but have not had one of them for months now. I have nothing to be anxious about anymore. Life is good, no its great. I sometimes get told i am boring now but i like boring, im not everyones entertainment anymore being drunk!

Have a great day/night. Windy here so i am washing everything that is not bolted down and one more blind for tye to put up and my present for my 300th day will be done. Life is great.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

So much is going on, I can't type a coherent thought. But I have read back a bit, and love the positive energy of the Nest. Thanks for the support. One day, I will repay your kindness. Tonight I am ok. I am accountable.
          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Moss Rose, sometimes just showing up is enough.
            Wishing everyone a great evening, what wonderful posts today!
            Ava, I'm in total agreement, boring IS good!
            Still raining here! It was a good day to be inside and piddle on odds and ends.
            Hugs to all! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Not a drop of rain here today Byrdie - guess you got it all!

Pav, CONGRATS on your 300 AF days :wd:
              Looks like we have a few big parties to plan around here - yay!

MossRose, glad to see you checking in. Don't forget, group hugs help a lot :l

Had a great day with family, grandson settled down for the night - life is good!
              Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to all the nesters! It starting raining yesterday so harvest is on hold till things dry up again, the rain was just yesterday, but no sun and cool temperatures are going to make drying take a bit longer. And that's ok, I get to sleep in my own bed again instead of the RV and Hank and I get our play time which I have come to cherish in my sobriety...not to mention the added time with Bubba ;-)

It's great to see everyone posting, and it doesn't matter if it's just a quick check in, or a much needed vent, maybe even to just unload negative thoughts, or to just offer words of support. The important thing is that getting/remaining sober must be important to you, or you wouldn't be here.....

I have signed up at nursie's site and will be checking in there at least for a few moments each day and hopefully the MWO transition will be smooth and be back bigger and better!

Hopefully all my new found friends are enjoying their weekend, their troubles are not too hard to deal with, remember not to get worked up over things you have no control over, and always take a moment to breathe deep, look around, and see the world in a whole new way! And, stay away from the bad stuff eh!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on 300 days, Pav!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,
                    G congrats on the 60 days.
                    Pepper, actually enjoying a sunrise, who would have thought? I made a hair appointment not for 9:30 am next Saturday and before I quit I never would have made any appointments before noon on a Saturday because I probably would be hungover.
                    Cowboy, it was raining on and off all day here today. Definitely can feel it starting to cool down. Sleeping in your own bed is amazing especially when you are sober eh?

Way to go Chero.
                    Hi Mossy, glad to hear from you anytime.

Good night nesters.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! Just letting you all know I'm still here.

I hate the interface, I hate..well pretty much all about the change over.

I haven't been around cause of many family/ friends issues and lots more to come in my life. Anyway...I'm alright I guess.

Tonight, I'm not. However, I will be ok soon.

I wish I had something to contribute today, but I don't....just wanted to let you guys know I'm still here.

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

MossRose;n2515990 wrote: So much is going on, I can't type a coherent thought. But I have read back a bit, and love the positive energy of the Nest. Thanks for the support. One day, I will repay your kindness. Tonight I am ok. I am accountable.
                        Mossy, showing up means that your head is in the game. And that's the beginning. You've got to have the thought before the action is possible. This is where it all begins. You can do it and we're here to help you and support you when you're ready.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks SF much appreciated. I love my quit buddy, she has helped me immensely. Im over to the other side as soon as mwo is offline. cant leave an alky to their own devices for too long!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hope everyone has a great AF Sunday!
                            I am happily busy with my grandson - life is good

Be well everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Well I kinda lost my post so Im gonna fly by the seat of my pants on this one ( lost all my multiquote references ).

Lots of cool things going on..from Cowboys and Combines to Ice Cream Filled Sunsets while rolling over Smelly Husbands... 5 days..5 months..300 days! Very uplifting..

I guess recapping what I can remember ( Im not going through 2 pages of posts again lol )..

Im very much considering getting that dog I was talking about. I spoke to the landlord and he was very hesitant..but if its ok with next door then im golden. And yes I have been around many dogs in my life. I even trained a Visla with hand signals instead of spoken commands. Ive even raised and trained/showed horses..consider me a "horse whisper' "

So that Big client meeting went well..however his boat will be storing at a marina that I do sub-contracting for. Due to "conflict of interest" the marina said I could bill 8 hours on it going through my company..after that it has to go through the marina ( and its labor rate ). So a large portion of the work will have to wait till spring when its back at his well ( or other marina ). This is actually ok with me. I normally have my winter filled with doing large projects for this marina..and then after im kinda slow. But this job will kick in about that time..so its all good..

About this Ice cream thing..I never had sweets to speak of before. After a month or so into my quit I started eating Ice Cream like crazy..that and cookies..snack pacs..etc. Every night was at least a bowl of IC. For me I woke up with what I call a "sugar hangover". Felt kinda beat up a little .. not bad though. However about a month ago I just stopped craving it ( and all other sugars ). Overnight almost..BAM..gone. I still have freezer burned ice cream left over from a month ago lol.

Ah yes..the sunsets and sunrises. Not only do you notice more color..and feeling about little events like these..you become more Aware of things. Sharp..like a mind ninja. Example..Ive been getting the dreaded spider webs from my side view mirror recently. I parked my truck backwards one night..next morning the web was on the other side. "oh..so they like the heat of the sunrise in the morns eh?". Little things like this you begin to notice. But other types of things too..in people..in stories..advertisements and so on. Its like having some kind of Jedi awareness lol.

The boys loved the waterbed.."Its like sleeping on a cloud" they said. They get excited when I do new things around the house. Seems like every week I have something new for them to find..or play. My week with them is coming up so Im very excited about that. Speaking of that..I have decided to chill out a little on the situation. I realize that I only have 2 fewer days than Mom with them..and even if I had them a full week it still would not be enough. Somehow Im going to have to just get used to it I guess..they will too which is the real hard part for me. Divorce with kids..sucks..

Its good to see that a Nursery has been set up for the week long construction project here. Just to let you know I probably wont sign up over there. Its the end of my mad dash rush of work..and I have tools and materials all over the place lol. I need to take some time to get everything organized. Putty check..but where the hell is the hardener!? .. Grinder check..where did I put my resporator ? The back of my jeep has fiberglass dust and crap just piled on top of each other. Buying things that I Have but cant find needs an ending lol. These things and the fact that this week is "my week" with the boys. I wish you well until they cut the red ribbon and reopen the doors here.

Welp Im off to work..no rest for the wicked.

Take great care of yourselves..

Dave.
                              Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                              AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want a blue one or a pink one, i am not fussy Lav! I know patience, patience.

Comment

Working...
                                X