Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Renewal--

bad enough you refuse to wear the sexy pink robe.
    Now you are filling me with yearning...excitement...lust....for a puppy! No fair!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Within, as you come up with things that are important and bring meaning to your life, write them down. Then after you have a short list, it might be fun sometime to write a thought or two as to why they are important or bring meaning to your life.
      Jamie, very wise of you to take care of your early AF days by avoiding temptation! Missing one or two outings isn't such a big deal in the long run. Glad you feel good today.
      SDL, I love your creative flair for spelling! You sound good!
      LTG, thanks for the spell check tip! I missed that!
      UNG, Think paper training, going out at all times of the day and night, vet bills. If that doesn't scare you, then go for it!

As for me, I woke up with some kind of stomach virus and have spent most of my day in my fuzzy penguin PJs with my head under my wing. Hope you all felt better than me! At least I'm AF, even if I don't feel like it!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

EEEWWW!!!

Seriously--we have the NFP rule her (no f'ing pets) Poop in a plastic bag? Walking in 20 below zero? YUK! Would rather clean toilets at a gas station. YUK. Sorry pet lovers...a nice kitty might so me though----LOVE kitties even though I am allergic and can't BREATHE!!
        On the other hand--how comforting--but so is a heating pad!!!!
        hugs 2 all 2nit

MEOW!!! puuurrr

Comment

Newbies Nest

good idea dill

thanks Dill, i think i will start a list. lets see where it takes me. at least i will be doing something!!
          Hey UNG, really will the nfp rule? Gotta love getting out and hiking with the puppy. but i will refrain from mentioning it if its bringing ya down.
          a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all and sundry. I am quite new to this site and still trying to find my MWO legs--there is so much good stuff here. I have been AF since 1-11-09, so I am coming up on almost a month. I have tried full on drinking, absolute abstinence, and everything in between. The only thing that works in my life is abstaining, so thanks for all the helpful posts everyone--they strengthen me in a way I have never before encountered. I will try to post regularly, but right now I am playing "catch-up" just wandering around all the various threads.

BIG LOVE, kipper
            :choc: mmm...chawklit :choc:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome kipper! Glad to have you along. Take your time and get a feel for things. Very good on being AF since 1/11/09!! :goodjob:

:welcome:
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

c:This is my first Friday night sober.......wow what do people do on Friday nights???

hahahahahaha

No really, I'm trying to keep myself busy during my witching hour. So far so good, I'm armed with my mineral water. yum.
                Last night out of control February 3, 2009. I'm not doing it again, I'm doing this for my daughter.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Music thread FTW!!! (for the win)
                  :choc: mmm...chawklit :choc:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jaimieaz-

My first friday sober too. I am getting quite irritable. Going to get suppliments to help with cravings and then.. I have a good book. And apparently we can chat online .. I tried it and it was fun.
                    Liath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Liath,
                      I hope you are holding strong.....if there is ANYTHING about us WI girls is we are strong willed!

Take care tonight,
                      Jamie
                      Last night out of control February 3, 2009. I'm not doing it again, I'm doing this for my daughter.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sticking with NFP

love the kitties and friends' pets burt not plastic bags of hot poop for me!

Love kitties and wish I could have one

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening peeps,
                          Welcome to all the new-newbies. Hope you find the nest as warm and comfy as I have.

I never post this late. Thought I might find Sweety Betty wishing everyone a good morning or see poppa newal tucking everyone in. He must be wearing his green robe and I can't see him.

Night birds. Hope everyone sleeps well.
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi UNG,

I have 4 cats u can have one.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm late this morning it's lunchtime for me! I took half of a prescribed antihistamine last night - Atarax? It completely knocks me out. Am so grateful I got through Friday and my 7th day AF. I'm going to buy a new charm for my bracelet today - will be a great reminder of what for me is a major achievement. I'm planning to mod, but don't plan to talk here about when and how much I've had, don't think that's fair. My drink tracker is public though if anyone's interested! My husband is muttering about cooking a whole fish baked in salt, so have to brave the fishmarket here and look for a suitable candidate. Hope you all made it through Fright Night Friday, and happy Saturday! B. xx
                              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Kipper,

Hi all, lilmea you are up late! Betty, that fish will be lovely....my fella has been to portugal quite a bit and thats how they do it there with the salt! Yummmmy. You go girl, you have earned that charm bracelet.

Im at work for a bit, nice and quiet here, then have to do battle in Vivo City, Im sure Betty will agree with me, shopping anywhere in Singapore on a saturday should be avoided but sometimes just cant be....ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH. Thank god I have a huge handbag to knock people who walk slowly out of my way.......

Right fluffy ones will check in tomorrow, Dilly hope your tummy feeling better
                                Live your life in such a way that
                                when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
                                Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Working...
                                X