No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone!! Just wondering if any of you have heard that Nursie's biopsy results came back positive for breast cancer! 😞 might not hurt to pay one more visit to the Nursery
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's nice to have the nest back , hope everyone's well .
      Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
      Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis View Post
        What's that? Or do I not want to know?
        Elvis there was a bar under peoples names and mine had two red bars and byrd and ns and a few others so we deemed to call them bitch bars. Still not sure what they really were.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, available. How strange. On another unrelated forum I visit, we used to have these things called weird points that you could get, but no one knew why or what they were for. They disappeared a few redesigns ago, and we still have no clue what they did.

Feeling more tired than usual today, but I think that's partly related to the rainy weather, and being Tuesday. Have a great day everyone!
          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Good morning Nesters & happy Tuesday!

Nice to be able to visit the nest again
            I hope everyone is OK & on the path to freedom. Life is good addiction free

Wishing a great AF day for all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE Nesters,

just thought I'd check in & say hello now the site is back to a usable state (can't seem to make my avatar to work still though).

hope everyone is okay. I'm back on day 2 (again) after getting up to 7 days a short while ago, & then having a drink to celebrate

re. the 'bitch bars' - they were 'Reputation' - made up from # of posts, replies to posts, that sort of thing. so they were a good thing, in spite of being, rather confusingly, red

take care all

badger

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
                Nice to be back home here. I think there are still a few kinks to work out, but compared to the last one, we should have the maneuvers down in no time.

You really don't know what you've got til it's gone. No truer words than those. The two or three weeks of inconvenience of not knowing where and how to post made me realize just how important this site is to my sobriety. Could I go it alone at this point? May be....the odds are against it, tho.... if what I have seen over these 5 years is true. I'm not willing to take that gamble. In the 3 weeks that it's been a pain to post, I found myself getting lazy....why bother to check in? The next thing I know, I'm watching tv commercials about beer, wine, vodka, scotch and reading FB posts about getting drunk last night and how much fun they all had...the world out there is pulling us back in, staying connected to support is THE KEY. And it's a small price to pay as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy checking in and catching up with my friends here. Friends that know things about me know one else does, like the isolation of addiction.
                I'm so glad to see everyone...headed back over to the Nursery to see Nursie. I know she put a LOT of work into her site for us. It was a real blessing. Hope everyone has a great day!!! Byrdie
                Last edited by Byrdlady; October 7, 2014, 08:01 AM.
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yeah right on Byrdy.

G'day Badger. Keep it going friend.

Hope y'all are good. Take it easy out there. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                    Hi everyone!! Just wondering if any of you have heard that Nursie's biopsy results came back positive for breast cancer! 😞 might not hurt to pay one more visit to the Nursery
                    Yes Abcowboy. Not good news. Thanks for the heads up.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Nest!

Took me some time getting in here today. Will check back tonight. Day 9 and going strong. Thanks Byrdie for the speech and message over at the pro boards. Have a good day all.
                      AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

morning all
                        so glad we up and running again. While the site was down and we were using the other site, someone there mentioned (maybe No Sugar, not sure) that it was great to stay connected but people needing help would not be able to find us. That kind of spoke to me and reminded me how important this site for people seeking to shake the monkey off their backs and regain a sober life. I was very grateful to stay connected with the other and thought it worked very well. I am very thankful for here and the hope it presented to all of us who were in need and for those are in need. Without it, I have no doubt I'd still be struggling.
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Top of the morning to everyone! Don't have much time this morning, we combined till 2am and I slept in a bit lol. we are down to 1300 acres, so looking like 2014 harvest should wrap up on Saturday if the weather holds!

And a milestone to celebrate today....

Congrats on 3 months bran new day!!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning everyone.
                            Yes, I will visit Nursie. Breast cancer..ugh..

I agree with everyone above. Thankful we were able to stay connected the past few weeks.

Have a great day! Way to go Cowboy on your harvesting.

Back to work.
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                              The two or three weeks of inconvenience of not knowing where and how to post made me realize just how important this site is to my sobriety. Could I go it alone at this point? May be....the odds are against it, tho.... if what I have seen over these 5 years is true. I'm not willing to take that gamble. In the 3 weeks that it's been a pain to post, I found myself getting lazy....why bother to check in? The next thing I know, I'm watching tv commercials about beer, wine, vodka, scotch and reading FB posts about getting drunk last night and how much fun they all had...the world out there is pulling us back in, staying connected to support is THE KEY. And it's a small price to pay as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy checking in and catching up with my friends here. Friends that know things about me know one else does, like the isolation of addiction.
                              Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                              ... how important this site for people seeking to shake the monkey off their backs and regain a sober life. I was very grateful to stay connected with the other and thought it worked very well. I am very thankful for here and the hope it presented to all of us who were in need and for those are in need. Without it, I have no doubt I'd still be struggling.

It was a good learning experience to have MWO down for awhile and thanks to Nursie, it wasn't even tougher than it was. It was nice to be connected to some MWO friends in other ways during this time, and to be able to check in on Nursie's site but I realized that while the chit chat among friends is great, I also need the daily brain tune-up that comes from reading and responding to new- and mid-newbies. It is good for them to be able to find us and good for us that they do.
                              Last edited by NoSugar; October 7, 2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

SO glad to be back here! Who would have known that I could find support for such a private struggle in a forum with complete strangers. I appreciate each and every one of you and am proud to be a part of this group, and to not call you strangers so much any more.

On another note, I've posted 7 days AF on roll call. I would be at 62, but I had one ridiculous and enlightening sip. Last week I posted about how that sip turned me into a crazy, craving lunatic, with thoughts of dishonesty and desire. Once I realized what was going on in my mind, my "switch" flipped and I understood that alcohol would never be a part of my life ever again. I could probably post 62 days and get away with it, but I'm posting 7 just to remind myself how important that sip really was to my healing and understanding. I have consumed 2 drinks and one sip in about 90 days - and it was two drinks and one sip too many.

I do not drink. I am not a drinker. I will never again be a drinker. There is nothing in a bottle that I want any more. I have begun to heal my relationships and work out the issues that caused me to drink. I am HERE for my kids, I am HERE for my husband, I am better at my work, I am learning to balance my life and say 'NO'. I am more stable, more efficient, and a better cook. I sleep better. I am learning to laugh more. Alcohol has no place in my life any more and I am pleased to share with you that I am 7 days AF and proud to be moving on with my life.

LAVENDAR Blue - where are you?
                                Last edited by KENSHO; October 7, 2014, 09:59 AM.
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X