No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elvis and Pine, any advice on getting the motivation for exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by Fin View Post
      Anyone here?
      Just finding a few minutes to scroll back...Fin - I saw you post here yesterday, how are things? Hope you are staying cool brother...keep on rockin on your sober yourself..what are you up to?
      “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Love that post from Ava and Kensho's post was good too.

I know I can't drink. Obviously, that's why I ame here. So I will keep my sobriety and every day remind mysel how grateful I am not to be drinking.

Goodnight everyone
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi, Everyone:

Kensho - good on you for coming clean. I have had drinking dreams that always involve an inner dialogue with myself about whether to be honest here or not. I always end up admitting to myself that I do - that's why we're here. Good that you stopped at one sip, and now you know...

Ava and I passed 10 months while the site was down. Like Ava says, acceptance is what did it for me. I can't drink. Period. Next question? I feel my life has changed in so many ways I never even considered - for example I am setting boundaries at work and with my friends and family that I never did before. I have strength and courage in my convictions because I am confident that it is ME feeling my feelings, and not just some alcohol fog. Because I am confident in what I feel and want, I can stand up for myself more. I wasn't a pushover before, but had a hard time saying no to any number of things.

I'm off to bed now. Hope everyone keeps coming back. I admit to feeling a little "free" without MWO, but I also missed the connections here, helping and being helped, and I have read enough about relapse to know that a community like this is KEY to sobriety, as is focusing on sobriety daily. Plus, I am really connected to people here in many different ways.

Later, Nest.

Pav

Comment

Hi all,

Feeling a bit wobbly. Just checking in. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Cherokeer View Post
              Elvis and Pine, any advice on getting the motivation for exercise?
              Chero i was the laziest SOB when i stopped drinking for about 7 months and everyone else, to me anyways, felt like they were climbing mt everest daily as a short workout. One day i just thought i had to do bloody something so i put on my shoes and went for a short walk and i downloaded an app called "mapmywalk" and now i have a competition with myself on beating how far i walk and how quick i can while listening to spotify for music. now i walk 5kilometres a day if possible and i procrastinate about it for only half the day but damn i feel great once i go. In two months i have walked 147kilometres so i am feeling like forest gump but i didnt push myself and only started when i felt i was ready.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                Hi all,

Just dont check out Mr G, here for you. You have way too many days up to even contemplate a drink and being accountable on here is great. No more day 1's, you can do this.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Guitarista, we are here for you buddy. Can you just bag it and go to sleep if it gets too hard? That always worked for me; you can't drink if you're asleep. Sending you support.

Cherokeer, it can be tough to get started but I belIeve exorcise will change your life in a good way as much as drinking can ruin your life. It is a powerful stress buster and mood fixer. Starting off with something each day like stretching and then working up to some cardio when you think you can it's probably safe. If you do a little everyday you will really start to miss it if you skip a day!
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

Thanks Pine and Ava, trying to get in the frame of mind to go but I am not there yet. Normally I would beat myself up daily. But I have made so many good changes that I am giving myself a break and for once allowing myself to "get there" in my time. The idea of downloading something and walking is very appealing. I think I will try that. I used to work out 4 hours a day. 2 hours in the gym and 2 hours running or biking. At that time I looked and felt great. I want to get to that feeling again. I just don't have 4 hours a day and a really bad knee now.

Comment

Thanks Ava and Pinecone. Ok now.

All the best with the exercise Chero!

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                        I hope "getting it out here" did the trick, Mr. G. and that you enjoyed another beautiful AF evening. That little pause of logging in and telling people who know what you're talking about without a bunch of explanations can give the real you a chance to regain control over the stupid lizard brain that wants only one thing. Those wobbly feelings are normal but they're just feelings. You can take different, more loving, and healthy actions. xx- NS

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

I hope "getting it out here" did the trick, Mr. G. and that you enjoyed another beautiful AF evening. That little pause of logging in and telling people who know what you're talking about without a bunch of explanations can give the real you a chance to regain control over the stupid lizard brain that wants only one thing. Those wobbly feelings are normal but they're just feelings. You can take different, more loving, and healthy actions. xx- NS
                          You know i think it did NS. The actual process of posting that thought, kind of refocused me on what i want. Thanks. Have a great day.

Comment

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump day

Glad you are OK G
                            AL never really helps, only makes things worse. We all know that from experience, right?

Any form of exercise helps us so just get out there & do something. These days I am happy joining the old ladies at Curves, LOL.
                            Have a great AF Wednesday everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning, Nesters!
                              Is it me, or did the forum take on a new look overnight?
                              Great to see everyone back, especially you, Lav, missed you. Stella has never looked better, BTW! Everyones avatars look more in focus!
                              Mr G, so glad you got sorted out. Every day for at least 10 years I told myself THIS was the day I was going to stop drinking, and it never happened. STOPPING is hard, staying stopped is MUCH easier, you just have the TEMPORARY thoughts of drinking again. Some people play them to the end, and some PUSH them out like something from the Exorcist. I do the latter. When I would try and play it out, I would conveniently LEAVE out the bad ending. Maybe my mentality is more similar to that of my dog: when she gets focused on her ball, it takes a hard clap of the hands or a squeak from another toy to distract her. I get that same tunnel vision so I MUST change direction immediately. Whatever works for you, but thank goodness you rode it out. I used to think that once a craving started I couldn't overcome it....but it is a skill that can be learned. (And you get better at it with practice). Well done!

Okoren, 60 days is massive! I am still learning my way around here, I owe you a prize, lets see what's in the prize closet! Hummm. Not much. I will have to get busy on that. Prizes are important!! (At least to the Prize Patrol). Great job on that wonderful accomplishment!!!!

Kensho, well done on your 8 AF. Yes, you prolly could have gotten away with resuming your day count, but if you caught that movie "Flight" with Denzel Washington you will understand when he says "I didn't have one more lie in me". All this starts and ends with us lying to ourselves.....I am happy that you have a pristine count now. GREAT GOING! If that helped you get your mind to where it needs to be, then all is not in vain.

Hope everyone has an easy day today! Happy Hump Day! Bydrie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

GMAE everyone- Gman- Glad you posted and worked it through (I will surely screw up my day count without you keeping me in check). Yes, Byrdie, looks like the default font is now bigger, the avatars are back and some other enhancements as well (although the PP not having a full closet of prizes is still an issue). Hope everyone is staying strong and AF today

Oh and congrats again on 60 days Okoren!
                                Last edited by See the Light; October 8, 2014, 08:46 AM.
                                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Working...
                                X