Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Evening all - especially KatieB - I seem to be following you around the forum tonight :H:H I'm also right behind you on the AF days too its the end of my 3AF and I notice its the beginning of your 4th - well done and I hope to keep right behind you

:welcome: Fairycake

Great to hear all nesters doing so well :groupluv:
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL Panno! Hi to you too.. :H
      I'm in Oz.. that's the only reason i'm just one little step ahead as its morning here! keep following me as we bead those AF pearls together!
      Katie xx
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - dropped hubbie off at the airport this morning. Will be leaving work in an hour and a half. I didn't think I would be having a problem until the weekend. My mind is not in a good place tonight. I think I will be going to bed early. I am overly tired. I plan on putting in a sad movie and having a good cry. :upset: That should do the trick.

Catch you all from home..........
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC, I know I just saw some typing errors. You meant you were going home and putting on a happy movie and having a good laugh! Please take care of yourself. Eat a hot meal, get a hot bath and then watch that funny movie. I'll be back tonight to hear about it...
          runningwind :l
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nora, sending you a big hug. Hang in there and line up a comedy to watch after the weepie Once you get through tonight you will wake up stronger tomorrow..slow and steady wins the race:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Runningwind, we were advising Nora at the same time You have the better idea though, just forget the weepie:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI All,
                Nora, Hope this post finds you engrossed in some kind of movie and taking care of yourself. Pings coming to you from NE to help you through this time of Hubby being away.
                You are my inspiration you know-keep up the good work. thanks for asking about me-I didn't sleep well last nite-damn dogs got me up at 12 and 2am to go potty. Got a new alarm clock and thought I hit the snooze button but an hour and a half later realized I hadn't LOL!! Late for work but big boss out of town so it was OK. Very tired today from yesterday and no sleep. Even if I thought I wanted a drink I don't think I could stomach it. Does anyone else using the supplements find that they make you feel very full throughout the day? It's a good thing I think!!

Welcome Fairycake-if you can get at least the L-Glutamine and maybe some Calm Forte, I think they will really help you through the first week or so and I think you'll be very pleased with the results. Hang in there.

Katie B-good job with the AF! Did you win that lottery or hasn't it been run yet? Keep up the good work too.

Runningwind and Sophie- great ideas for Nora!

Hi Panno-nice to meet you

If I've missed anyone-please forgive me. I wish everyone a wonderful AF night and for those who suffered throught the monsoons this past weekend-hallaluia-the sun shines again!! What gorgeous weather today!! The boyz sure enjoyed their walk tonite in the sun and warmth!!

Good nite all!!
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Beautiful day here today

Hi & welcome back Fairycake! Wishing you the best on your journey!

NoraC, hope you found something cheerier to do this evening! I don't own any sad movies

Greetings canadiangirl, KatieB, Panno, runningwind, Sophie, papmom & everyone who checks in tonight!

Grateful for another AF day, wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest - the night light is on.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters - Thank you for your wonderful advice. I never had a chance to watch a movie. Hopefully tomorrow. I am so tired. I didn't sleep well at all last night and I think I'm going to be asleep by 8:00. I was thinking today that I might just blow the dust off that old log I had started when I first joined here and actually post some thoughts. I have a tendency to hold everything in and I think that helped get me to so deep into this alcoholic pit. Who knows.
                    Anyway....to tired to think about it now. :H

Have a wonderful night everyone or day.

Thank you for all the support.:l:l:l:l
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey - cross post Lav......really??? You don't own any sad movies? I need to do that sometimes. Just curl up with a sad movie. Phenomenon. Titanic. Fiddler on the Roof.
                      I get out some good sobs and I am refreshed afterwards. I always said that I was weird.
                      I also own LOTS & LOTS of comedies.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

NoraC hang out here while your hubby's away. We'll read anything you want to write.

RW - the weather in Texas was great. All 60's and sunny.

Welcome Fairycake. Welcome back Canadiangirl.

KatieB hope you hit that lotto.

Lav - happy spring!

Hi Papmom. Some of the supps reduce carb cravings so that might reduce some of the hunger feelings. I'm always eating, so I couldn't tell you if hunger is reduced.

coconut - good story. I guess dogs learn fast huh.

I'm getting home kind of late tonight so time to get some sleep.

Take care everyone!
                        tw
                        Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All,

Nora - I cry at lots of movies. I can't even watch The Sound of Music without crying!

Half way through day 3 here. Daytime drinking has never been an issue for me. On holiday, I sometimes had a wine with lunch but found it made me too tired to enjoy the rest of the day. How come I learned that lesson pretty quickly but not the bigger one?

I have been to the gym this morning which always leaves me feeling positive. I have slightly changed my L-Glut timings and take the first one of the day just before the school run. That's when I would usually stop at the bottle shop. For me the witching "hour" is between about 6.00 pm and dinnertime. Once dinner is finished, things are calm in the house and the cravings have gone. I try and keep myself busy at this time - last night I was trying to do a crossword and cook dinner at the same time!

I am more determined than ever now. I really don't want to drink - it's soul destroying. I feel so happy now that I don't want to go back to that pit of despair.

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF Thursday. I'll check in later in the day.

xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've got one of those block desk calenders that has a quote for everyday of the year.

This is the quote for 17th March

"People who drink to drown their sorrows should be told that sorrows know how to swim."

How true.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

papmom3, hope the "Sleep-Fairy" comes to visit you tonight,so you can enjoy the great weather your having.

KatieB, wishing you the best on day 4 AF and will cross my fingers with the lotto. How much did you say you were going to send me? :H

Coco-Nut, Thanks for post on the Calm Forte. I'am going to check it out tomorrow.

Sopie75, that was so neat we were posting to NoraC at the same time, with basically the same thoughts.

TrankWilly, I'am glad my state of Texas treated you well and you take care too.

Lavende, Panno, Spam and canadiangirl I hope yall all had a great day!

Well tea time is calling, wishing you all a peaceful and safe night.
                              runningwind
                              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters - days starting off well here just hope I have the energy to carry on. I get so tired in the afternoons. Have got a really busy day preparing for a 2 day exhibition tomorrow and Saturday - I'm so way behind with all the hangovers and then the lack of concentration this past 3AF days, but as this is my 4AF day hopefully I should get through it ok. Nerves are riding high though all my promotional material was ordered late so am waiting for the deliveries - talk about cutting it fine!! Its days like this I get annoyed with myself for all the wasted days with hangovers because I hate being disorganised and being on the last minute!!

Nice to meet you too Papmom - animals really should come with a snooze button don't you think! I have 2 cats who wake me everymorning at 5.00am and won't go away until I get up and feed them - its quite sweet really because they stroke me on the cheek with their paws and lick my hands.

Hope you had a good nights sleep NoraC

Love the quote Spam - how true

Love to everybody else - have a good AF day/evening, keep busy and keep strong

P xx :l
                                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Working...
                                X