No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Life is so precious and fragile. I will hold you close in my thoughts. Byrdie

Edit to add, congratulations on your 80 days, that is fantastic. Well done.
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Matt - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. xx

NS - great idea to start a thread dedicated to podcasts, videos and such. I go crazy trying to find those links again.

j-vo - glad you are hanging in there. I thought about you all day. Hope you felt the love coming your way.

And anyone I missed, take care of yourself and stay strong.

Since we are talking about depression and vitamins in the nest, I wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth. I agree that vitamin B is critical for mood. I take it daily. I just wanted to mention vitamin D. I know I'm deficient since I was tested. My doctor told me it is extremely common since we spend so much time indoors, and those of us in the northern states get double-dipped by winter. I'm on a very high dose right now since I was so low, and definitely notice a difference in my mood. It's supposed to help with immune function too, so hoping to avoid a few colds this season.

I have spent time with BOTH of my sons this week. Easy-breezy and fun time. My old friends will understand what a milestone this is for me. They are finally beginning to trust me again!!! For my new friends who may just be starting out, I want to let you know that there can be redemption and healing with your loved ones after you quit drinking. The road is hard, but not impossible. Matt - your post really got to me. I don't know how old your children are, but they love you and want to forgive you. My sons humble me with their love and support. Stay the course, my friend.
      Last edited by MossRose; October 23, 2014, 07:03 PM.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Sorry I've been on the run all day & this is the first chance I've had to sit down.

MossRose, great news about you & your sons
        I found I was low in Vit D a fews years ago & upped my daily to 5000iu. Did the trick & I swear it's the cheapest & safest AD around!

Matt, very sorry about the loss of your friend. You can honor his memory by living your best life. You can be a good role model for his children in addition to your own.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Maybe I should add a B vitamin.
          Matt just make up time now. Make some wonderful memories. I'm sorry you lost someone close to you. That hurts. I'm glad you were sober.
          NS wonderful idea. I spend a lot of time searching for links. So frustrating.
          J-vo I am a cheerios fan.
          Mossrose I'm glad you are healing the relationship with your sons. That's wonderful.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Moss,
            That's so wonderful that you got to spend time with both sons today. You sound as though you're in a great place!:love: I know I need to earn my trust back from DS, but I know I will. He's already being himself again. I hate the thoughts that I ever ruined his moods because he was angry with me. But time heals as long as we do the right thing with our time.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

j-vo - I never thought I would have this opportunity again. But I was wrong. Don't be too hard on yourself. As you said, you are doing all the right things again. He will notice and in time, all will be ok. Nurture yourself right now, and everything else will fall into place. Thanks for the words of support. I am thrilled to have my sons back in my life.

Hang in there, j-vo. You've got this, and we've got your back!! Lean on us - hard if need be. Promise??

edit to add: Hi LB and thanks for the kind words. Always nice to see you.
              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Thanks Moss. Promise! That means lots. :heartbeat:
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi friends. Just a quick check before I crash after a long couple of days at work.
                  Matt, I'm sorry for your loss.
                  MR it's nice to hear that you visited with your sons.
                  Good night!
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

GMAE evening nestors....some great stuff today.... I'm not a link-clicker, prefer to hear from the horse's mouth so to speak, but I do enjoy reading things that I can add to my toolbox....

Matt my friend, sorry to hear about your friend, and his family, my heartfelt condolences to all..... The great news is, you didn't use it as an excuse.... you are on the right path.....

Happy to see so many posting and sharing, we might not all be on the same path, but we share the same journey..... be strong everyone!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi All. Day 4 here. MR so glad you are rebuilding time with your sons. While we are still here, there is still time. There is so much to live for. J Vo I am sure your time will come. Just keep doing the right thing. Well, off to bed. Goodnight all!

Comment

Hi All. I wondered where you were Mr. Matt. Still breaking trail with great decisions, I see. I'm sorry for your loss and sorry it made you feel regret. We can't live in the past though - so let's all just make sure the future counts!

I'm off to bed. I have so much work its coming out of my ears - but this has spelled trouble for me in the past. So it will just have to wait. No one's going to die if they don't get their sofa chosen or their tile designed. I'm really trying to balance better. I tend toward extremes, and that spells S-T-R-E-S-S for me - so NS, lazy it is!

Have a good one, and think of one reason you are proud of yourself tonight. We all deserve the praise.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                          I borrowed your suggestion, Roxy - thanks! Here it is: https://www.mywayout.org/community/sh...=1#post1571577
                          Yes, thanks...just subscribed to this. I was copying and pasting helpful posts and links into a word doc on my pc for future reference...my bible of booze if you will. Now we can have this as a checklist of things to watch if we don't have the time right then (kinda like DVR for those who record TV shows to watch later). Maybe we request RJ make it a "sticky" like the original toolbox?
                          “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Just checking in. Last couple of days I've been in sleep mode. Feel over rested I think. Hope everyone's having a good nite.

Comment

NS great idea, I love the new thread.

Matt, sorry about your friend. It is good that now going forward you can be there for your family. You can't change the pst anyway, we all have regrets but can't let them eat us up. We can't change them anyway,right?

I'm tired too so I am hittin the sack.

Mr B, how are you?
                              Goodnight.
                              Last edited by narilly; October 24, 2014, 09:22 AM.
                              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Mr B, cross post! Hilarious because I just asked how you were
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X