Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Nesters,

Didn't manage a whole lot of sleep last night due to two dogs needing to go out repeatedly & a sinus headache for me. The dogs just may end up in the garage tonight & I'll be sure to plug in the humidifier, yuck.
    But it does look like a beautiful day shaping up & I am expecting my two happy grandsons & DIL for dinner & that's good

Kensho, booze breath is bad - so is cigar breath! You can always buy him a big bottle of Scope!!!!

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Sunday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Beautiful morning. Think I'll get out there and mow the lawn. And enjoy this cool Sunday morning DF, And AF.

Comment

Quick check in here! Will catch up when I get home! Be strong, everyone!!!
        Xo, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

You_Rock_Emoticon.gifCongrats on 8 months frances!!You_Rock_Emoticon.gif
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

What a nice surprise to log on this morning and see that abccowboy! Thank you!! It's starting to feel more and more normal :-)

Comment

Looks as though congrats are in order for Frances - 8 months! Way to go and thank you for the great posts. :welldone:

STL, congrats on your 90 days. How awesome, and also, your posts have helped me greatly. :sohappy:

Mr. B, I'm glad you're having a nice Sunday morning. What a great feeling. Yeah, your wife rocks!

Nar, it sounds like you hang out with a great group of women and it doesn't matter whether you drink or not. I think that's the norm as you get to our age. My girlfriends wouldn't care either and more like support me.

G, I really liked your post and that you're pulling yourself out of the darkness.

Lav, stink bugs seem to be around a bit less now. I had the door open all day yesterday and we only got one inside. It's been really bad with them. We even have our fireplace duck-taped so they don't get in that way. But then we can't put our fireplace on.

Yesterday after I posted, I came down with nausea and then chills. I ended up sleeping on the couch most of the day. Don't know where it came from, although Friday I was not feeling myself. I feel much better today and now have a ton of stuff to catch up on. One thing at a time, one day at a time. Have a great day.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Just sticking my nose in here to congratulate STL on 90 days!
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hiya Everyone. Another great fall day here in the northern hemisphere. I am so happy to be sober. Congratulations to everyone with milestones, and keep up the good work! I'm going to research some good recipes because we've been eating boring food due to my work schedule. I'm thinking stews and crock pot meals that take 15 min. in the am. I honestly can't imagine this day with alcohol in my system. I know there will be times that I will want it and that feel hard without it - and I need to remember that this is a constant process. But it feels SO much easier keeping a quit than doing the yoyo start/stop thinking nightmare. I feel like I've come to a bit of peace with this decision. I just don't want to give AL any more of my time. And I would like if I could give these damn political ads no more of my time too - REEEALLY tired of them!!!

I hope everyone does something delicious today! Hugs XO
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, Kensho

This is a pretty good crock pot cookbook for families: http://www.amazon.com/Make-It-Fast-C.../dp/1401310044. If you like spicier food, though, you pretty much need to double her suggestions.

It's great to hear you sounding so good!

Comment

Thanks NS! Crock pots are such a time saver, and they make the house smell so good!
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

France's, way to go! 8 Big Ones!! Yippee!
                        What a great way to start your day with a message from Cowboy. He keeps better track than us!

STL, 90 days! Oh yeah!

J-Vo, hope you are feeling better today, sounds like a touch of food poisoning. Yuk.
                        Ok, what are stink bugs? We don't have them here, right now there are hardly any bugs around. They are calling for snow this aft. We will see.
                        Kensho's, I am making Mexican Soup in my crock pot right now. Love my crock pot, what a great invention. Hope you find a good recipe. Thanks for the link (as usual) NS.

Lav, ya, time to put the dogs somewhere else so you can sleep! Crazy dogs eh?

Mr B is mowin the lawn, awesome!

Have a great sober day!
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Congrats to Frances and STL. Impressive!!! Way to go.

I also have some soup simmering in the crock pot right now, stink bugs are invading my house, and I woke up with a sinus headache. Wow - if you all didn't know me, you would think I'm just making this up. LOL.

Going to go lay down for a while and see if I can knock this blasted infection out of me by morning. Happy Sunday/Monday everyone.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Hi,
                            I am just starting out. I have been reading this thread off and on for a few weeks. It is now time.

Can you please tell me if you are all using the full program, with the CD's and the suppliments? I am having trouble finding Kudzu and was considering ordering it.

thanks,
                            BG

Comment

Hi BeachGirly and welcome. Glad you made the leap from lurker to member. That's a huge step towards a brand new, AL-free life. I did start off using the entire program, and I found it helpful. Since then, I have made adjustments and added/subtracted different supplements. I have a regimen of supps now that work well for me.

My first suggestion though would be to be very gentle with yourself in these early days. Eat well, drink lots of fluids, and sleep when you need to. You also asked about the hypnosis CD, and I can't recommend hypnosis enough. I still use various recordings every single day. Although I get most of mine through the Google app store these days.

Hope to get to know you better. Just so you know, it can be a bit quiet around here on Sunday afternoon/Monday morning, depending what part of the world you live in. Others will be along shortly to lend advice and support. Post often!!
                              Last edited by MossRose; October 26, 2014, 02:30 PM.
                              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

There are so many awards that the prize patrol is having to take notes!
                                STL hanging in with a whopping 90 days!! :hanging:
                                Francis floating along with 8 months!!! :fairy:
                                we have J-vo, Kensho and Fluff shining brightly with 7 days behind them!!! :moon: X 3!!!

Little beagle, you had me at 'Hot Chocolate Bar'. Wow! What a great idea!!!

Finally home and getting things put away and washed. Nice to be home and back to my own stuff. I tell you, my son in law was a brilliant man, but he didnt throw anything away. Tylenol that went out of date in 2005, every cord from anything he ever owned. Seiously? Who saves cords? He cut many off but most had the transformer thing with it. 100's of them! Manuals from appliances from the 80's! Pens! 100's of pens! O-rings? Who has 2 boxes of O-rings? Every scrap of wood....It was exhausting that one man had so much stuff! I know it was a gut wrenching weekend for my step daughter but we finally made a dent in all of it.

Now I need to attend to myself! I am in need of some maintenance....scalding, scraping, dying, trimming!

Beachgirly, so glad you are here! Be sure to check out the Tool Box (link in my signature line) for some really helpful tips and coping skills! How long since your last drink? Welcome aboard!!!

Comgrats everyone for being here! Byrdie
                                Last edited by Byrdlady; October 26, 2014, 02:52 PM.
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X