No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome2.gif BeachGirly! As Byrdy said, you've found a great place to get lot's of help and support!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Welcome Beach Girl! I'm glad you found your way here. I never used the supplements our the CDs so I can't give you any advice there. Getting alcohol out of my life has been the most important improvement of my adult life. It is for almost all of us I would be willing to bet. It may seem a little intimidating at first but it is such a positive road. Glad you are with us!
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hi Nesters.

Frances and STL a huge congratulations to you both. The journey may be rough at times but never as rough as what we looked like and felt when we were drinking. An amazing achievement for you both. Mr G it is your 90 days today and i am so proud of you getting to where you are especially emotionally and physically. You are an inspiration to mwo.

Welcome BG you have made the best decision in your life to join MWO. I have not one regret in my 10 months of sobriety. I never used supps or cd's. I used grit and determination and reading and staying on here and posting like a lunatic when i felt the cravings. I also had my children as my support network as well as here. Acceptance of never having a drink is hard so i just took it day by day and i still do. You have taken the first step BG, keep walking with us. Do whatever suits your needs in being af, you will find what works.

Crock pot days are just about over here although you would not know it with the crap weather here today. I went to go to work but due to storms the roads are gridlocked so i am staying home. i could go in later but i choose not to.

Yesterday i went on a date, yes a date to the beach, yes the beach! i hate the beach as most redheads do but i had a lovely day. I had actually seen this guy about a year ago in my drinking days and he told me how great i looked and also how much i had grown emotionally. To me that meant a great deal. He met me in my pretty bad drinking period, although i always behaved when out, so he has seen the before and after shots and liked the new me. I feel like like a butterfly coming out of its cocoon (i know corny) but al trapped me in so many ways. He did offer me a drink and i looked at it petrified and said no and told him i was a recovering alcoholic. He did laugh and say he had never seen someone have a look of pure horror come over their facial features as i did. How time has changed my thinking, he drank and i drank coke zero.

To me now, time is what makes this journey easier, each and everyday i become stronger, i am healing. So guys take it one day at a time, dont give in and protect your quit with every inch of your being.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Nice post Ava, and thanks for your kind words. I feel great.

Welcome Beach girly! Great to see you here. You've found an inspiring place with around 8 years of wisdom, tips and encouragement for you to immerse yourself in. Go for it.

Congrat's STL and Frances! Keep it going friends.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical week and MAE. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'm checking in. I felt really agitated this afternoon for some reason... maybe because I didn't have my sugar fix that I've come to enjoy as a temporary substitute to alcohol. That needs to stop though. Those rough moods do bring back a few of the initial thoughts of "escape", but I have to say that remembering what agony I felt while drinking sends me on the right path immediately. At least, it has so far!

Welcome Beachgirly! Glad you're here.

I went for a run, and need to go shower off before enjoying my spanish beef stew!

(I never know what to say at this point because it's morning for some, afternoon for others... so I usually just say what applies to me and hope you all catch the sentiment...) SO, happy evening everyone! Thanks for being here~!
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi,
              Thanks for the advice.
              I would much prefer to find the apps rather than CD's - I am going to search for that.

Are they the same as the CD's?

Comment

Kensho why does the sugar intake need to stop? There is time enough for that down the track. I gained 6kgs when i stopped drinking and ate what i wanted. Now as time has gone on the sugar intake is less but when i WANT sugar i eat it. Your body is telling you what it wants so go for it. those al thoughts wont be there tomorrow and each day is different. You will be fine and posting on here is acknowledging to yourself that you sooooo dont want to drink.

BG what apps do you mean?
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Congrats to frances & STL today - great work both of you

Welcome BG!
                  The most important thing you need to do right now is to make a good working plan for yourself. Have you looked in the Tool box yet? It's full of great ideas.
                  I did purchase & use the MWO CDs when I started & I highly recommend them. I'm sure you can find something similar online to download. I used my own supplements primarily because I have a lot of allergies & sensitivities & just wanted to use something that wouldn't cause me any problems. Lots of folks here have used the recommended supplements with good results. I did not try kudzu. You'll find what works best for you. Be sure to stay close, check in often.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi,
                    Thank you so much for all the warm welcomes. I feel excited to be on the right track already.
                    I will check out the tool box mentioned, I had not seen that yet.

Have a wonderful week everyone. I will stay close. I do work evenings this week, which is always a hard time for me, but I will check in here and read the days thoughts to help.

Thx.BG

Comment

So beautiful to see u getting out. Great therapy to just talk and the beach atmosphere is the cats meow.

UR a fighter and I am walking long side u in Spirit. I luv UR last sentence...". Protect UR quit with very inch of UR being".

I will pass that one along to my son some day.

Besides I am so
                      Jealous it's cold, rainy, windy winter in the US , and U were at a beautiful beach.
                      I could only dream for the warmth of the sun on my skin.

Hope u enjoyed UR day & got a nice tan...
                      Last edited by SHADES_of_IDAHO; October 27, 2014, 02:37 AM.
                      "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

I'm in Bama. I;m going to try again tomr, but I feel it's too late now to get my colonoscopy before my MIL gets here. My hubby's is Tues so Mon and Tues are shot. I guess I have to go see GP again for him to remember me. My tremors actually got a bit better until 2 days ago...then I couldn't even hold a water glass. I'm so sick of medical protocols. I gotta read back....

Comment

btw- 4 days as of now..

Comment

Hi everyone! Congrats Frances and STL. Welcome Beachy! Sarah42, hope you are ok.
                            My time in NYC was frantic and busy. I walked past bars and they seemed foreign to me. Walking into one seemed as plausible as walking into one of the adult shops, lol. But getting home last night was a trigger, I deserved it. Instead I let DH get me cup of tea (monkey blossom oolong) and went to bed. Actually talked to my brother who is an alcoholic last evening on way home and he was sober. in the evening! that was the third time in about a week I had a conversation with him that made sense after 5 pm. I was pleased. He needs to stop or he is going to die.

J Vo hope you are feeling better. Kensho, be easy on yourself. One thing at a time. But you might try eating something healthy and sweet like a honey crisp apple or an orange when you get the craving.

Off to take on Monday - clearheaded and ready for adventure!

Comment

Good morning Nesters & happy Monday to all

Mondays aren't such a big deal when you wake up clear headed & ready to roll - remember that

Sarah, great on your 4 days AF, keep going!

I'm off for some exercise to get this week started right. Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning, Nesters!
                                Colonoscopy, huh? (Insert joke here). Mine is scheduled for Nov 5, so stay tuned for some MAJOR whining on Nov 4th! I get the darn things yearly, they really ARE a pain in the arse! Hubs always asks the Dr to check for my head while he's up there (that just never gets old!). I have had polyps in the past, so I understand it is a life saving procedure and worth the few days of inconvenience. Much like our sober journey... Congrats on your 4 days!
                                YogaMom, always good to see you. I tell you in our world of Alk'ism, there are no words that speak as loudly as our actions. Being a sober example for your brother will carry more weight than any amount of nagging. Great job on resisting over the weekend. That feeling that we DESERVE a drink should be CLUE #1 that we shouldn't have one. After all, good behavior should be rewarded with something positive, right? AL is out to kill us. I found that by rewarding myself with a bubblebath or a scented candle or an orchid or something did me a LOT more good than a drink. AFTER the drink you feel like thit. That's no reward! Just think it thru to the other side, like you did! Great job!

Jane27 is celebrating a birthday today!! Birthy Hapday to you!!!!
                                :celebrate:
                                Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X