Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters.....Got busy doing evening chores so never got a chance to get on here. Now, I'm so tired that I am heading to bed.

Hippy sure hit a chord with me with the post about 'doing everything for everyone else'. I started to make a comment and it turned into a novel!! I ended up posting it over on my little journal I have. It's a very confusing mess but it really felt good to say it all - I'll post the link here but believe me nobody needs to bother to read it Nora's journey

It is so late. I will try to be up early to get breakfast started for everyone!!!
    Goodnight & good morning!!!!
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Nora. Read your thread. Feels good to let it go, doesnt it...... I need to do more of that.
      Take care.
      HC x
      I finally got it!
      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. My first af free morning wake up for a while now, I'd forgotten how good it felt even if I slept badly. Anyway wishing us all a good AF day
        WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
          Thanks Lav.. I definately want to consider all of you my friends..! you have helped me so much more than any friends in "real" life..
          Thank you Tranq..
          Hippy, Nora, leavinsilence; hope you're all doing well..
          Day 5 over and out.. its evening here, and im pooped also so will be going to bed soon.. was tempted to go and wine earlier.. but I did not give in, and went home instead.. i was feeling a bit lonely (again!) - loneliness is my No.1 enemy at the moment.. i live in the one of the best cities in the world but hardly get to enjoy it as im either working or looking after my little boy.. i dont want to sound like im complaining but i really have no-one here, though i love my boy to bits.. but i never have anything to do or anywhere to go.. i'm just tired of being on my own..
          Anyway, thats enough from me!
          Katie x
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Leave in silence. I've been wondering about you, nice to hear from you again.

Katie - keep your chin up. AL wont make you any less lonely. Come here and post when you need to. Stay strong.
            Hip x
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI all...
              I am still here...just soooooooo busy and have to catch up on everyone's posts....

still no paycheck....2 weeks late now and the lying bastard tells me every day he has sent them....i think i may have to have a migraine today....but then my office will be closed and the poo will hit the fan....guess i will plod on...
              kisses to all and i will catch up later
              oh by the way....not af...but the topa has made a HUGE diff and i only two beers last nite instead of my ususal 10 or 12!!! yeah!!!!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Coming to the end of day 4 here and a Friday night too. I feel like this is the end of a era (as Hippy described earlier). No more champagne on Christmas morning. I'm doing a big trip in June and I can't imagine getting on a plane and not drinking AL. Cross that bridge when I come to it.

But it's also the start of a new era. Less depression, less mania, more control, more life!!

I'm going out to an Indian restuarant tomorrow evening so I will make a deal with hubby - he drives there and I'll drive back. I've always thought AL didn't go with Indian food - there are too many beautiful flavours without having to add beer or wine. Sparkling water will be fine.

Hope everyone is having a good day / evening.
                Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spam;824728 wrote: Hi All,

Coming to the end of day 4 here and a Friday night too. I feel like this is the end of a era (as Hippy described earlier). No more champagne on Christmas morning. I'm doing a big trip in June and I can't imagine getting on a plane and not drinking AL. Cross that bridge when I come to it.

But it's also the start of a new era. Less depression, less mania, more control, more life!!

I'm going out to an Indian restuarant tomorrow evening so I will make a deal with hubby - he drives there and I'll drive back. I've always thought AL didn't go with Indian food - there are too many beautiful flavours without having to add beer or wine. Sparkling water will be fine.

Hope everyone is having a good day / evening.
                  Spam xx
                  Hi Spam - This is Day 5 for me (albeit the second time - this time I'll get it right!) and last night I was thinking along the same lines as you. My first stab at keeping al in my life was this thought: Suppose I still drink, but only on my holidays? Thankfully, I quickly followed that up with: But why would you want to feel like s*** on your holidays???! BTW - Indian food sounds awesome; be sure to post and tell us what you had so we can all do our Pavlov's dog routines! Coco
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

Hello to eveyone - so many today

LIS, good to see you back, stick around for a while!

Mama Bear, sorry to hear about your work difficulties. I once worked for a place that handed us bad checks - they bounced when I tried to cash them. Needless to say I didn't stay there long..........

I have a busy day ahead, need to get started.
                    Wishing everyone strength today no matter what is happening in our lives!
                    TGIF

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! (and Evening to the down under crew!)

Busy little nest these last 24 hours -- only have a minute to post as I have spent so much time reading all of the posts! I am off to work my long day...still with the nasty little head cold....wishing I could call out but have so little precious sick/vacation time I can't bear too! (nice how they bundle the two forcing nurses to come to work sick or else lose their summer vacations!!!!! Nasty....)
                      Anyways, enough of my cranky venting! I am doing well AF. Must say I am having few cravings. I am really getting much more accomplished AF in the evenings -- and I much better with my lovely girls -- and I don't let my fresh little 6 year old push my buttons nearly as much!!!! I am able to count backwards from 10 or say the Serenity Prayer or whatever I need to do -- It is quite nice...not to say I don't still have my moments....now if I can only get myself out walking or something.... ODAT!!!! Off to work!
                      Wishing you all well. Thanks for being here -- it is always a comfort to know that you all are here! Who would have know????

Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all......I'm really running late this morning. I'm sorry that I didn't have time to put the coffee on. I will check in later today.

Have a wonderful AF day!!!!!!!
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning/evening everyone.

Violet70, I have a terrible head cold myself. I hope we both feel better soon. So nice too hear how your life is already better AF.

Lavende, I read your post on your flower garden. I know It's going too be beautiful when they bloom. Question, what temperture do they grow best in? I would love too grow some myself, if it's possiable with our Texas summer. It gets really hot around here!

Coco-Nut, congratulations on day 5 AF!

Spam, I agree with Coco-Nut, Indian food sounds great, enjoy! Also, great job on day 4 AF !

mamabear, I really hope things improve soon with your job. Missed you around the boards yesterday afternoon.

Hippy Chick, It sounds like you are ready to go out there and grab life! It makes me excited for my own future, thanks.

KatieB, good job on day 5 AF. I agree with Hippy Chick that drinking would just compound the problem. We all need to help you figure out some answers, to fill this void in your life.

leaveinsilence, nice to meet you and :goodjob: on day 1 AF.

NoraC, I'am so glad you got a chance too get that off your chest. I think I might try it myself.

papmom3, I hope the pups let you get some sleep last night.

TranqWilly, It sounds like you got some good eats while you were here but what is going on in your life since you got back? Everything ok with you?

Well everyone have a great day!
                          runningwind
                          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning and Good Evening everyone!!
                            It's another beautiful morning here in New England! I have crocuses in my front yard and redwinged blackbirds flying through my backyard so I believe Spring has finally sprung. Even bought new birdseed for the wee ones! Just have to clean out the filthy feeder and we're good to go. It will be nice to see them up close again.
                            Another sleepless nite-couldn't get to sleep and then pups woke me up at 3 to go out. I really wish I could figure out what is going on with them. I'm afraid my version of a snooze button would hurt them too much LOL!! JK all, I would NEVER hit my pups!!
                            I'm going to try no melatonin or calm forte tonite and no sleep learning cd. If that doesn't work then I'm going to have to call my MD next week for an Rx sleep aid because this can't go on. The only silver lining in all of this is that my sleep deprivation isn't compounded by a hangover or wine head TG!!
                            I've got the subliminial CD playing here at work and the sound of the surf is really nice. Things are very slow here today because our system is completely down so I don't really need the relaxing sounds of the CD but I can't wait to play it when I'm cranking out the work next week.
                            Going to my Dad's for dinner tonite. I know he has 2 bottles of PG in the fridge just for me. I've already told him I'm only drinking water but still, it's going to be very hard to resist. end of the week and all and it's been our "tradition" to drink wine at dinner together. I've switched my dose of Kudzo so that I'll take it right before I leave work along with the L-glut. Hopefully that will do the trick.
                            Have a great day everyone!! Here's to just another day AF!! :h
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oooh.... now here's a good one for us all to try:

"One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time."
                              ~Lady Astor

Am I having a good time yet?:sofa:
                              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

BTW - In case any of you get on this forum during the business day from your work computer as I do - it's a good idea to delete your internet history and temp files as soon as you log off the site. (Just a little tip any case you aren't already doing this!)

:ranger
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X