Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning for me nesters.

Well 11 months today and what can i say other than its been a farking tough week in Linda land. My mum has to get tests for stomach cancer or cervical cancer, my friend robert still has not has his cancer salvage operation, patients at work have been falling over in front of me and if my brain had to stress anymore i would be screaming. By Thursday all i wanted was 2 bottles of wine to block the anger/stress/pain out, just for a night, nothing more, just that night but of course i didnt. drinking to me seems foreign now but i knew that al would block it all out. Funny but its not the way to deal with life anymore. Suck it up and go with it is more my motto. They were not thoughts that i knew i would give into and i thank Roxanne for being there for me as she always is. I even went on a couple of dates with the same guy (heaven forbid) and i mentioned to him i how i felt and he even said no, you are way too nice now and come way too far to drink and how the hell could i come on here and post that i drank. So i went and got my nails done and drank 1000 cups of coffee and ate sugar and was so lazy but i made it and whatever is thrown at me in the coming weeks and months i know i wont drink. I dont want my old life back. The sober me can deal with what is thrown at me but i did have to pull a lot of resources up to deal with this last week. I will never forget my plans to keep sober as they truly work.

So in celebration i am going out shopping, my new fav pasttime with Mia to celebrate my day.

thank you all at the nest, i so appreciate this site.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

STL, those pics are really foul or is it fowl? LOL

Happy birthday to the birthday kids Byrdie & Roadside:happy2:

Ginger, CONGRATS on 6 months AF:welldone:

I'm still in my shop working but getting lots done today - Yay!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cross post Ava.
        Congrats on your 11 AF month, great.
        Sorry about all the sick ones, sad.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Ava!
          Great job on those 11 months! Arent you glad you were this far along when all these trials came your way! When I hit a rough patch, it makes me so proud that I did the heavy lifting on the front end. Sure, those thoughts creep in from time to time, but now we know how to push them out! We KNOW we are capable of getting thru the situation on our own. we are so proud of you, and holding you close in out thoughts!
          :witch:
          Heres to our very own witchy woman!!! Xxoo
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Ava - I'm sorry to hear that your mom isn't feeling well and needs tests, but fingers crossed for a good outcome. And I know you have been very concerned for your friend. Saying prayers. I am just so inspired by your strength while facing so much stress. What a timely post. A perfect follow-up to last night's conversation in the nest. Thanks for the reminder that when the going get tough, (and it will at times because life is like that) - it is still better to handle things sober, and with a clear head. Good advice about reaching out too. Isolating is the first step to relapse. At least it always was for me. Anyway, this guy sounds like a keeper. Supportive. I like that. Good for you.

STL - I remember a few too many nights like that. YUCK.

Roadside - I don't think we've met yet, but hope you have a happy birthday.

Looking forward to the weekend. I'm spending time with a dear friend tomorrow, and then seeing my SIL on Sunday (she's home from the hospital for a few weeks). I am happy and content, even if it did snow today....
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Yo Nester's near and not so far,

Congratulations on 6 months Ginger! Legend.

Congratulations on 11 months Ava! Sorry to hear of your mum's and friend's situations. I hope they are at least pain free at this time. Thanks for your post above. You are inspirational. Well done my friend.

Byrdy and Roadside, i hope you are having or have had a bonza birthday.

Wishing all a safe, sober and magical weekend. Passing the butt velcro to the........................left! G

xpost. Hiya Mossy!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

STL~ Thank you for the kind words, I have definitely mastered the art of sarcasm, I'm sure my sense of humor Isn't for everyone, F! 'em if they don't like it:congratulatory:

Ava, my friend I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this stuff with your loved ones. You are in my prayers sweet lady.
                What a great achievement! 11 months, your a true Rockstar! :heartbeat:
                AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

First night done. Absolutely exhausted. Gutted out my room to paint it then put it together again. Head feels a lot clearer from doing it.
                  Still feeling the effects of drinking. I know it will take a few days to settle.
                  Glad to be back. Just got to stay strong.
                  Might start Christmas shopping tomorrow. Or I might just do nothing! But I will be sober! Ha!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

BeachGirly is heading to the beach.

Off to Mexico - will check in when home.

Stay AF everyone, I will keep you and your words of wisdom close while I am away.

BG

Comment

Struggling a little bit this week, not sure why. If it was easy, we wouldn't be here, right? Could use some words of encouragement.
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Elvis- Hang in there man...not sure if you like football, but here is a quote to live by:

“It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.”
                        – Vince Lombardi

Alcoholism is a challenge of the mind. Dopamine tells you AL makes things better, but the reality is (as we all know) it will make things worse. You need better of words of encouragement? Look at daisy's post a few back (and awesome job Daisy!)...this can be a tiring fight..but there is scientific proof that shows the more you win the fight every day, the more the long term fight shifts in your favor. Keep fighting ...and Happy Halloween :ghost: we are all in this together

....somebody cue some Rocky music
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Elivis, what's going on? Need to add some tools to your plan?
                          Let us know how we can help

BG, a weekend in Mexico sounds nice but I hope you plan to keep your AF streak going - you've had a good start!

I don't really know what I want in the future but I do know what I don't want. I will not put myself into the position of having to face another Day one! I'm honestly not sure I have another quit in me & I don't want to find out.
                          I'm staying grateful no matter what!!!!

Have a nice fire in the fireplace this evening - first of the season.
                          Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Rocky :smile:

I agree with you, Lav. I have no desire to see what another day 1 would be like!

Stay strong, just like it says in the song, Nesters! And here's one just for you, Elvis :hug:.

Comment

I feel delirious after this week - but so grateful to be sober. I had a great time at a halloween party tonight (parents and kids). Some were drinking. I can't say I haven't thought about it the last few days - I've had my share of tired, hungry and stressed. It's amazing how that has influenced my body's desires. But I know what it would do for me- put me right back in that place I was 12 days ago - feeling lost, angry, confused, obsessed and under an influence. Tonight, I feel free, confident, happy, and generally proud to be me, a non-drinker.

My pillow is calling. I'll catch up on reading after some zzzzzz's. Love to all.
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi everybody, just a quick check in after a very long day at work.
                                Ginger, huge congratulations on your 6 months.
                                Ava, thinking of you and your loved ones. I hope you get a chance to take a breath. So happy for your 11 months.
                                Daisy, it's always so nice to see you here.
                                Elvis, sending you some support. I find it comforting to just take care of basics sometimes, eat, sleep and exercise.

Get and remain grateful, folks. We ARE the lucky ones. Thanks for all the great posts today. It props me up and warms the heart.
                                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
                                X