No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolve, sorry you are having problems at home. One thing I learned early on is that failure is just a lesson I haven't learned yet. Every time I failed at controlling my drinking I made sure to examine why I drank and what I should have done differently. And then I made a change so I wouldn't repeat my error. You learned a valuable lesson, one that we all need to learn in our journey, that moderation doesn't work.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. It's nice to be able to share things with people who "get it." I feel good tonight that I'm not drinking. I need to get back to my normal exercise routine but I skipped the gym so I could come right home after work and take some time for myself. I think it was helpful. I have a few more minutes to myself before I need to start dinner, but I wanted to let you know your posts today meant a lot to me.

Jeez, as I reread that, it came across really sappy in my head so here's a wacky smilie to lighten the mood back up. :hiya:
    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Looks like Byrdie & I both survived today ~ both nest mums were out of service for a while there

CONGRATS to STL & G for 100 AF days!!!!!

Elvis, just keep trying because you will do this! Same to you Resolve! We're looking for progress, not perfection

J-vo, get yourself some Vit D - I take a 5,000 iu capsule every day - see if your depression doesn't improve. These short hours of daylight can be harsh on some of us.

I'm inmy shop catching up on some work.
      Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Welcome back Byrdie

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I just got home after a long, productive and quite enjoyable day, and to my delight - more great and thoughtful posts. The Nest is rocking these days and I can barely wait to get through work so I can log on and get my daily dose of inspiration.

Congrats G and STL. Well done and inspiring.

Ava - my heart hurts for you right now. You are such a good friend - IRL and to all of us here. Blessings to you, girl.

Elvis - I love your honesty. It's so hard to come here after a stretch of sobriety, and admit to drinking. I've been there enough times. But the fact is - you did come back. So dust yourself off and give it another go. You can do this. We're by your side. xx

SF - an invite to an ex's wedding?? Ouch!! Hang in there.

j-vo - yes, I'll take panicking over no coffee over no wine any day!! Good point. We've got this, my friend.

Daisy - I totally understand the sleeping with one eye open due to mice thing. I would be doing the same thing. Hope you are varmint free soon.

Resolve - Your posts are powerful. Stay close.

Byrdie and Lav - love to you both.

I receive a wonderful gift tonight. Still reeling at how thoughtful my parents are and how lucky I am.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Thank you all. It means so much to me. Unfortunately they found other stuff wrong today. Not looking good. I'm so sad. Heading home to be with him in couple days. I do no this is one more thing to stay sober. Got to keep head clear definitely.iv done do much damage financially using that it really sucks at times like this. I'm hanging on to my wife be a thread as it is. Now this. Help me stay strong.

Comment

thank you every one for the nice welcome!!!! today is my day 2 alcohol free baby!! i feel great!!!!!!!!
            “There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. . . . But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.”

Comment

J-vo I have been dealing with a bit of depression lately too. But I took the advice of Lav, got some vitamin D and B. It really perked me up aftee about 3-4 days. I do feel better.
              Mr. B my heart goes out to you. And yes. This is a reason to stay sober. I'm so glad you said that.
              Elvis I'm glad you are here. Sorry about Sunday, but it sounds like you really have it this time. No Matter What!!
              Resolve thank you for that inspiring post.
              Ava I'm glad you can be there for Robert. What a wonderful thing to do for someone.
              Byrdie I guess those behind jokds just don't get old. I'm still laughing.
              STL and G-man yeah!! Triple digits.
              Mossrose you sound good.
              Have a good night, or day everyone.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Wow, Mr. B- sorry to hear things took a bad turn...our hopes and prayers are with you.

J-vo/ LB- I agree...I have a ton of reseach on B- vitamins and their impacts on the brain chemical levels that I can send you, but taking a B-complex mix twice a day (and some other supplements) has made a huge difference in my post drinking emotional swings...I swear by them. (The complex interaction of the GABA system, dopamine and serotonin is a very interesting subject actually)

Andrew Weil, M.D., provides health and wellness information, shares advice and recipes, and answers questions on the principles of integrative medicine.

The race that never ends continues tomorrow...lace up your best runners everyone..we will keep going, no matter how many hurdles
                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

STL, G, way to go! 100 big ones. Yahoo!

Resolve I too thought I didn't need MWO just like you. I was here in 2006 and then went off to 'moderate' for about 3 years. Quit again for 3 months and then drank for another 3 years. Ya, I thought the MWOers couldn't help me. I could moderate. Well, I am here to say I Cannot moderate and this time MWO really helped me. Two things: the support from this group and being ready to quit have helped me to stay sober for over 200 days. I do not plan to drink again, for now I will just take it day by day.
                  So glad you are here. We are strong together. Elvis, Shaw, I am glad you are here too.

J-Vo, try some of that vitamin D, it might help!

Byrdie, glad your bottoms up wasn't a glass of booze and actually was your bottom
                  Daisy, mice totally creep me out. Dirty little things. I hope you get rid of them soon.
                  Xo Ava, you are a good friend

Have a great night everyone, thanks for the interesting posts.
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Mr B~ Hang in there my friend. 7 years ago my father, mentor and best friend, was diagnosed with lung cancer. It was basically untreatable when they found it and lost his battle in just a few short weeks. My point here is not to paint a grim picture or outlook for you only that, I was very fortunate at the time this was going on I was about 6 months sober, my mind a clear, I was there for my family, I remember the last days I had with him. I will never forget that. I wish the best for you and your family. Stay close to us during these tough times, this family (MWO) is our shield, or force field against the evil ways of Alcohol.
                    Stay Hard my friend and God be with you
                    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Such quality people here. Thanks for that. Have a good night.
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, Everyone:

Resolve - yep - none or 10.

G Man! So happy for your 100 days. Your positive spirit has helped so many along this path. Thanks for being here, and have yourself a bewdy!

STL - Awesome for you as well. 100 days was BIG for me, but I was where Ava was - I felt a little flat for a while after. You could go find our musings on the Ladies on a Mission thread. It was all predictable, and just like these old timers were telling us - it gets better. I hope you both stay close.

The theme for today was "be willing to get out of your way." Thanks for that Byrdie, and I heard it another place today, too. End the hand wringing, angst and fear - get out of your way and, as Pinecone pointed out, ENJOY sobriety! It is truly amazing.

Ava - Best to Robert. Mr. B - sorry about your news.

Everyone - sleep tight (although some of you are just waking up).

Pav

Comment

And welcome, Shaw, and welcome back, Elvis! Good on you for coming here, and coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
                            Thank you all. It means so much to me. Unfortunately they found other stuff wrong today. Not looking good. I'm so sad. Heading home to be with him in couple days. I do no this is one more thing to stay sober. Got to keep head clear definitely.iv done do much damage financially using that it really sucks at times like this. I'm hanging on to my wife be a thread as it is. Now this. Help me stay strong.
                            Hang in there Mr B. Thinking of you friend.

Thanks everyone for the congrat's! It's noice.

Take it easy out there. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Huge congratulations to Guitarista and STL. Thank you both for being such positive forces in the nest.
                              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                              AF 11/12/11

Comment

G and STL, coming in a bit late but a big well done on your milestone! Onwards and upwards!
                                Feeling better today after getting a decent nights sleep. Think I will be kipping with my daughter for a while....
                                Checked traps and no mice. But one trap in the kitchen had the bait eaten from it....crafty buggers! Heading out now to get some 'super traps'! I am determined to get these wee feckers!
                                Elvis, good on you for getting right back at it.....that is a sore point for me and one I need to keep at the forefront if I get a thought of drinking.....Once I drink I am away at it for days, weeks, months......find it so hard to get back.
                                I am here now and sticking close....day 7
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X