Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Nesters,

Lav I wish I can do less traveling. Getting ready for long trip tomorrow to hong Kong via Delhi. I hate it jet lag.

Elvis , yes I struggeled a lot initially and also during PAWS when I was quite numb irritated etc. Now back on track .

Good night. Trying to sleep
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

welcome back blackflag- how have things been? Way to go Daisy- making great strides.

Resolve- a little off topic, but I just noticed my avatar kinda looks like a goalie trying save a bounce off your avatar when I see them on the same page....and I'm not even drinking
      “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

I just wanted to say thanks for the support & the private messages - I feel the love & appreciate all of you.

Sadly, last night my BIL decided to take his own life, in his garage. We are (were) neighbors.
        He had lived with profound depression since his 18 year old son died in an AL related accident back in 2003. And yes, the choice he made to end his suffering was fueled by a day of hard drinking with a 'friend'.
        He leaves a wife, a daughter & two very young grandchildren. This is the choice he made for himself. The rest of us are left to cope. Yet another example of how AL kills & kills again ;(

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest! Be kind to yourselves & loved ones!

Lav

Does anyone really ever need
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Lav. Thank you for sharing with us the role alcohol played in this tragedy. It is so important that we all take this very seriously.
          I hope that all the people who loved him can find peace.

xx, NS

Comment

Lav, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Just a quick check in from me, exhausted from work today. Goodnight!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Lav, we are thinking of you!
              I absolutely HATE AL. B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

So sorry for you loss Lav. It is always tragic when someone dies from al but sadly this is what al does to us. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Lav, there are no words to help and heal, only time....but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Bless, O God of eternal life,
                  all who have died
                  by their own hand.
                  Grant them peace
                  from their inner turmoil
                  and the compassion of your love.
                  Comfort those who mourn
                  their loved ones.
                  Strengthen them to face the questions of pain,
                  the guilt and anger,
                  the irreparable loss.
                  Help us to reach out in love
                  to others who prefer death
                  to the choices of life
                  and to their families who grieve.
                  Last edited by abcowboy; November 10, 2014, 10:10 PM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lav, and the heartbreak your family is dealing with now. We are all thinking of you.
                    Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Lav- I am very sorry for your loss.

Comment

Just checking in. It's been a on weekend. My wife and I drove 11 hundred miles to be with my dad. He's not doing good we have no idea how much time he has left with us. He is home, where he wants to be. I believe it's in God's hands at this point. No alcohol or drug urges for me. Thank god. Just gives me more reason to stay clean. He's been drinking my whole life, just caught up with him I guess. God bless to all have a great nite.

Comment

My prayers are with you lav

Comment

Lav, such sad news. My thoughts are with all of you.
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Lav, So sorry to hear this news of loss in your family.

Pie

Comment

Lav - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                                Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X