No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy Lav, really sorry about all this and happy (at the same time) that you are sober to be able to help your family through it.
    Suicide can be such a confusing thing to deal with and all the guilt that goes along with it.
    Please take good care of yourself these days.
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear your sad family news about your BIL Lav --- my thoughts are with you and your family --- and Daisy --- so sad --- thinking of you both xxx
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

My condolences to you and your families Daisy and Lav.

Alcohol really magnifies any depression or sadness we are feeling, and distorts our thinking so much.

Take care. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by See the Light View Post
          Maybe..Post-acute withdrawal can last for up to 2 years..and can be a a trigger for relapse so be on guard. Definitely try to relax how ever you usually do and see if it passes..be aware of your moods because they are often related to something else going on

...or maybe you just hate people breaking things! :happy2:
          I am very much aware of the paws danger. I listen to a Bubble Hour about it again today because I am very worried about myself.
          I decided to start taking the powder multi vitamins again. The same I took when I first quit wine.
          Thanks for your post, I am on guard these days taking nothing for granted.
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss lav.

Today is day 1 proper. I'm home, had plenty to eat and sat at home with some na drinks. Gonna watch some TV and get an early night.

Hope everyone is cool.

Comment

Lav, so sorry for your loss.

Stay strong everyone and beat this a-hole!

Had a moment this evening after a long all-day meeting. Afterwards there was a networking reception. I was going to go to the bathroom and log on here if I needed to. By the time the reception started I had a plan - get a cranberry and seltzer and fake it - it worked like a charm. These moments seem so daunting and then when you get it behind you it is not that bad and you are so much better off.
              Last edited by frances; November 11, 2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Besides a nasty tension headache I am just fine & ever so grateful for all your words & prayers of support. Thank you everyone, it means a lot to me!

Daisy, I am so sorry you are dealing with a sudden loss as well. Thinking of you & your family.

Ican, please know that you certainly can if that's what you really want. A few days of cravings & discomfort is a small price to pay for a lifetime of freedom from AL. Take charge of your life & kick AL out while you still can.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest & thanks again for all of your love & support

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ican - this may be awful advice, but when I went through my anger phase, I used to beat the crap out of my son's boxing bag. My son had one of those punching bags that's weighted to the floor. You punch it and it springs back up again. It was very therapeutic. I'm normally a very peaceful person. I practice yoga. I meditate. But at the time, my life was falling apart - my marriage was over, my house was being foreclosed on, my son wasn't speaking to me...and yeah, I was pissed off. I couldn't drink it away, so I needed to find a different way. So that poor bag took the brunt of my aggression, and sorrow. I've heard kickboxing is great too My counselor actually suggested it. Anyway, this may sound silly, but I swear it kept me from doing something I would regret. Just a thought - exercise may help with the anger until you are able to deal with it in a more cognitive way. These days, thankfully I am past that stage. Now, I need to take my own advice, and get moving again. Take care and stay close.

Lav - nice to see you. Sending all my love your way.
                  Last edited by MossRose; November 11, 2014, 08:25 PM.
                  Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

So you that don't know me I am on day one right now. It is 5:30 pm my time and this is when the drinking usually starts.
                    It is taking all the will power I have to not drive to the liquor store and by my vodka for the night.
                    Alcohol has its hooks into me pretty deep.
                    This post is all about me and I am sorry.
                    If I drink tonight I can beat myself up tomorrow and feel that old familiar shame, regret and remorse. Feeling I have become all to use to.
                    So I sit here and write hoping it helps me stay away from the bottle just for tonight. I need a day under my belt AF.
                    I SO NEED TO QUIT...
                    So a huge thank you all for being here so I can rant away about my struggle with the demon...

rednose
                    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Rednose - glad you found your way to the nest. Whatever you do - don't go to the liquor store! If you have booze in the house - pour it out. Stay with us...right here where it's safe. You can do this. xx

Comment

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
                        Rednose - glad you found your way to the nest. Whatever you do - don't go to the liquor store! If you have booze in the house - pour it out. Stay with us...right here where it's safe. You can do this. xx
                        MossRose,
                        Thanks for the support. No alcohol in the house and the liquor store closes in 70 minutes.. I can do this.

rednose

Comment

You can do this, rednose. Have you had dinner yet? Try to eat something. It will help with the craving.

Comment

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
                            You can do this, rednose. Have you had dinner yet? Try to eat something. It will help with the craving.
                            Yes had dinner, going to have some sort of non alcohol drink and maybe get in bed and watch some tv until the Liquor store is closed. Ice cream in the fridge and my to wonderful dogs to entertain me....

rednose

Comment

I am so glad to hear that. Ice cream in the freezer, and your wonderful dogs...heaven. I still get in bed and watch tv many nights. It's my safe place. Hang in there, friend. By the time the first program is over, the liquor store will be closed, and day one will be coming to an end. Tomorrow morning, you will wake up with no regrets, no hangover, and no shame. I can't wait to hear all about it. Sleep well. And I'm here if you need me.

Comment

Thanks MossRose
                                I am set for the minute. TV, dogs, Icecream and this site . I can even get on the site from my IPhone.
                                Thanks for the support

rednose

Comment

Working...
                                X