No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job, red nose that is how it is done. Keep repeating what you are doing now and the thing will lose its strength. Then the tactics change a little but that is why we need to stay connected here. Others can look at us so much more objectively because they are not caught up in the emotional packaging. Sending you support!

I can, don't be afraid to just go to sleep. Have you ever noticed that we never wake up in the same mood we went to bed in? Also, you can't drink when you're sleeping.
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Rednose~ Glad you found your way back, it's ok that today this is all about you, however you sharing your thoughts and story helps us all.
      It is much easier to STAY clean & sober than it is to GET clean & sober!

Stay Hard my friend!
      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Hey Rednose are you all tucked in and sober? I hope you made it. It is so hard to get through Day 1 isn't it? You will have so much energy in the morning and feel so much better. Good night.

Comment

NS...thanks for the reply earlier. I didn't get a chance to respond, but I did stay sober tonight!

Comment

icanwithoutacan,
            I have made it through the witching hour and yes in bed sober.
            Thanks for the support.

rednose
            All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Originally posted by Pinecone View Post
              Nice job, red nose that is how it is done. Keep repeating what you are doing now and the thing will lose its strength. Then the tactics change a little but that is why we need to stay connected here. Others can look at us so much more objectively because they are not caught up in the emotional packaging. Sending you support!

I can, don't be afraid to just go to sleep. Have you ever noticed that we never wake up in the same mood we went to bed in? Also, you can't drink when you're sleeping.
              Pinecone,

Thanks for the support and advise. I have made it past my witching hour. In bed sober.

Tomorrow is another day

Thank you

rednose

Comment

Originally posted by Matt M. View Post
                Rednose~ Glad you found your way back, it's ok that today this is all about you, however you sharing your thoughts and story helps us all.
                It is much easier to STAY clean & sober than it is to GET clean & sober!

Stay Hard my friend!
                Matt M.

Thank you. It is good to be back.

rednose

Comment

Hi, All:

I have been away and don't have time to read back fully tonight. I see that Lav and Daisy have lost people close to you - my sympathies and hugs coming your way.

Welcome back Blackflag, Ican and Rednose. So happy you're here.

I spent a night away with a group of friends at a beautiful place, laughing and having a great time - without alcohol. I was so happy I woke up today without a hangover, and felt wonderful in spite of the fact we stayed up very late laughing. I never suspected sober life could be fun like this. It IS possible.

xo
                  Pav

Comment

Checking in for the evening! GREAT job Rednose and Ican! The first few days are the hardest! Just tell yourselves you can stand the discomfort for a bit, and as others have recommended - sleep, eat, post, read, repeat!

Long days here, but I'm finding myself very content at the moment. I feel a renewed energy lately, very clean and clear. I've had 10 drinks in 120 days or so, and plan to never drink again. And I feel like such a different person.

If you are new at this, keep at it - through the discomfort - and you will find something wonderful on the other side. Sending good thoughts to everyone here. You CAN do it!
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
                      You know, JUST having had a colonoscopy, that day of fasting sort of reminds me of my Day 1's. Everything and Everybody sucked. I knew it was just ONE DAY, and all I had to do was get thru that and I would be ok. It was a long, HARD day....but it is do-able. Just like that colonoscopy, it HAD to be done....I was saving my own life by doing so. No question that Day 1 is a bitch, but they get easier from here! If you did it yesterday, by gosh, you can do it again today....and so it goes. You are on a journey of saving your own bacon and it's not all rainbows and butterflies, but my goodness, it is WORTH it. Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF, and you won't be sorry. Well done, Rednose, on getting it behind you! Ican and blackflag, how are you doing today?

Hope everyone has an easy day!
                      S- Stop
                      O- Observe
                      B- Breathe
                      E- Experience
                      R- Respond

That's on a sticky note in my drawer....I just love that little reminder. xo, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Matt 100 days!! Great Job buddy!

:welldone: :yay::applouse:
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

You guys have no idea the power your posts have on someone (like me) that is really suffering, has the desire, but can't find the courage to take the leap. That was me in 2013, 2014 and now. I just want to say thank you very much, I am inspired by you all. I'm back and for the first time I really feel ready, and courageous. I'm so tired of AL taking my life from me little by little. I don't want this anymore. Today is Day 3 and you'll be seeing me around here, a lot! The hardest thing for me to work out in this battle is the bargaining (thank you for that yesterday Byrdie). If I can just drink on the weekends, just drink 2 drinks, that's it! you guys know the dialog. That's off the table for me now - no more bargaining, I'm done! Working on tools and a plan this time as well. My ears are open and I'm finally hearing the pearls of wisdom. Looking forward to being a part of this community.

My prayers go out to Lav and Daisy for your losses.
                          "A good garden may have some weeds"
                          Thomas Fuller

Comment

Welcome back Gardener- That's right..no more bargaining..its a deal we can't win..great going on getting back to day 3...this time is your time

Rednose and Ican- Keep up the good work!

Great post Byrdie- Maybe this is the flip side?

D- Destructive
                            R- Reckless
                            U-Unhappy
                            N- Negative
                            K- Knucklehead

Hope everyone else is Planning on a strong, positive and AF day...enjoy
                            “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

A big c009.gif to all the new posters! Ican, blackflag, rednose, gardener, and anyone I've missed! MWO is definitely making a huge difference in my life! The people here have made my journey much easier with their wisdom and support!

I think there's a birthday to celebrate today as well..

Happy Birthday Pinecone! 3 years is amazing to me!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Our very own Pinecone is 3 years today??????? Gosh, I remember when you were a tiny twig, now you are a mighty tree giving strength and courage to others! You have surely come into your own these past few months, you've been posting more and your quiet confidence and encouragement are invaluable! I don't know what made you start posting more, but I'm so glad you are! Congratulations on 3 big years!!! It is a proud day in the nest!!
                                :three:
                                Wooo HOOOOOO! (your NOT so secret admirer)

Gardener, welcome back! Day 3 is massive! This is YOUR time, enough of the BS, time to start living! So glad to see you!

XOXOXO
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X