No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to avoid the situation by leaving early, but I guess it'd only have taken a wobbly moment to go another way. So maybe I shouldn't be chancing things like that so early on unless its unavoidable. Thanks ava.

Comment

Evening all!
      Well I got it all done today! Thats a good feeling, I am ready for Thanksgiving!

I was doing a bit of browsing thru the archives of MWO and I saw so many names and wondered how those folks were doing....some I remember doing so well but wandered off only to come back later having fallen. It prompted me to ask myself "WHY does this happen?" Im sure there are many reasons but I boiled it down to this....We must make our sobriety our #1 priority each and every day. It happenss when we get lazy and complacent...relapse becomes inevitable. When we don't stay connected to our source of strength, we lose ours. We forget just how hard we worked initially and over time, let best practices slide. For me, checking in here is a small price to pay for all I have received. I got my life back.
      Just wanted to get that off my chest, I was really bothered by all the names that I remember so fondly.
      Hope everyone has a peaceful evening! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi all! Great to see all the posts! Been a tough weekend for the old cowboy, been thinking of drinking a lot with the ex and daughter, still hanging in there by a thread, but my Higher Power tells me to hang in there, so I will..
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Night nesters. It's dark and quiet here. I can see a few of you have been struggling. Hang in there. I had one of the saddest nights of my life tonight. My mom and I had a very large disagreement about something very important. And I realized that my family is all about saving face and keeping secrets. There is true love in my family. But damn, we sure do work hard to make sure that we look good on the outside. I'm exhausted and just needed to check in. Peace to you all.
          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

How come you weren't on here getting some help, Mr. ABC? That's one of the best features of an online peer support group! It's good to hear that you made it, in any case, and didn't give up the health and peace you've gained. :hug:

Comment

Your box is full, Moss. It wasn't too private, anyway, just xx :hug:.

Comment

Hello,

I am back. Unfortunetly, like they say, alcoholism is a disease that does not get better. It usually gets worse. I slid back into drinking wine every night. Every Monday, is say, I will not drink during the week, then only to find a reason good or bad to drink. I am drinking box wine a few a week. I am starting to feel some liver issues and have gained so much weight. I have decided to give it up completely. I would like to go a year. I will log in on the daily newbies numbers. thanks for being here!!! wish me love and luck.
                ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

Thanks NS. Cleaned out my inbox. I'm bereft tonight. I can't believe that I am being asked to keep up appearances even now. My brother is dying. He is estranged from his children. When does the time come to stop making excuses, and start making amends? OMG - I just don't think I can deal with this.

Comment

Hi meshellrn!

Comment

mesh - I wish you more than love and luck. I with you success. Glad you are here. Stay strong. We're by your side.

Comment

Welcome back, Meshell!
                        So glad to see you are ready to reclaim your life! It is a sad reality that this is one disease that doeasnt improve over time unless the cause of the problem is removed. The only question I have for you is why do you have the time limit of one year? This is such a powerful disease, I found the only way to beat it is to take the option of drinking off the table for good. No more! Enough is enough. Like a bad science experiment we keep trying over and over but we dont change the one thing that is causing the problem. We have all seen so many folks give up AL for X amount of time and the moment they reintroduce it, it overtakes them again (Robin Williams and Phillip Seymore Hoffman come to mind). So my tweak to your wonderful plan would be to vow to live your life AF and that is that. How do we do that? Its an awful lot like eating an elephant....you eat it one bite at a time! Welcome back! Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
                          I just don't think I can deal with this.
                          No matter what it is, Moss, you can handle it as the strong and sober woman you now are. You can't change these events or other people's behavior but you are in charge of your responses and actions. Hang in there, Friend.

Comment

Moss, remember we have chat now...do you want to "talk about it." I can meet you if you want to get it off your chest! As you know, MY family is nuts! Hang on, no matter what!! B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks so much for the support.it really means alot. I do know that it is something I can not have.the alcohol. I'll take your advice byrdlady
                              ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

welcome back meshell...alcohol can be so tricky..and surely is so progressive..I felt like I was in the middle stages and heading for worse fast before I had my wake up moment (there is a good link below to see where you think you are)....but its not too late..you are in a great place here..stick around and let's kick AL's progressive slide together

Here are 2 facts about alcoholism: It tends to get worse over time (it is progressive) and most people experience a fairly similar progression of symptoms and consequences. Here is a timeline which charts the progressive experiences of alcoholism through the early, middle and late stages. If ...

MR- sorry to hear that..you have every right to be angry...but you can deal with this..try to think about last time hardship came up in your life and how you got by without AL..It probably wasn't easy, but you could do it..take a break and do something that cheers you up for a bit....then come back to your problems when you are feeling better..hang in there
                                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Working...
                                X