Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey

Goodnight little ones....giving kisses on the forehead as I make my way around.....17 hrs down.....another 17 start in a few hours.....just had to see my little ones to sleep at 1 a.m............although I swear, the nest seems busier when I'm NOT around...you trying to tell me something???????????
    Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Papa,

I think it is just you and me, so I will happily take all the kisses and dole them out later......maybe?

Gotta pop out of the nest to go foraging for a baby gift and a housewarming gift,

back later little furry ones, Papa R, hope you get some good sleep and that the next shift is uneventful! Sweet dreams, N
      Live your life in such a way that
      when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
      Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nestlings, it is Saturday I hope everyone had an enjoyable Friday night. I went out to dinner with friends they were drinking and I passed! U know what I dident even miss it but then I never drank that much when I was out. All my drinking was done alone at home at the weekend no one really knew So this is day 37 AF for me. Just begginning to loose the weight 3 lbs down! It is a bright cold frosty morning here, I am going for a long walk will bring back some food for u all. In the meantime stay cozy and warm in the nest.
        Luv x

Comment

Newbies Nest

All still asleep shall chirp softly by u

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Bird power!! You are all doing Great. Makes me so happy. Today is Day 7 for me and I am planning a "Girls Day" with my Sis and Cousin on our beautiful seacoast. We are going to have a Heatwave 30-40 degrees Farenheit, so gonna synch some new music onto the IPod and do some walking. Have a Great Day all.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning chickadie's,

Poppa R-sleep tight. You work those long hours and still find time to come tuck us in.

Neuro-I was up later than usual for me. Just one of those restless nights. Sounds like you have a busy day in store for yourself.

Irish-37 days-wow. That's great. I was glad to hear about the weight. I thought I would lose weight when I stopped but it's been just the opposite. Maybe it just takes awhile for the body to adjust.

Sea-Congratulation on 7 days! That first week is hard but you made it. I know I don't ever want to have to do it again. How are the AA meetings going? Looks like you're working on a plan.
              Hubby and I drove the coast of NH last summer and it was beautiful.

Has anyone checked out the Redneck thread in general? It's a hoot!!

To all the birdies that follow-may your feathers stay dry, your claws stay warm, and your gummy worms plentiful.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, renewal, I'm sorry I missed last night's tuck-in! I was asleep early due to being under the weather. Hope you are doing OK with your mini marathon!

Lil, haven't seen you in awhile. You sound like you're doing well. It's 46 degrees here in Ohio and the snow and ice is melting! YAY! I'll check out the redneck thread today. Thanks!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday to you all

So far, so good. Seems like we all made it through Friday night safe and sound. Sunny and a bit warm today but still high winds. I am going to borrow a dog and take a walk Will be very busy today and tomorrow. Tuesday for the Antabuse..definitely going to get it.

Will check in later.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

One Friday night down!

Good Morning Everyone,

Friday was great! I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up this morning feeling so refreshed! I really like the feelling of not being hung over in the mornings.

I'm skipping out on my "Mommies Outing" today. I'm not ready to be in a social setting yet where I know I don't have the self control. Instead I'm going to treat myself to a little shoe shopping be myself. Then another nice night here at home with my daughter and hubby.

Ta ta for now my friends!

Jamie
                    Last night out of control February 3, 2009. I'm not doing it again, I'm doing this for my daughter.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dill-Yes it's suppose to get into the 50's for the next couple of days. Rainy though. I thought I saw a robin earlier and got excited. But it was only a sparrow. But Lowes has put out there flower seed packets so spring can't be that far away.

UNG-Yep looks like we survived another week end. (I didn't even have to run out to the garage to see if my car was there!) Sad to say I have miss placed my car a time or two back in the day. Good for you on the antabuse. Should give you a chance to get your head together and work on a plan. Maybe figure out what some of your triggers are. You haven't given up. that's the important thing.

Jamie-I was a mess my first 4 days. But you sound like you've hit the floor running. Congrats on your first Fiat night. Good idea on skipping the Mommies Outing. I don' t even keep AL in the house and definitely wouldn't go to any "social outings" right now.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Advice

Staying away from bar...is a good choice and change of habit to make I stop going too bar to meet my boyfriend after work . We were not latenite people we have 2 3 drinks and went home... He still go for his afterwork drinks.He is Scotish and it is in his blood But never come home drunk. I am not attracted to this places anymore.. I prefer a very good restaurent on one to one.or .with some friends before going to theatre or a show So I tried to stay sober... I go for a run if I have the urges to drink or keep busy working on my writing.... and editing... and take my supplement. Kudzu. I make sure I won't run out of it. My goal is to be AF. I was 3 days AF.. I make short term goal... like one day at a time and one week at the time..HIs that simple...
                        sigpic Brand new

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where is Sunshine???
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

well, i'm new here. Just trying not to reach towards the beer today. It's just so hard to not do it when you've already bought it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the nest, Entity! Too bad about the beer in the house. I have beer in the house, too, but I don't cave in to beer. If there's wine in the house, I'm drinking it. I hope you can ignore that beer!
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Entity come on in to our nest you are very welcome. I would find it so difficult not to drink if I had alcohol in the house. Remember you have choices u can dump the beer right now and then u wont be tempted if that is what u want. This site is here to help people stop drinking and turn their lives around and people are in various stages in their recovery. The most important thing is to keep reading and posting and take the inspiration from others who have been through similar to you and who are now finding their way out. This is a wonderful place,it is supportive accepting and nonjudgemental.
                                Luv :welcome:

Comment

Working...
                                X