Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

rived;826503 wrote: Jackal,
    Half a litre was my max. I passed out after that amount. When I quit, I went to the clinic and got lorazepam to lessen the withdrawal effects. I would do the same if I were you--and be honest about the quantity you drank.
    thank you for your reply.i do intend to visit my gp later today.its weird but today apart from a mild shake and sweat i feel not to bad.i was drinking all day everyday but never really got drunk just comfortably numb.i have had marmite toast and coffee this morning instead of afew shots.its a start.i have detoxed myself a couple of times over the years with no meds.thing is i have alot of little twitches in my legs,do you no if thats alcohol related.isnt as bad today now ive not drank.ive also found out i have an enlarged liver and spleen with mild scaring and mild jaundice.im on vitamin co strong and thiamin...thank you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jackal :welcome:

I am not an expert but I do have a friend who had difficulty with legs and it came about he was short of Thiamin. Alcohol strips it from your body and you can not replace it. It also affects a part of your brain cells that control your legs. Why not google Thiamin and read a little. As I said I am no expert. Some encouragement though, he has been sober for 12 months and walks fine now. Liver is almost back to normal and he has never felt as good. He was drinking about a litre of alcohol a day - wine, beer and vodka.

Good luck on your journey you have come to a wonderful fourm :l
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:hi jackal good to have you here. i think there is an nhs helpline you can ring and ask them about your symptoms, maybe put your mind at rest, or tell you to go to a & e. i dont know the number but i think it is in the book. good that your going to the docs. keep us posted and let us know how you get on. well done for not have the first shots of the day, thats the only way to start.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jackal. Yes tremors are a symptom of withdrawal. I looked up signs in wikipedia for you and there is quite a comprehensive list in alcohol withdrawl syndrome. Have a look. Sounds like you have come to the right place for help. We welcome everyone with open arms. No one will judge you no matter what you have done or where you have been. Please make sure you go to that doctors appointment and visit us here often. Good luck.
          Thanks Nora - my daughter is fine today. Just growing pains (?) I think.
          Katie - I have to tell you that I am so worried about your internet dating. I am so distrusting of sites like that as if you have to make a judgment purely on what someone is telling you, it has the potential for trouble. Please, please be careful. I dont want to put you off but I worry for you. Take care cause we dont want anything to happen to you. (sorry if I sound like a old nag)
          Hi Lav, Tranq, Soph, Chook, Mama, Spuddle, Panno, Rived, Jackie and everyone else who pops in. Anyone heard from Fluff, Mazzie, Meech or Jolie lately? I usually only stay here in the nest so dont get to many other posts.
          Take care and stay strong.
          HC
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was wondering about Mazzie earlier. I know she is in Queensland, further north than I am and they have had a cyclone recently but I think she went AWOL before then.

Although power has been out there and there has been some wind damage, I don't think it was a dangerous cyclone.

Well, I hope they ALL come back soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.....after my post yesterday, I realized that I had missed some of our nesters and I laid there and worried. I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. Then I started worrying about who hadn't been in the nest lately. Gee whiz.

Jackal - Glad that you are here. Good that you are going to the Dr. You want to make sure that you are doing this safely. You have come to a wonderful, supportive place. :welcome:

Panno - you were one of the people, I was thinking about last night.

Spuddleduck - another of the people I was thinking about.

Hippy - Glad to hear your daughter is better. My son had appendicitis at around that age so I was very concerned. :l

Rived - My doctor gave me Lorazepam too.

Katie - Yes - you must be very, very careful on dating site. Do NOT let your guard down for a minute. There are wonderful people in this world but there are also some not nice people. Be safe!

Ok Nesters - Coffee is on. Diet Coke is in the fridge. I am going to try to get a little bit more sleep. I have got a sinus headache and will be calling the doctor this morning. Have a wonderful AF day!:l
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY OVERIT2007!!! 30 DAYS AF!!!

G:wd:O:wd:O:wd
                J:wd:O:wd:B

You go, girl!
                Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jackal--

Good to see you here. Yes. The twitches in the legs are probably withdrawal -- probably a more advanced stage. I am glad that you will see your GP today, I think this time around you may not be able to do it yourself. Ativan will definitely help avoid the dangerous aspects of going cold turkey. I am a ICU nurse and have ironically detoxed many of a poor soul... and have a brother in end stage liver failure (45) who is still drinking and glowing yellow. He was drinking a liter to two liters of Vodka/day at his max. So I know where you are very well. I do understand the demons very well. (having them myself as well!)
                    Be honest with the doc about your intake. And stay strong. It will take a few days to get over this hump, but then you can get to work on the important stuff and keep hanging out with us in the nest! Keep us posted -- OK?

Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Good to see you all this morning!
                      The Nest is really hopping with happy people

Hi & welcome Jackal! Please find yourself a comfy twig & settle in with us.
                      Be sure you are drinking plenty of water & tea while you are detoxing - will help you feel better, sooner.

Nora, thanks I survived the toddler marathon! Now I know why 50 somethings do not have babies - God!
                      Actually, I'm hoping all that activity has helped kicked my metabolism into gear
                      Good luck with the sinus thing - hate that stuff!

KatieB, about the internet dating...........there are some real predators out there! I still think meeting someone face to face in a safe group setting is best. Please don't let those idiots get in your face!!

Congrats to Overit on your 30 AF days - YAY!!!! Keep up the good work!!

Greetings to rived, JC, Panno, HC, Spam, Coco & everyone else stopping in today!

Time for me to get some work done. Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Violet - cross post
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Nora. Please don't worry about addressing everyone. There are so many people here, it's almost impossible to keep up. I read the posts but without making pen and paper notes I couldn't comment on each and every one. We know you're with us and we know you care.

It's taken me hours to get here tonight. I've read so much, cried a bit and posted. There are sad stories and amazing milestones. I think I've been on here for at least 2 hours before getting here.

Day 8 here and went out for dinner tonight. Just had sparkling water and didn't feel disappointed.

I am sleeping well at the moment, perhaps a little too well as I could easily sleep for 12 hours a night. Hubby is going away from tomorrow until Friday so I have got to make sure I am up to pack the kit, make the sarnies, do the school run.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday, It's just an hour short of Wednesday here in Ozland.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, I was everywhere but the nest last night!

I'm doing well, Nora, thanks for asking. Nights are difficult, but not beyond coping.

Welcome aboard, Jackal. You might try taking a range of B vitamins, as well. Drinking severely depletes the body of B vitamins, and that can cause nerve damage, etc. Give it a try.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spam - That's the way it has been for me this morning. I just keep stopping by places.

Fennel - Are you having problems sleeping? I have heard people mentioning something....Calms Fortes????? I'm not sure. But they said it really works. My Doctor gave me Lorazepam and while probably not the best solution, it did help me sleep.

Ok - got to get ready for work. I'm going to go in for a bit and then try to call for a Doctor appointment. Have a lovely day or evening Nesters.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;826627 wrote: Spam - That's the way it has been for me this morning. I just keep stopping by places.

Fennel - Are you having problems sleeping? I have heard people mentioning something....Calms Fortes????? I'm not sure. But they said it really works. My Doctor gave me Lorazepam and while probably not the best solution, it did help me sleep.
                                Calms Fortes? I'll look into it, Nora, thanks. I was going to go out and get some "sleepy-time" tea today. I'll look up the Calms Fortes and see if I can find that somewhere, too. I have to take my mom to PT, but I'll head out after.

Have a good day!

Comment

Working...
                                X