Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Rahul!

Hello Sue, Evan and all new and not so new folks rolling by.

Hope you're having a cruisey day Ava.

How many hours away is it till Dec. 2 for Pav?

Make this day/evening/week a special one y'all. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Duel, great you made it through Thanksgiving,Way to go! You can do it, that is a milestone, right?
      Btw, there is just Ava(Available) and Pav, the 2 quit buddies. It is a bit confusing. Lunatic Linda is also Available.

Rahul, 300 days' yippee! One year, here you come!

Well another sober night for me. Booze everywhere at my in laws house but I stuck to my Perrier.
      Pav....is it time yet? Can't wait!!
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi, Everyone --

For me here on the other side of the International Date Line, I still have two sleeps to go. Believe me, I'll check in. In terms of days, though, the Sunday after Thanksgiving was the last day I drank, so that makes today an anniversary of sorts. I'll get a waffle in on Tuesday, no worries.

Ava! I was out all day with my son at a basketball tournament. I got in the car to come home, pulled out of the parking lot, and was just thinking that I couldn't wait to get home to check in on you and your anniversary. Just then, what came on the radio?? I'm not kidding you - it was Avicci! So amazing. I turned it up and sang it out loud and proud in honor of you. You have been such an inspiration and role model here. You have shown that one can wade through a lot of s%#t and still stay sober - in fact that it is less horrible if you are sober. But more importantly to me, you have shown how having a wonderful sense of humor and keen insight can help you not only survive but thrive in your new sober life. Maybe someday you will become an official recovery counselor (as I think you'd be very good at it), but for now, you're official to us. There is no doubt that many people, myself included, have been encouraged and supported by you - even if it means the threat of a brick coming across the ocean. Your four children are so lucky to have their mom back, and your mom is lucky to have her daughter back. Robert, Maddison and everyone else are lucky to have you in their lives, too. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart which is quite full right now.

xo
        Pav

Comment

And a quick return to say CONGRATULATIONS, to Rahul as well.

I know if you are lurking, the success around here can be intimidating. PLEASE don't let it stop you from coming back. We have success because we kept coming back and kept asking for help when we needed it. You will get a hug AND advice, support AND hard questions that will help you focus on the task at hand - getting alcohol out of your life.

Good night all.

Pav(ati)

Comment

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
            Suek - every sober day is a celebration! :hug: Ava and Pav are inspirations.! They have shown us what one day at a time can add up to. Hang in there, friend.
            Absolutely MossRose!!! Every sober day is a blessing!!! I am happy to be here and inspired!
            And determined to make "this time" forever........

Comment

Good morning Nest! Looks like I missed saying Congrats to Pavati and Rahul!! What a great inspiration you all are here, and around the holidays to boot!!

Back to work, my cold/virus appears to be getting better. Yay!! Hope everyone has a great sober Monday!
              AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
                Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend/Thanksgiving. I hope we didn't lose anyone!!
                So good to see the milestones. When I first came on board, it seemed like everyone was doing better than I was. This is a mind trick. Around here, there will ALWAYS be people ahead of you and people behind you and people BESIDE you. One day you will be posting and it will hit you like a Linda-Brick, 'I HAVE a lot of days going on!!' They add up before you know it!

Pav, the band is getting warmed up, they are exhausted from their Australia trip, but will have enough juice to belt out a tune for you tomorrow! How exciting!!

Hope everyone has an easy day today!! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good job on one year Available!
                  11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Pav, your turn is coming up! Can't wait!

It is a glorious un hungover Monday here in Calgary. (Actually it is Freezing out but warm inside)
                    Yesterday WE WON the Grey Cup and there was a huge celebration in Calgary, I drank my Perrier and was happy. Glad I wasn't in the bar or at a Grey Cup Party getting sloshed. I am sure there are lots of hangovers today here.

I just want to reinforce what Byrdie and Pav were saying. There have been a lot of milestones here lately but it was a long road to get here. I have 233 days but there were so many day 1's for me. At lease 233 day 1's for sure. I drank last Christmas and New Years even though I was posting here everyday. But I kept after it because I did not want to drink anymore. I was tired of the hangovers and the guilt. Finally I can say my last drink was on April 12th, 2014. I turned 50 shortly after that and decided I do not want to drink for the 'next 50' years of my life. I have been trying to quit for 14 years. My first AA visit was in 2000.
                    I wish you all the best in your quest for sobriety. One day at a time right? Just don't drink today.
                    Talk soon.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good late morning Nesters,

I was up & out early for an appointment today & have gotten lots of things done. A little work now & possibly will be watching my grandsons this afternoon. Never a dull moment, honestly

Pav, I don't even know where you are located but from here it's only 13 hours until midnight & your 1 year AF anniversary. Getting excited for you too

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well back to the grindstone of 1 year and 1 day. Celebrating with the children was just wonderful and it was a very very special day. I highly recommend making it to a year and beyond.

Pav i just had to listen to Avicci last night, i feel like contacting him and telling him the meaning of his song for me but alas we have to keep it our secret. It bought back the memories of my last drinking days and how bad they were but now they remind me that i have woken up now and i do have such a good life.

Newbies keep plodding along, your day will come, never ever give up. I am so grateful that i never did and mwoers didnt either.

Take care
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Back in the swing here... mounds of paperwork and clients calling. Honestly, I don't know why I try to do as much as I do. I am ambitious by nature, but we all have limits. Unfortunately, still a bit of an over-the-top schedule until a few projects are in ordered and billed.

I had a relatively event-free week last week, but I am remaining on my guard for AL the ass to rear his ugly head at any time now, especially since the vacation is over!

Pavati, I really like your way of saying "...because I don't drink." Period - end of conversation. May I borrow it?

Hope everyone is getting through the start of this week ok. Mr. B, I'm late, but I'm sending condolences for your father. Stay strong and remember that being sober actually allows us to handle things better than if we check out.

Take care, All.
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Availabe- congrats on your 1st anniversary, may there be many many more ahead.
                            Thanks everyone for keeping things so positive. Today I find myself riddled with anxiety and actually wanted a drink today.
                            This anxiety has been mounting for a while now & I am running out of the L glut.
                            I think I really notice a big difference and nothing is going on to trigger the anxiety.
                            Reading here helps a lot so thanks!
                            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I know if you are lurking, the success around here can be intimidating. PLEASE don't let it stop you from coming back. We have success because we kept coming back and kept asking for help when we needed it. You will get a hug AND advice, support AND hard questions that will help you focus on the task at hand - getting alcohol out of your life.

I myself find it very encouraging......congrats to everyone past their first day!

Comment

Well said Evan. It is important to always keep in mind that recovery is a process and not an event. Giving up alcohol is just the beginning.
                                It is a process that takes dedication, sacrifice, realistic expectations and humility, among other things. It also takes support. If you are just lurking, or have come back here to start again for the 10th time, the final goal is the same. We have all been there, and we can do this together..the more the merrier (tis the season). Hope everyone is having a great positive stress-free and AF day.
                                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Working...
                                X