Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I just got back from the grocery store and I did not buy any AL. I would usually buy 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of beer. This would last us 3 days maybe. I did get some fruit :thumbs: and ice cream :blush::blush: After only 3.5 days I am feeling physically stronger and my thinking is clearer. AL makes me stupid and makes me feel weak and I don't like it.

Stay True,

Kit
    NF since January 3, 1998
    AF since March 20, 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fennel I have just read that munching on lettuce and celery sticks before bedtime is one of the most calming nutrients - celery in particular - it's loaded with mineral magnesium :l
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Panno,
        Good to see you back.. not seen you for awhile! or is that just me not being observant..
        kitkatz - i'm with you on the AL making you feel weak and stupid! it's so much better being AF! having a clear head and feeling physically well is priceless..
        Katie
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Katie have been working and slipping!!! Made a new thread today though - just can't get passed 4af day !!! Pleased to say though am at end of day 2 now - great to hear ur making busy plans for your days off

Luv p :l
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Panno,
            Even if you slip, still come on here.. i've slipped up a few times, but luckily I did only buy low AL wine.. and did not get drunk any of those times.. i should not get complacent though and remember why I am here.. i think I need to write another list!
            I have lots of activities planned for my days off.. my last "day off" is my court case with my ex though so I am going to try to keep my mind off that until the day itself.. take care..
            Katie xx
            p.s I am also on Day 2 AF again.. we can do this together.. ODAT! xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Panno;826887 wrote: Fennel I have just read that munching on lettuce and celery sticks before bedtime is one of the most calming nutrients - celery in particular - it's loaded with mineral magnesium :l
              Thanks for the tip, Panno! I just picked up some sleepy-time tea, but I'll grab some celery tomorrow. :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone! Happy to see that there are some great milestones achieved by my fellow Nesters! Congratulations to all!

Making it through Day 4, thankfully, because on my way home from work The Demon struck! I did have to stop for groceries, which is very risky for me after work, but with thoughts of you people here in our Nest, I was able to defeat that Beast and I left the store with no alcohol! Yay!

I could not bear to give up on Day 4 and have to confess to all of you that I was starting again on Day 1. The strength of fellowship prevailed once again! A HUGE "Thank You!" to everyone for contributing to my ability to shun The Poison! Together we are stronger.
                :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Done Rived!
                  This proves you have the strength and motivation to beat the beast.. congrats! :rockon:

Katie xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've been thinking of all the money I waste on AL. I would much rather spend it on:

1. a vacation
                    2. new clothes
                    3. new car
                    4. new furniture
                    5. go back to school or take classes

I could go on an on. What will you do with the money you save by being AF?

Kit
                    NF since January 3, 1998
                    AF since March 20, 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

rived;826911 wrote: Hi Everyone! Happy to see that there are some great milestones achieved by my fellow Nesters! Congratulations to all!

Making it through Day 4, thankfully, because on my way home from work The Demon struck! I did have to stop for groceries, which is very risky for me after work, but with thoughts of you people here in our Nest, I was able to defeat that Beast and I left the store with no alcohol! Yay!

I could not bear to give up on Day 4 and have to confess to all of you that I was starting again on Day 1. The strength of fellowship prevailed once again! A HUGE
                      "Thank You!" to everyone for contributing to my ability to shun The Poison! Together we are stronger.
                      Rived, it's HUGE that you overcame the urge and came here instead! :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

kitkatz10;826958 wrote: I've been thinking of all the money I waste on AL. I would much rather spend it on:

1. a vacation
                        2. new clothes
                        3. new car
                        4. new furniture
                        5. go back to school or take classes

I could go on an on. What will you do with the money you save by being AF?

Kit
                        I'm putting it towards the home I'm going to build when I buy land out in the middle of nowhere... my partner and I are meeting up with a realtor at the end of the month to begin our search.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A busy day in the Nest again

Spam, congrats on your 8 AF days - good for you!

Greetings fennel & Nora. Hope you are both well! I finally resolved my insomnia with an herbal preparation called Mellodyn - works like a charm MELLODYN | Natural Sleep Remedy | Herbal Insomnia Cure

Hi & welcome kitkatz! Just find yourself a comfy twig & settle right in with us! Congrats on your 4 AF days - you're doing great!

spud - well done on your 31 days, that's terrific! You must feel like a brand new person

coco, doing great also with 9 days under your belt!

papmom, your pup sounds like he needs a soothing foothbath - poor thing!

KatieB, good to plan ahead for your time off - you'll never be sorry

Suddenly turned windy & chilly here today - missing last week when it was 70 degrees & sunny!
                          Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday night - leaving the night light on for late arrivals!!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. This nest is getting so busy. Love it!
                            I am supposed to be going to the gym, but had to stop by for my morning fix.
                            Kitkatz - welcome. Rant and rave all you like. This is the best place for it and believe me, we truly understand. Your first few days are sounding like mine were. I was shovelling any comfort food I could find into my mouth. Think I was sulking cause I couldnt have what I really wanted so made do with junk instead. However it got me thru so do whatever you can to stop picking that poison up.
                            Fennel - I get Calms forte off a site called Iherb. I think it comes from California (?) They are brilliant. Have got my boss and a collegue on them now... I feel like the office drug dealer as I am getting anti-depressants, AllOne and Calms Forte off the net and distributing them to all who need it!
                            Spuddle - well done on your AF time. It feels great doesnt it.
                            Fennel, Kitkat - Enjoy your partners not drinking as it is really hard to watch (and smell that lovely red wine...) when my husband has a glass or two at night. I am learning to disassociate myself when he does get stuck in as it is too hard sometimes. And I am not going to let anything distract me from my AF path. Been too hard to get here and am not going back now.
                            Pap - I like your list of the good things from being AF. Even just the little things are worth acknowledging. Keep it up, you're doing great.
                            Well done to you too Rived. It's a great site we have here and is one of the main reasons I have been able to stay AF.
                            Hi to all who pops in. Trying to rush so I can get to the gym before my enthusiasm disappears....
                            Take care and will pop back later. (My day off - yay).
                            X
                            I finally got it!
                            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All
                              Just back from hols, 1.20AM here so am well ready for bed, just wanted to check in and tell all I missed you all and had a brill hol, looking forward to checking over a weeks posts tomorrow and see how everyone is. Night night
                              Molly
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly - WELCOME HOME!!!! We have been thinking of you!!! Hope that you had a marvelous vacation. Can't wait to hear all about it. :l:l:l
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X