Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi MossRose,
    Sending you strength! Sounds like you really need it right now...
    PLEASE don't drink.....Alcohol never helped anything, never fixed anything.....
    BE STRONG!!!!! I know whatever you are going through is tough, but hang in there! DON'T DRINK!!!!
    Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Moss Rose - I am sending you strength and good wishes.
      You are strong, you are in control.

I am here for you!!!

Comment

Moss, please let us have your back on this one. You are needed here, you should know that. I have truly appreciated your posts recently. You are one of the good ones.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

I need to find that "escape" that booze used to give me. I could sure use it tonight. Grrrrrr.... Deep breaths, mindfulness, grrrrr.....
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and getting ready for the holiday season with a plan. I am planning on giving myself the greatest gift ever, an AF holiday, no hangovers, no shame, no regrets, no guilt, as Kensho said "no more pain in the ass" anywhere near me for the holidays. The best gift ever!!! Sending everyone good cheers, with sparkling cranberry soda and a smile!

Comment

Quick check in for me. Been super busy and trying to get in the Christmas spirit.

Kensho~Hang tough. Play that drink out with every detail for 24 hrs. Stay Hard!

Moss~thinking about you. Sent you a PM.
              Hope to get caught up in here this evening.
              AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Kensho reread the post you wrote just yesterday about being happy to leave the tee tottering behind, "what a waste of time", find another avenue to unwind and leave "the pain in the ass" exactly where it belongs in the past!!! Very inspiring post indeed.

Comment

I got it! No drinking here, because I don't drink. It's not the booze I want, it's relief from the stress. I'll figure it out.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

I hope you know you have loads of support here MR :hug:

Kensho, sounds trite but I honestly switched out decaf green tea & some really good guided meditations for the
                    relief' found in a bottle of wine. It doesn't even occur to me to reach for AL anymore in bad times or good. Just takes a lot of practice

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest. Don't fall, it hurts.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey all....late check in....another ultra busy day! I intend to be here longer but this really is the busiest I have been all year. I have left everything to the last minute (probably because I was so hungover all the time!) and am doing catch-up.
                      Also throwing a wee party for my wee tots on Friday.....the funny thing was a little 3 yr old went home and invited her nan and grandpa and told them there would be wine at it......I told her mum we never mentioned wine......apparently her nan drinks it.....so funny!
                      Git thrown off-guard last night.....after 4 mouse-free weeks I decided to lift all the traps....half an hour later my daughter says she seen a mouse in the kitchen! My heart sank......changed how I felt completely, but ok now. Checked and think it may have been a leaf blowing across the floor, mixed with the beastie paranoia that having vermin brings.
                      Day 15 today....the first real thoughts came tonight, but that was it.....played it out and know the outcome....even walked down the wine aisle in the supermarket before that and not a bother! Felt good.
                      Kensho, what about exercise? Great destresser.....says me who needs to get back to it asap!
                      Good night all.....love the way the conversation has been going the past few days.....keeps us on our toes!
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I am obviously having a bad night, and I came here to vent. Did I want to drink? Truthfully, it was my first thought after getting that phone call. My brain is still learning to rewire itself. One day, I hope that won't be my first Pavlovian response to a stressful situation. But I didn't drink and I won't, and that's what makes everything ok, even though nothing is ok, if that makes sense. Tomorrow, I may post more about that's going on, but I'm just not ready to talk about it. Tonight, I am just thankful for all of you and your support.

Sho - I am sorry to hear about your dog. I know - they are part of the family and it's so heartbreaking. Hang in there. xx
                        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Good job Moss!
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Way to go Mossy.

Goodnight everyone. Stay sober tonight.
                            Xo
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi,

Sho - So sorry about your dog.

Mossy - Glad you put that thought to rest. You, too, Daisy. Playing the drink through to the end is very helpful to me. I have a moment in the worst hangover in my life that I keep in my easy to reach file in my brain and I take it out whenever I need to.

Lav - I agree, it takes re-training. I don't think of booze first. I think of deep breathing and exercise (which is also meditation for me).

I am unbelievably busy at work and home - so hard to find a moment for myself. I have to remember to do that so I don't get too wound up.

Good night.

Pav

Comment

Morning everyone, Day 12 and a sleepless night for me. Thank you everyone for the kind words about my dog, it's been hard. We've decided that tomorrow will be the day for her. I've had so much going back and forth that she may get better and the guilt that comes with it, I'm really torn inside. There are options to have her cremated, have her buried with other pets on a farm in the country or bring her home. And as hard as it will be for me I want to bring her home and bury her in the woods in our yard. She will be close to me and I'm hoping putting her to rest will be healing emotionally for me. I've got tears in my eyes typing this.

It was really good this to read people working through their urges to drink. It can come on so strong and so fast for so many reasons, and Christmas can bring out the sadness in a lot of people. These past 12 days no drinking have been really good, it's been hard at moments working through feelings I would normally work through with Wine or Vodka, but being there and present and feeling them all has been better. I'm praying for some strength for the next little bit, because I know I'll need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X